The Alpha male-Netsuga
If Zinogre is the wolf then this badass is the Lion!
Why: Zinogre looked lonely being the only Fanged Wyvern, so I decided to have a go myself, give it some company.
Colouration: Fur on the underside of the neck, chest, on the back and running along the tail are a perfect white, all other fur is a crimson red, all scales are bronze, with the forearms being a dirty gold, the elbow spikes and bony plates running along its body are all all a bronze/ charcoal colour. The lower jaw of the head is a slightly better gold.
Rage mode: All white fur stands on end, neck spines and all bony plates stick up, body glows a faint white, elbow spikes let out fire from the spiked vents, random bits of fire start dancing around it, the fire does not hurt. When in rage certain attacks become fire based, increasing range and causing fire blight.
- Head: Deep lacerations, chin spikes are broken off.
- Mane: A few dorsal spines are broken, fur is ruffed up.
- Elbow spikes: the spikes fall off, can be carved, decreases range of fire attacks.
- Claws: A few are missing.
- Tail: Can be cut and carved
Attacks given fire damage in rage have an (R) next to them:
|Bite||Moves head back slightly then moves whole body forward and bites.||When hunter is in front of it||Low|
|360 degree bite(R)||Turns head to side, head moves down low and does an uppercut bite whilst turning||Sometimes||Low.|
|Ground smash(R)||Stands on hind legs, slams arms down on the ground, causes shockwave||When in front of it||Medium.|
|180 degree swipe||Lifts left/right paw up and swings it whilst the body turns 180 degrees||Sometimes||low.|
|180 degree tail swipe||Raises tail in the air, swings tail around 180 degrees, body turns slightly||When by its side or behind it.||Medium|
|Tail slam||Swings tail round so it faces the hunter, then brings it down, causes shockwave||sometimes||Tail swing Low. Tail slam High.|
|Side slam(R)||Steps afew paces back, then turns body so its side faces the hunter and lunges sideways, may fall over if hungry.||sometimes||High|
|Forward bite to backflip (R)||Does a bite attack, then backflips, either hitting the hunter with; its bite, tail or the slam, causes shokwave||sometimes||Bite low.Tail swing medium. Tail slam high.|
|Triple lunge||Reels back lunges at the hunter, if lunge does not hit hunter, it will instantly recover and lunge again, a total of 3 can be performed, designed to chase the hunter||rarely||Lunge Medium. Ground slam High.|
|Combustion blast||Moves head back then throws it forward roaring, heat distortion appears, explosion ensures in the given area. Explosion size of 2 large barrel bombs||sometimes||High.|
|Random blast||Moves head back then throws it forward roaring, larger area affected by heat distortion, random section explodes.Explosion size of 2 large barrel bombs.||sometimes||High|
|Fire curtain||Stands on hind legs, louder roar, heat distortion in front of it, wave of fire emits, moving forward.||Only in rage||Very high|
|Heat wave||Roars, whole area affected by heat distortion, random explosions constantly, lasts for 30 seconds, hunters becomes fatigue regardless of armour ability or items used.||Only in rage||Very high|
|Territorial roar||Lifts head up high and roars, causes earplug, when going into rage large explosion all around it emits.||sometimes||Medium|
The minions:The Netsu family:
- They act like a lion pride, so the females (Ignetsuba) are generally in the areas surrounding the alpha male Netsuga, as with real lions, it is the females job to hunt, though this does make them the more powerful minion, being capable of using combustion attacks, along with rapid leaping about.
- The young males (Netsugama) are all destined to go into the Netsuga, but at this point they are the weaker of the minions, as they are incapable of combustion attacks, but do generally stay in the same area as the alpha male Netsuga.
- A Netsuga pride will dwell in the volcanic zone, they are large in numbers and are fully capable of tackling the dangerous creatures of the volcanic belt, though they are fire element monsters much like every volcanic dwelling predator, they use their combustion abilities to topple them, most notably the Uragaan and the Gravios (Check my revamp), to expose their vulnerable bellies that in turn can also be blown open.
- If a Netsuga lives in the desert then it does not have a pride, whether it has gone rogue or simply been kicked out, the Netsuga chooses the desert as its home, as it retains the heat they require to live, but also the amount of super predators are generally less, making for a much safer life, if Netsugama or Ignetsuba are spotted in the desert it is most likely that their pride leader has been killed in the volcanic belt, leaving the scattered pride to retreat to the desert.
Attacks: If they can only be performed by the females; (F) will be at the end, if only by the males; (M), if both can perform it then an (M/F):
|Bite||Moves head back slightly then moves whole body forward and bites.(M/F)||When hunter is in front of it||Low|
|Ground smash||Stands on hind legs, slams arms down on the ground, causes shockwave. (M/F)||When in front of it||Low+|
|180 degree swipe||Lifts left/right paw up and swings it whilst the body turns 180 degrees. (M/F)||Sometimes||Low.|
|Lunge||Reels back lunges at the hunter. (F)||sometimes||Medium.|
|Combustion blast||Moves head back then throws it forward roaring, heat distortion appears, explosion ensures in the given area. size of Kut-Ku blast.(F)||sometimes||Medium+|
|Territorial roar||Lifts head up high and roars, causes low grade earplug (M)||sometimes||None|
The Netsuga is only a little stronger than the Zinogre, it is an online only monster, not because it is OTT powerful, but because of its minions, this monster draws on the Kamu and Nono Orugarons attack patterns, they hunt as a pack, so whilst the hunter may be fighting the Netsuga, some Ignetsuba may start circling the fight ready to lunge in on the Netsuga's signal. Each female: Ignetsuba is as strong as a Great Jaggi and will often attack in pairs, whilst the Netsugama has only 3 quatres the health of a Great Jaggi, this amount of strength means certain quests would be dedicated to taking the minions out only.
Armour and Weapons