Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The following list below is a list Ecological and Lore Info of some monsters in the Monster Hunter Series along with info on the series' lore. These are official data that are taken from Capcom's "Hunter's Encyclopedia 1", "Hunter's Encyclopedia 2", "Hunter's Encyclopedia G", "Hunter's Encyclopedia 3", "Hunter's Encyclopedia 4", "Nintendo Dream", "Monster Hunter Festa", "Monster Hunter", "Monster Hunter 2", "Monster Hunter Freedom Unite", "Monster Hunter 3", "Monster Hunter Portable 3rd", "Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate", "Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate", "Monster Hunter Generations", "Monster Hunter Online", and "Monster Hunter Frontier G".
- Most of this info comes from both in-game, official books, magazine issues, and articles taken from Capcom.
- Subspecies and Rare Species are included with the Normal Species.
- Do note there are some exceptions to this.
- Newer monsters aren't included on here until later due to some info on their items not being released until later.
- Some older monsters aren't on here due to not being researched as of yet.
- This page also contains other info not really containing to the monsters.
Carapaceons (Japanese 甲殻種) are crustacean-like monsters that have hard shells and exoskeletons or crab-like bodies. Most of these Carapaceons resemble crabs, lobsters or scorpions.
- Daimyo Hermitaur prefer areas with abundant water sources and wide open sands.
- They are omnivores and will feed on plants, insects, smaller animals etc. that are in the sand.
- Hermitaur even have a taste for humans.
- They use their claws to dig up food.
- When they are young, they wear organic shells on their backs but as they get older they wear monster skulls, those in particular belonging to the Blos Wyverns. The reason for this is because the Blo's skull is good to flick sand and rock while digging and, can be used as a weapon while fighting.
- Despite their size, they are pretty quick on their feet.
- Pearls form in the skull do to body fluids and sand after long periods of time.
- The claws of a Daimyo Hermitaur are very thick.
- Daimyo Hermitaur's claws become its enemy when it guards covers itself. The reason why is because it can't see while guarding itself and it makes it easier for monsters to grab it or roar at it shocking it and making it lose its balance. From this it makes it vulnerable to attacks.
- The HC Daimyo Hermitaur seem to be a mutation of sorts of the Daimyo Hermitaur.
- The Plum Daimyo Hermitaur is just a variant of the normal one. It changes color due to it feeding on unusual foods that discolor it.
- The Plum Daimyo Hermitaur is a lot more aggressive than a normal Daimyo, the most likely reason why is because of its color.
- Its armor is described sometimes to be both weaker and stronger than a normal Daimyo's, in some cases.
- Despite its color, it still has a strong fire and heat resistance but its extremely sensitive to the cold.
- Shogun Ceanataur are highly adaptable creatures and are believed to be able to survive in areas that Daimyo Hermitaur can. Despite this they are found in harsher environments.
- They prefer areas with dark caves like the Swamps.
- Shogun Ceanataur are pretty quite and prefer to keep to themselves but when threaten they turn into killers.
- The sickles stay hidden until its angered and it feels it needs to use them.
- Shogun Ceanataur lack the defense of Daimyo Hermitaur but make up for by having a good offense and weapons. From this lighter armor, it seems they are faster than your normal Daimyo Hermitaur.
- The water it shoots from its skull is actually urine.
- Secretly, some hunters are sent to hunt them due to their meat being a favorite food for some people but finding hunters willing to get their meat is hard.
- As they get older, their venom glands lose their function and most don't even use them anymore but some individuals have been found using them.
- Just like the Plum Daimyo Hermitaur, the Terra Shogun Ceanataur is a Shogun Ceanataur that has been feeding on unusual foods that changed its color to this magma red.
- Terra Shogun Ceanataur will always look for a Monster Skull instead of a strange shell, possibly due to their color. They are usually found wearing Black Gravios Skulls but will wear other types of skulls.
- A Terra Shogun Ceanataur's armor is harder than a normal Shogun Ceanataur's but is sometimes described to be weak in some ways.
- Shen Gaoren is the largest known Carapaceon found thus far.
- Shen Gaoren's power and strength is comparable to that of large Elder Dragons from it being able to destroy whole cities and villages.
- Its thick shell is comparable to metal and is tougher than metal.
- Shen Gaoren wander from area to area and it has a large territory spreading pretty far.
- Some even have territories near some cities like Mezeporta and Dundorma.
- Its true ecology is a mystery, even to the Guild.
- Shen Gaoren destroys villages and cities because their in its territory and it does this with all sorts of threats that pose some type of danger to it.
- The green goo it shoots from the Lao-Shan Lung's skull is an acidic liquid that comes from its body. This acid can corrode armor or even dissolve right through it rather quickly.
- Its been suggested that Shen Gaoren can live a long time.
