These are my notes from various monster fights. Eventually I'll use them in my guides, but writing those takes time. This way I won't forget.
- Dodging while sprinting will have your character jump into the air, gaining immunity during that time (even from charges and elemental attacks).
- The whole "standung under the monster's shadow to avoid its attacks" thing? Myth. Standing behind the target area works, but is hard to do if you cannot look straight up at the monster. However, there are telltale signs that will help you figure out when to dodge.
- Getting parts from insects (particularly those that EXPLODE as
soon as you look at them the wrong way) can be a hassle - unless
you know the proper way to kill them.
- Easy mode: Use poison smoke bom…
Read more >
This blog is a series of notes about the weapons in MH3, what their strengths and weaknesses are, and tips on how to use them effectively. The idea came to me as a result of submitting a number of monster guides; I noticed that there were certain characteristics of each weapon that I kept drawing upon, so I want to collect all that information in one place. Suggestions/additions are welcome.
- Many weapon attacks will leave you prone. However, you can avoid this by dodge-rolling immediately after the attack. You can then sheathe the weapon immediately after dodging.
- Be aware of how your weapon affects fellow players. Be considerate, and be smart. Most of the time you don't want to knock people around. The one exception is to save them…
Read more >