|Some of the names in this Article use an unofficial English translation of its official Japanese Name.|
The name is obtained either by using Japanese translating programs or through previous existing English equivalent terms in the game. The names will be used as quick references around other articles in the Monster Hunter Wiki until Capcom reveals the official English names for them.
The Espinas Rare Species is the second subspecies of Espinas and appears from MHFO 5.5. It has a milky white underbelly, with a very light grey carapace, finished with light purple thorns.
This species of Espinas inhabits the Great Forest Peak. It uses moves similar to that of the other Espinas, but with some improved aim and a new, exclusive attack, that could devastate whole hunting parties, and change the course of the entire quest, as it flies into the air, and fires a huge reddish-purple fireball to the floor; the blast created by this explosion fires a huge wave of fire and poison which envelopes vast swathes of the area. After the initial wave, if no one trips Espinas Rare Species it will stomp and various spots will still be on fire and poisonous, making them painful to traverse.
Want to see more? Check out White Espinas Videos
|【MHFO】エスピナス希少種・Pearl Espinas Pt1(06:31)|
|【MHFO】エスピナス希少種・Pearl Espinas Pt2(09:57)|
- Its new devastating fireball is extinguished by the rain, puddles, and ponds, possibly suggesting that in a dry area, the fireball can be even more threatening.
- Notice that if not tripped it drinks some water on the ground after the move is performed.
- When breaking its chest, it seems to have purple blood, but when breaking the horns, back, and wings, it draws out red blood. It's possible the purple blood may not be blood at all, but poison.
- Players can only hunt the Espinas Rare Species once they reach HR61+.
- An interesting fact is that its battle theme is the same as Lao Shan Lung's in Area 4.
- It is unclear whether this is just an albino Espinas or an entirely different subspecies. Though hints of green can be seen on its arms.
- Tripping Espinas Rare Species when recovering from its fire wave attack can possibly earn you a special stone in rewards.