- Shen Gaoren can destroy the forts, cities, and villages in a manner of minutes.
- The Lao-Shan Lung's Skull, can only really be broken or severely damaged from the skull being hard to break.
- In the Lao's skull, there seems to be signs of the Dragon Element, most likely from Lao.
- During the time the Guild were still researching the Tide Island, the Guild were exploring the surface of the Tide Island and were about to begin to explore the caves of the Tide Island. At about this time, they were side tracked by the recent Abiorugu invasion in the Old World, delaying the exploration of the Tide Island caves. Sometime later the exploration was put back on track and they than discovered one of the inhabitants of those caves, Taikun Zamuza.
- It gets the title, Multi-Shell Crab, because it has multiple layers of shell for protection.
- Taikun Zamuza have a special relationship with a mushroom found in the Tide Island caves. These mushrooms help attach dirt and rocks to the Taikun Zamuza's outer shell from Taikun Zamuza absorbing the mushrooms and covering its outer shell with rocks and dirt, making it blend into the caves. Some of the mushrooms can be seen in the dirt and when attacked, the mushrooms will shoot out spores into the atmosphere to blind attackers for both offense and defense. In return, the Taikun Zamuza transports the mushrooms to other parts of the caves, allowing them to grow and spread in other parts of the caves. The longer the mushrooms are on a Taikun Zamuza, the harder they are to get off the Taikun Zamuza.
- The larger claw is used like a shield as it attacks but its smaller claw is used like a weapon when its clear and free to attack.
- Due to the rocks and dirt being on the Taikun Zamuza's body, it moves very slow but the moment it starts to break off its shell, Taikun Zamuza's speed increases and its able to put more power into its physical attacks. Due to the floor in some of the caves being weak, Taikun Zamuza can accidentally cause a the cave to collapse with its physical attacks now and use the environment to its advantage.
- Some Taikun Zamuza that hunters have faced would just die in their orange armor from hunters but some hunters have encountered Taikun Zamuza in their true form.
- Taikun Zamuza in reality are smaller than they appear. They lack a tail, are blue in color, and use the Thunder Element. The dirt and shell covering them is used only for mimicry and protection but can be broken with enough damage plus force from a fall.
- Its larger claw is actually drill-like and used for drilling through the ground while also cutting through rocks.
- Its said that the claw is as long as a Shogun Ceanataur's claw.
- Its smaller claw is thinner and sharp. Its used to cut through things.
- The true shell is thin and a nice pale with high flexibility.
- When all of its armor is taken off and its left in its true form, it will become aggressive to a point where it doesn't depend on defense anymore but more about attacks as a last resort to survive from threats.
- Taikun Zamuza was based on the Fiddler Crabs for its concept.
Akura Vashimu and Akura Jebia
- Akura Vashimu are a species of Carapaceon that was thought to have had a major decline in the Desert. Recently, however, outbreaks of Akura Vashimu have been happening in areas like the Desert and Swamp.
- From the recent discovery of the Temnoceran class, many fans believe that Akura Vashimu could be a part of this class. However, it hasn’t exactly been confirmed what makes the Temnoceran different from Carapaceon so it’s still unclear what exactly makes the Temnoceran unique.
- Akura Vashimu only have six limbs like other Carapaceon, two pincers and four legs.
- Akura Vashimu have purple-blue crystals growing on their backs, claws, tails, and the same crystals form the shell of the monsters.
- Akura Vashimu are capable of spraying a liquid from their tails that when this liquid comes in contact with the air it hardens into the crystals found on their body. Akura Vashimu are able to regrow their tail crystals in a short period of time if they are damaged by predators as the liquid that forms the crystals freely drips from the tail tip. By coming in contact with the air, they can regenerate broken crystal parts with the liquid substance sprayed from their tail that dries into the crystals on their body. This same liquid can also be used against predators and prey alike. This liquid in high amounts can make creatures tire easily and even grow crystals on them before the crystals eventually explode when given enough time. These explosions are actually are quite large and can kill prey quite easily.
- Often after repairs are marks of areas that were repaired by the Akura Vashimu which overlap each other.
- The liquid can be adjusted so Akura Vashimu can live in a wide range of areas from cold northern Boreal Forests to the south Desert were they are now increasing in numbers.
- To ambush prey, Akura Vashimu will only have their crystal tail exposed to either attract prey or fool prey into walking near them before ambushing prey by smashing them with their tail.
- When attacked and damaged Akura Vashimu blood is known to change colors in attempt to scare away threats. Once dead the blood will stop changing color. The blood is colorless and is in high demand to be used as color dye.
- The blood is nutrient rich and seemingly nourishes the liquids it uses.
- It’s risky taking a drink of the Akura Vashimu’s liquids due to it in some causes paralyzing the drinker, having deadly chemicals inside it, or even exploding.
