|MHP3: Arzuros, Lagombi and Volvidon Theme|
Volvidon is an armadillo-like Fanged Beast that inhabits the Sandy Plains and Volcano regions. The Volvidon will attack the hunter using its long tongue, strong limbs, paralytic saliva, foul smelling gas, and a ricochet-jump. First appearing in Monster Hunter Portable 3rd, it is red, armour plated, and slightly larger than an Aptonoth.
It preys mostly on Neopterons, as shown in both its Introduction Video (where a Bnahabra is eaten) and when the actual monster is low on Stamina (it feeds on Altaroth in their nests). It is capable of spitting out a paralyzing liquid and inflicts Soiling using a foul odor. Being a Fanged Beast, the Volvidon retains attacks similar to those of Arzuros and Lagombi.
- When Volvidon is low on stamina it will fail to spit paralyzing fluid and to attack with its tongue.
- It will also fall over when attempting to roll.
- To recover Stamina, Volvidon will prey on Altaroth or Bnahabra; it uses its tongue to pluck them from their nests.
- The tough shell on Volvidon back can be broken.
- Ironically, it's tongue can be attacked when it uses it's Tongue Paralyze attack.
- Volvidon's Bouncing Jump attack can be blocked if the player guards against it if they are absolutely not hitting the player directly from above.
- If the player manages to hit the Volvidon while it is rolling, its roll will be interrupted and the Volvidon will fall back and remain motionless on the ground for a few seconds. This leaves it exposed and vulnerable. Monsters can do this to Volvidon as well.
- If the player is ranged and manages to hit Volvidon enough while it's doing it's Bouncing Jump, it'll fall back to the ground, and remain motionless for a few seconds.
- Just like Lagombi, Volvidon will leave an area when almost dead by limping, not rolling.
- Volvidon gains two new attack moves at G-Rank in Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate. One is an "all-in" tongue attack, the other a jump'n'roll move.
|Monster Hunter Portable 3rd HD Ver. - Volvidon intro(00:28)|
Information is taken from mhp3rd.net
|Hitzone||Cut. D.||Imp. D.||Shot D.|