Volvidon is a medium-sized monster, slightly larger than an Aptonoth. It is covered in a series of red armor plates, which are segmented around the midsection and allow the Volvidon to curl into a ball. It possesses an extremely long, chameleon-like tongue which is covered in sticky saliva.
It is capable of spitting out a paralyzing liquid and inflicts Soiling using a foul odor. Being a Fanged Beast, the Volvidon uses attacks similar to those of Arzuros and Lagombi. It is known to pull prey and foes toward its mouth using its long tongue. In addition to aiding transportation, its ability to roll up into a ball allows it to crush foes during combat.
It will typically avoid trouble, but if cornered, Volvidon can be surprisingly aggressive. It is an insectivore which uses its long, sticky tongue to feed on Neopterons.
Other Non-Subspecies Forms
Main Article: Christmas Volvidon
A Variant of Volvidon that appears in Monster Hunter Explore.
The name Volvidon is derived from the word "revolve", with the "-idon" suffix added by the localization team to give the name a dinosaur-esque feel.
Monster Hunter Portable 3rd
Information is taken from mhp3rd.net
|Hitzone||Cut. D.||Imp. D.||Shot D.|
|MHP3rd/MH3U/MHX: Arzuros, Lagombi and Volvidon Theme|
MHGen Breakable Parts
- When Volvidon is low on stamina it will fail to spit paralyzing fluid and to attack with its tongue.
- It will also fall over when attempting to roll.
- To recover Stamina, Volvidon will prey on Altaroth or Bnahabra; it uses its tongue to pluck them from their nests.
- The tough shell on Volvidon back can be broken.
- Ironically, it's tongue can be attacked when it uses it's Tongue Paralyze attack.
- Volvidon's Bouncing Jump attack can be blocked if the player guards against it if they are absolutely not hitting the player directly from above.
- If the player manages to hit the Volvidon while it is rolling, its roll will be interrupted and the Volvidon will fall back and remain motionless on the ground for a few seconds. This leaves it exposed and vulnerable. Monsters can do this to Volvidon as well.
- If the player is ranged and manages to hit Volvidon enough while it's doing it's Bouncing Jump, it'll fall back to the ground, and remain motionless for a few seconds.
- Just like Lagombi, Volvidon will leave an area when almost dead by limping, not rolling.
- Volvidon gains two new attack moves at G-Rank. One is an "all-in" tongue attack, the other a jump'n'roll move.