- When the crystals on Akura Vashimu's tail are removed it is able to attack with a paralyzing venom before the crystals grow back.
- Some Akura Vashimu are able to release the paralyzing venom around their tail, even with the crystals on their tail.
- The jaws are known to be extremely powerful though they only get used for eating it. These mandibles are strong enough to crush and eat ore.
- An Akura Vashimu’s pincers are as sharp as a Shogun Ceanataur’s claws.
- The crystals of Akura Vashimu appear to explode when removed from the body source.
- The hairs under Akura Vashimu contain toxins.
- The HC Akura Vashimu seems to be an old individual.
- Akura Jebia are a subspecies of Akura Vashimu.
- Akura Jebia look almost identical to Akura Vashimu and even have a similar ecology to Akura Vashimu though both species have some differences. Akura Jebia are known for having sharper crystals and white crystals.
- In the Swamp, Akura Jebia live in the caves of the Swamp due to its crystals matching the ones found in caves. It uses this to its advantage in order to ambush prey.
- Akura Jebia interestingly can be found in all the same areas as Akura Vashimu.
- Akura Jebia are known for being more aggressive and wild in battle, unlike Akura Vashimu, making them more dangerous.
- Akura Jebia are known to throw their crystals at enemies from a distance in order to protect themselves.
- Unlike Akura Vashimu, Akura Jebia can actually still grow their crystals on their tail, even after their tail has been cut off. When the tail is cut off Akura Jebia will secrete a crystal liquid to stop itself from bleeding from its tail. These crystals are actually blood colts.
- The HC Akura Jebia seems to be an old individual.
- Baelidae were first discovered when hunters went exploring the Hermit Forest. In one of the mountains, they found a huge silky thread with multiple cocoons that had large prey in them.
- Despite the discovery of the web, people rarely get to see this species from them being hidden in the mountain’s caves most of the time.
- Despite the class Baelidae is in, some researchers say that this class isn’t completely confirmed.
- Baelidae are worshipped as gods.
- Their huge claws tear prey apart and cut it into pieces, making feeding easer. These claws can even act as a shield against attacks.
- Baelidae silk is produced in their fangs and abdomen. This silk is used to capture prey and to swing across caves with great ease.
- Baelidae are aggressive hunters that will attack anything in their territory.
- Baelidae Subspecies is believed to either be a subspecies of Baelidae, a Baelidae during mating season, or some more blood thirsty than usual Baelidae.
- Unlike Baelidae, it can actually add two different toxins into its silk, making its already strong silk deadly. These toxins can either sap away the prey's strength or even paralyze prey in its tracks. Their pincers are can rip the very ground with their sheer force.
- With the silk combined with their deadly toxins, Baelidae Subspecies has a better success rate at capturing prey than their cousin.
- The Baelidae Subspecies’ pincers are can rip the very ground with their sheer force.
Snake Wyverns (Japanese 蛇竜種) are a class of monster first introduced in Monster Hunter 4. These monsters are known for their serpentine features, such as long, coiling bodies and forked tongues. They can range dramatically in both size and overall body structure, with some members being large, serpent-like land-dwellers, while others are smaller and more reminiscent of Flying Wyverns.
- Remobra were first classified as Flying Wyverns only because they could fly but were later on put into the Snake Wyvern class after being reviewed by the Guild in Barubare.
- Remobra are longer than Yian Kut-Kus in length.
- The main habitat of Remobra are the Heavenly Mountains in Shiki Country but they are highly adaptable and can be found in a multitude of areas like a few towns, around Fonron, and the Towers.
- Remobra aren't much of a threat alone but can be a major threat in large numbers. It's said if their in large numbers, this most likely means a disater isn't to far away. That is way they are sometimes called the Envy of Diaster/Messenger of Disaters.
- The reason they spend most of their time in the air is because their legs have poor strength and it's hard for them to get back in the air from this.
- Remobra have good hearing and make a rattle noise from their tail.
- Remobra are scavengers mostly and will readily eat carrion. They will also attack weak/sick monsters if hunting for prey, including their own kind. They'll poison prey and use their talons to weaken prey and, wait for them to die from bleeding.
- They can be found with Elder Dragons and in Cities along with Towns, huge numbers of Remobra can be found flying in the sky around those settlements, telling people that an Elder Dragon is near.
- People actually eat Remobra Ribs and is said to not be blessed.
- They maybe bad but some people find their material to be a good luck charm.
- In some regions, there are subspecies of Remobra.
- Their hide is a glossy, shiny black.
- Najarala's length exceeds most of the known Leviathans.
- Najarala is the very first Snake Wyvern discovered by the Guild and this class was made after it was discovered by the Guild. Its skeleton and overall build is different from other known monster classifications.
- The Guild have actually known about its exist since ancient times and has become quite a spectacle for hunters.
