|MHP3: Arzuros, Lagombi and Volvidon Theme|
Volvidons are medium-sized monsters, slightly larger than an Aptonoth. They are covered in a jointed hide of red armor plates, which are segmented around the midsection and allow the Volvidon to curl into a ball. The Volvidon will attack the hunter using its long tongue, strong limbs, paralytic saliva, foul smelling gas, and a ricochet-jump.
At the first sight of trouble the large Pelagus will roll up and if possible quickly roll away, but if cornered Volvidon can be surprisingly aggressive.
Volvidon is found in the Sandy Plains and the Volcano. However, surprisingly Volvidon are seen inhabiting the cool temperate Deserted Island as well when first thought to only inhabit areas with intense and extreme heat.
Monster Hunter Portable 3rd
Information is taken from mhp3rd.net
|Hitzone||Cut. D.||Imp. D.||Shot D.|
- When Volvidon is low on stamina it will fail to spit paralyzing fluid and to attack with its tongue.
- It will also fall over when attempting to roll.
- To recover Stamina, Volvidon will prey on Altaroth or Bnahabra; it uses its tongue to pluck them from their nests.
- The tough shell on Volvidon back can be broken.
- Ironically, it's tongue can be attacked when it uses it's Tongue Paralyze attack.
- Volvidon's Bouncing Jump attack can be blocked if the player guards against it if they are absolutely not hitting the player directly from above.
- If the player manages to hit the Volvidon while it is rolling, its roll will be interrupted and the Volvidon will fall back and remain motionless on the ground for a few seconds. This leaves it exposed and vulnerable. Monsters can do this to Volvidon as well.
- If the player is ranged and manages to hit Volvidon enough while it's doing it's Bouncing Jump, it'll fall back to the ground, and remain motionless for a few seconds.
- Just like Lagombi, Volvidon will leave an area when almost dead by limping, not rolling.
- Volvidon gains two new attack moves at G-Rank. One is an "all-in" tongue attack, the other a jump'n'roll move.