- Its also been known from many decorations resident in Val Habar Region use its material for, including its armor to get rid of and repel evil spirits.
- The rattles on its neck vibrate the air and generates special sound/acoustic waves. These waves have the power to damage and attack prey from a distance.
- These rattles also make its roar louder than it would really be.
- Najarala uses its rattle to stun/knock out prey with its deadly loud sound/acoustic waves before wrapping around prey, squeezing it to death.
- Najarala prefer to ambush prey by any means.
- This is the reason why it gets the title Squeezing Snake Wyvern.
- Najarala's beak is used to rip chunks of flesh from its prey.
- If faced with larger more dangerous enemies, it will use its neurotoxic venom to paralysis them and use its rattling as a weapon against them. If that threat is paralyzed/tries to escape, it will use its tail pull them in before wrapping around them.
- Its bone marrow even contains neurotoxins.
- Tidal Najarala is a true subspecies of Najarala.
- Its larger than the other Najarala Species.
- Tidal Najarala has evolved colors to help camouflage itself in the Frozen Seaway and its said to live in other cold areas.
- Tidal Najarala have also been seen living in some areas with mild temperatures such as the Unknown Great Forest. The Guild have sent hunters to research them in these areas.
- Tidal Najarala are rarer than other species due to them spending most of their time in and underwater. From spending most of there time, it can spit water from its mouth to attack prey and uses the plates on its tail to reflect water in all sorts of directions. They have great accuracy with this and can home on to prey, delivering a dead on blow.
- From this new found love of water, the Guild call it the Water Snake Wyvern.
- Just like Najarala, it has neurotoxic venom in its fangs.
- Tidal Najarala is a lot more cunning and smarter than Najarala.
- Tidal Najarala's shell, plates, beak, and legs are tougher than that of the Najarala's due to it living in harsher environments.
- Rumors have been going around in the Guild that there are Tidal Najarala that come in a wide variety of colors in certain parts of the Frozen Seaway.
Brute Wyverns (Japanese 獣竜種) are a class of monsters first introduced in the third generation. These monsters are typically large, bipedal theropod creatures, that are prone to living in areas abundant in food sources. Brute Wyverns exhibit a wide variety of dietary habits; some are strictly herbivorous or carnivorous, while others subsist on insects or even minerals. These monsters often use their heavy, muscular bodies to charge blindly through an environment to damage attackers or prey, and include many defensive adaptations, including tail clubs, horns, and even hammer-like chins and fists. Like most classes, Brute Wyverns can be found in almost any type of environment.
- Barroth is a Brute Wyvern found living in the Sandy Plains.
- Like other Brute Wyverns, its physique is similar to the Flying Wyverns.
- Barroth feed on Altaroth and other insects.
- Gets the title, Landslide Wyvern, from its behavior of using mud.
- The territories of Barroth are usually bogs or oases. In their territory, they are usually hidden under the mud.
- The crown of Barroth is its nostrils. While under the mud, it just uses the crown to breath like a tube. When angered, it is known to breath harder, making it seem like steam is coming out of its crown.
- This crown is extremely tough, making it hard for most cutting weapons to even cut into it, though blunt weapons have proven to be quite effective against Barroth.
- The fertile mud keeps the Barroth cool, from the intense heat of the desert, and also protects it from parasites. From this mud, it protects it from taking fire damage but water can wash the mud off easily.
- The front limbs of Barroth are mostly useless for fighting. So the limbs are used for helping it dig.
- Barroth have bad attitudes, like most Brute Wyverns. Its known to hate having its bog crowded by a bunch of creatures, it especially hates when another large monster enters its territory. If a large monster is in its territory, it will face the threat and fight it, either killing or injuring the threat.
- Barroth have even been seen fighting and defeating Rathian.
- Generally, it uses its brute force and speed to attack threats. It will also shake mud off its body.
- Its been proven that a Barroth's charge can destroy whole ant hills in just one charge or even send large objects in the air such as boulders and Great Jaggi.
- During the mating season, male Barroth will head-butt each other in order to keep or gain a larger territory, so they can mate with female Barroth. The larger the bog or oases, the more female Barroth that will go into it. Male Barroth must also use their crown to attract mates and keep the mud well adhered on their body. If any mud or dirt is in their crown, they will rub their head on the ground.
- Male Barroth have larger head crowns than female Barroth.
- Female Barroth will lay up to ten or more eggs. It is unknown what the birthing method and the birthing grounds of the Barroth is of wild Barroth.
- Young Barroth will not leave the bog or oasis until they grow a bit more. While growing, they will feed on insects around the area.
- The tail of Barroth is a favorite dish.
- The shell of a Barroth is always covered in mud, always hard either way with or without mud on it. The cortex has multiple layers of mud from many years, making the shell very hard.
- The fertile mud from Barroth is good for crops.
- During hotter months in the Sandy Plains, Barroth are known to move to the cooler Deserted Island.
- Jade Barroth is a Subspecies of Barroth.
- It has a larger crown than its desert cousins.
- It gets the title, Ice Crushing Wyvern, from its head being able to crack the frozen ice.
- Like Barroth, it feeds on insects and Neopterons such as Bnahabra.
- Unlike Barroth, Jade Barroth wears ice and snow on its body by secreting a special mucus known as Frozen Glob. It solidifies once mixed with snow or ice. This mucus can be produced around the tail of some Jade Barroth, covering potential threats in freezing ice.
- Jade Barroth is considered to be a living avalanche from how fast it can run.
- Jade Barroth are seemingly smarter than Barroth yet also more aggressive. They've been seen to charge more wildly, send snowballs flying at threats in front of them, and even cracking the very ground with their crowns.
- Just like Barroth, Jade Barroth's tail is a favorite dish.
- The claws of Jade Barroth can cause frostbite with just a touch. With some older Jade Barroth, the claws can actually cause severe pain to them as well.
- The Jade Barroth's cortex is just profound.
- Uragaan doesn't just use its chin like a hammer but they also use it like a shovel to dig underground and possibly to pick up ore. The chin has evolved to crush ore, rocks, and other minerals and to break them off walls or other objects. They also use their chins against threats and to fight for territory.
- To try to scare of threats, it'll roar and smash its chin multiple times.
- Besides their tail, their chin help them keep balance.
- When they are young, they are herbivores and as they get older, they switch to eating ore.
- To keep cool, they will release the gas from their body as both a means of keeping cool and for defense. When enraged, the gas is hotter and changes to a flammable gas.
- Uragaan usually rest in or on top of brown liquid oil. As a result, their tails and stomachs are usually covered in it. The oil bonds Uragaan's body with rocks, which can act as a protection against degradation of its own shell when rolling. The rocks it carries can either be used later as food or thrown as a weapon when they feel threatened.
- It is difficult to determine a Uragaan's sex from appearance alone. However, during breeding seasons, the males will dress itself with many rocks to impress the females. Diet during this season consists of high quality minerals and valuable jewels to obtain a hard, glossy, golden shell and jewel covered body. The males compete for the brightest display.
- The Steel Uragaan is a subspecies of Uragaan.
- Its feeding habits are different from the other Uragaan Species and it feeds on sulfide minerals. The gas in the minerals give it its strong smell and this smell even effects the explosive rocks its throws, giving them both explosive and smelly effects.
- The gas has affected its color, giving it that blue color, from oxygen and that gas.
- Steel Uragaan are confirmed to live and form herds. Steel Uragaan do this so they can secure an area for its ore deposits and other foods.
- These herds can cause large amounts of quakes, making a number of problems for villages.
- The Steel Uragaan's chin is said to hold large amounts of heat. By slamming its chin, its able to maintain the heat in its body.
- Its sleeping gas comes from remains of food its eaten.
- The Steel Uragaan's scales have higher strengths from their chemical change.
- Their able to withstand the heat of lava and protect their internal organs with their heat-resistant shell.
- The rubies found on Uragaans are actually special ore.
- Deviljho may start the Brute Wyvern Path kind how Tigrex starts the Flying Wyvern Path.
- Deviljho has a huge appetite and eats Bird Wyverns, Herbivores, and even some large predatory monsters.
- From their high body temperature, they burn energy relatively quickly and need to constantly feed to keep their energy up.
- In Val Habar's Region, Deviljho have actually been reported to attack some Elder Dragons and even Rajangs.
- From Deviljho constantly needing to feed, the Guild sometimes sends hunters to slay them when populations of some monsters begin to decrease quickly in some areas.
- There have been sightings of Deviljho without battle scars on them but it is extremely rare to see.
- Their jaws aren't just used for eating but also used to dig underground.
- Deviljho have been sighted in all corners of the MH World.
- It can take a few months for a Deviljho to become sexually mature.
- Savage Deviljho are abnormally old Jhos that's hunger and rage has fused together. Some have even gone a long time starving without food.
- Part of the Savage Deviljho's nature has to do with it killing and eating other Deviljho multiple times in the past along with rage and hunger.
- Savage Deviljho are said to barely have any control over their Dragon Element. This element has also changed their blood to an unusual colors. Its confirmed that the dragon aura around a Savage Deviljho's face is the dragon energy from other Deviljho it has cannibalized.
- Unlike the normal Deviljho, Savage Deviljho don't care what they have to go through in order to get a meal, even if it means they have to attack a large monster they wouldn't usually attack.
- All sorts of things have been found inside a Deviljho's stomach.
- Their salvia is highly acidic, can dissolve through armor, and the hard-shell of some monsters.
- A Deviljho has slime on the surface of its skin.
- Savage's black skin color is caused by the Black Blood.
- Deviljho will secrete a special hormone in order to tell other Deviljho that they aren't in predator mode to avoid attacking each other.
- Duramboros get the title, Hammer Tail Wyvern, from obviously their tail.
- When Duramboros are sleeping or just lying down, they can easily be mistaken for a large mound or hill.
- Trees are Duramaboros' staple diet along with fallen trees. They use their tail to knock down trees and is the reason why they evolved this tail, to knock down huge trees. Most fallen trees found in areas are actually caused by Duramboros. They also use their tail for defense against threats and will use their tail in more ways to help them fight threats such as that spin and to fly towards threats. The only downside to this is that after doing some of those attacks, they become highly vulnerable to a counter attack from threats.
- As the Dumramboros grow, the new tail shell moves outward and pushes the old away.
- Duramboros are very territorial to a point where if anything carelessly approaches them, they will attack and possibly even kill that creature without warning. Its actually a lot more aggressive than most other predatory Brute Wyverns.
- Its shell is incomparably thick and cannot be damaged by ordinary monsters. On its shell are moss and mushrooms which grow on it. Its theorized that they use this to retain moisture and warmth but the moss actually serves as a shock absorber for older Duramboros. The mushrooms and moss are also said to serve as food if they aren't able to find any food.
- Their humps store nutrients and fat in their humps, which they can burn a lot of when enraged so they can move faster and attack more violently.
- Duramboros' horns are wider than a man's chest. These horns are used to intimidate and to charge at threats.
- Duramboros are oviparous so they lay eggs. Female Duramboros live in herds and guard the nests from predators. Male Duramboros live alone and while young, males live alone not to far away from the herd as they grow up.
- Interestingly, most of the Duramboros we hunt are almost always male.
- During the winter, Duramboros dig underground to hibernate and use their humps to survive through it. Its said during the fall, Duramboros are pretty much eating as much as they can to survive the winter, including some man-made objects made of wood.
- The mushrooms and humps from Duramboros are a delicacy to hunters though the Guild rarely get request to hunt them for that reason.
- Due to constant pounding its tailbone has worn into a spherical shape.
- Rust Duramboros are a Subspecies of Duramboros and are the largest known Brute Wyverns.
- Rust Duramaboros are a lot more aggressive than typical Duramboros and can even take on Diablos in heat, including Black Diablos.
- Sand and ore doesn't completely change its color to its arid look, a lot of it also comes from the blood of monsters that attacked it and ended up dying from it. So yeah, Rust Duramboros is basically covered in the blood of monsters that attempted to hunt or kill it but failed to before being killed by Rust Duramboros. They will even kill some harmless herbivores.
- The copper-stained moss on Rust Duramboros can weaken an opponent's attacks.
- Its Axe-like Tail is used to knock sand at threats and is more so a weapon instead of a tool.
- Many Rust Duramboros have been seen with different colorations. Its believed the different colors might be due to them living in different terrains or areas of the Sandy Plains.
Abiorugu and Giaorugu
- Abiorugu very recently came to the Old World and are an invasive species found in the Old World.
- Its suggested that Abiorugus are still changing in some areas.
- Abiorugu's ancestor is believed to be Giaorugu.
- They are first known Brute Wyverns to be found in the Old World.
- Abiorugu have attacked a lot of people and some researchers that have tried to study them have never come back.
- They will attack and eat almost anything.
- It will never stop attacking a threat until either their dead or its dead.
- Its main weapons are its tail and its jaws with its sharp fangs.
- They have a lot of muscles in their legs and can pounce at prey from far distances like Brachydios.
- The bone plates on their back are used to both keep them warm and keep them cool. It can both take in heat and release heat from them. When enraged, muscles will raise themselves and the plates will turn red from the expansion of blood vessels. They aren't intended to show off, they are used to increase its power and its performance in battle. They also vary depending on its mood in battle. From increased blood flow, some parts of its body become weaker to attacks, especially its legs.
- It will constantly drool digestive juices with high acidity to possibly take on hard-armored prey.
- Abiorugu mostly hunt at day but will occasionally hunt at night for sleeping prey.
- They are extremely adaptable and can be found all sorts of different areas though still no reports of them in hotter environments like the Volcano or Desert.
- Their scales are very strong and very robust.
- The bones of Abiorugu have high durability.
- Its fangs are strong but rip apart and slaughter prey.
- Its tail can potentially slice prey in half with a powerful enough slam.
- An Abiorugu's blood is said to be scarlet in color and sometimes called Hot Blood.
- Giaorugu actually comes from the New World.
- Giaorugu can adapt to any environment like Abiorugu and can even eventually become Abiorugu but they can only be found in the Polar Sea.
- Similar to Anorupathisu, it hunts for prey with large amounts of fat to keep warm though their body temperature is higher than most other monsters in the Polar Sea.
- Its bone plates freeze due to its own blood freezing with air contact.
- Like Abiorugu, Giaorugu prefers to fight enemies at close range.
- From living in the Polar Sea, most of its attacks involve it using ice and snow.
- When it freezes its tail, the range of its tail is increased and it seems its own blood might be involved in making the ice.
- The Giaorugu's fangs can freeze the blood of prey, just by biting them.
- Its scales are extremely hard to even scratch.
- Giaorugu's skin is good for keeping heat in its body, making it perfectly adapted to survive the Polar Sea.
- Its frill is extremely tough, very difficult to gain, and not easy to make equipment out of.
- Glavenus is a recently discovered species of Brute Wyvern found living in the Jurassic Frontier.
- They've also be sighted in the volcanic regions and desert regions.
- It gets the title, Cutting Wyvern, from its huge blade-like tail.
- Glavenus is a predator that doesn't let its prey run away or escape easily.
- Similar to Brachydios, Glavenus is able to jump quite well and is agile.
- On the back of its legs are two claws used to support its weight as it lands.
- Inside Glavenus' body is a special fire sac different from other fire sacs. This fire sac allows Glavenus to hold fire in its throat, allowing it to burn prey with its powerful bites. This fire sac also allows Glavenus to breath some usual fiery projectiles at prey. These projectiles can explode on contact though can be left to detonate on their own, while on the ground.
- When this fire sac heats up greatly, Glavenus' spikes and some other parts will turn red as they smoke with heat.
- Glavenus' most unique feature is its blade-like tail. The blade-like tail is used in many ways by Glavenus such as keeping Glavenus' whole body balanced but its primary use is for attacking. This tail can cut prey in two with a single slash, crack the ground easily, and even block some attacks.
- Glavenus' tail is made up of many pyroclastic materials such as ore. By rubbing or dragging its tail on the ground violently, it actually heats up its tail greatly. While its tail is heated up, its tail swings send burst of fire and fiery explosions from its tail, making its already deadly tail more deadly. **While heated up, its tail can slice through prey like butter.
- Though its tail is more deadly while heated up, Glavenus' tail actually becomes dull more quickly. When a Glavenus' tail is heated or dull, the tail actually becomes more vulnerable to attacks from threats. To solve this problem, Glavenus has evolved a unique behavior. It will actually put its tail in its mouth, between four specially designed fangs, before slowly sharpening its blade-like tail. This restores the tail's sharpness and makes it brand new again, ready to be used in another battle.
- The hard shell covering Glavenus face protects its eyes from sparks as it sharpens.
- When Glavenus sharpens its tail, it is removing soot and ore from its tail and swallowing it. The swallowed soot and ore is accumulated into its special fire sac, where it changes to a semisolid form that is similar to boiling lava.
- To scare away potential threats, Glavenus will drag its tail on the ground and roar at the foe.
- By dragging its tail, it shows the threat that it uses fire as a weapon.
- Glavenus is considered to be one of the smartest known Brute Wyvern species to the Hunter's Guild. This is from its behavior and some of its characteristics.
- Like other Brute Wyverns, Glavenus is extremely aggressive.
- Glavenus is considered to be the strongest Brute Wyvern known from its dangerous, skilled fighting style.
- Glavenus concept was a Land-Based Rathalos.
- Glavenus is the leader of the Elite Four.
- It is nicknamed the Burning Blade from its heated tail.
- Its shell symbolizes its violent, fiery temper.
- Some shells from older Glavenus have battle scars.
- Rarely, a crimson-colored gem is produced inside its fire sac. This gem is said to contain the screams of burning souls.
- Its scales are fragile yet have good resistance against heat and fire.
- The tail can't be processed by craftsmen by any normal means.
- The fangs of older Glavenus is capable of cutting a hunter in two without even losing its sharpness.
- Glavenus: Glavenus' japanese name (Dinovaldo) is a combination of Dinosaur (恐竜), Nova (ノバ), and Halberd (ハルベルド).
- Incinerating Blade Glavenus is a giant among the Glavenus.
- It is said to be able to incinerate everything around it in the blink of an eye. From this, the Hunter's Guild consider Incinerating Blade Glavenus to be equal in destruction to Rajang and Deviljho.
- From it constantly sharpening its tail, Incinerating Blade Glavenus' appearance has changed. Its shell has become discolored from this along with its eyes, giving it this look like it is always in Rage Mode.
- Pieces of this shell is highly explosive if carelessly handled.
- Incinerating Blade Glavenus' fire sac is different from a normal Glavenus' fire sac. It not only produces fire but also a strange explosive powder.
- Not only fire is found in its mouth, portions of this explosive powder is found in it as well. Incinerating Blade Glavenus will not only add fire to its blade-like tail, as it sharpens it, but will also add this explosive powder. This gives its tail fiery heat and powerful explosive blast all in one strike.
- Though this is a powerful weapon, its tail is now more vulnerable, even when it sharpens it.
- With destructive power like this, Incinerating Blade Glavenus can both blow enemies sky high and incinerate them with explosive flames.
- This is how it got its burnt up name, Incinerating Blade.
- Incinerating Blade Glavenus' tail is longer than a normal Glavenus' tail.
- Its projectiles are said to be able to destroy rock.
- Incinerating Blade Glavenus' tail is said to be able to turn a whole mountain to ash.
- The shell and scales are highly explosive if not handled with care. If it explodes, it engulfs those in explosive fire.
- While the Ancient Forest was in development, the developers were working on a dinosaur-like monster to put into that area.
- In the middle of the development before the Ancient Forest, another concept was thought up, a Tail Blade (尻尾が剣).
- Eventually, fire was added to the concept of the tail plus the idea of a Fiery Tornado (火災旋風).
- To make Glavenus different from other monsters, the developers chose to give its tail three phases; Sharpened, Heated, and Dull.
- Its overall design was to give it the appearance of a glimmering flame.
The design of Glavenus's equipment was to give it a harsh look, unlike the Rathalos' equipment, with violent fire.
- Brachydios is a very recently discovered Brute Wyvern and the only known of the Forefoot Fist Wyverns.
- Some of the Brachydios' hide is made of Obsidian that melted on the shell and has combined with not just the shell but also the Slime Mold.
- Brachydios are primarily seen in Volcanoes but occasionally are seen in forests along with ice-covered areas.
- They've recently been seen in the Old World Volcanoes as well.
- Brachydios are known to steal territories from other large predatory monsters and even kill them to steal their territory.
- Brachydios are carnivorous and feed on many different types of herbivores.
- Brachydios also sometimes feed on ore.
- Brachydios' arms evolution is quite different from other known Wyvern species since they didn't evolve into wings or into feet. Everything such as its claws on its arms have degenerated and now is just a Pounder. The Brachydios' fist can't even cut through objects.
- Brachydios is considered to be the most agile known Brute Wyvern thus far and has a lot more strength in its legs than any other known Brute Wyvern.
- Its Slime Mold forms a special bond with them. Its horn holds a supply of it and this Mystery Slime or Glowing Slime is explosive and can be activated by Brachydios from something in its saliva and horn. It reacts to Brachydios when it becomes enraged and will explode on impact, spreading spores instantly. As it explodes, spores go into the air and land on to Brachydios, growing into the Slime Mold. This Slime Mold grows all over Brachydios' body.
- The Slime Mold is able to actually travel across the land instead of being stuck in one place.
- The Slime Mold on each Brachydios is different from the other and larger Brachydios are known to go on rampages from this mold constantly breeding for them.
- Its title, Crushing Wyvern, comes from the exploding slime mold.
- Young Brachydios live within the territory of their parents but the parents don't ever interact with their young. They gather the Slime Molds their parents leave behind though many of the young die from the explosions due to their shells being underdeveloped. Their shell will also melt from the explosions, which helps them pick up ore that makes their shell stronger and melts onto their shell.
- The bone marrow of a Brachydios is sticky.
- Its shell may contain weird bacteria so be careful!
- Older Brachydios' Pounders are made of iron.
- The tail also has explosive slime on it.
- When the Guild were looking through some ancient documents left behind in the past, they found a particular document that caught their eye. This document showed that Brachydios have been known about for a very long time while the Guild have only very recently discovered the Brachydios Species. This document also talked about some unusual Brachydios that were seen nicknamed the Raging Dual Arms. The Guild took part of this nickname and now call these individuals the Raging Brachydios.
- Its theorized that Raging Brachydios are Brachydios that have grown isolated in special environments.
- Usually, the slime mold is living in harmony with Brachydios. Both spreading spores and exploding at the same time but the slime mold remains dormant on a surface even after exploding. If something like crustal movement or eruptions happens than the long dormant slime mold becomes active again. This long dormant slime mold has accumulated power while being dormant and has massive explosive power. This special slime mold is used for sex appeal, showing off a Brachydios' strength. This slime mold is the reason why some Brachydios go to or visit the Lava Island. Powerful individuals that gain this new powerful explosive slime become Raging Brachydios and this slime mold seems to be related to the reason why those Brachydios get so big.
- It is a gamble to get this special slime mold due to it having the potential of killing the Brachydios easily. So it is limited to only a few strong Brachydios.
- This special slime mold is only able to breed in the Lava Island or other special environments so Raging Brachydios are only limited to those areas. This slime mold is different due to the higher temperatures and high pressures of the Lava Island. This is also the reason why Raging Brachydios' shell is a more greenish color, even without the slime on it.
- It is unknown and unanswered how they get to the Lava Island so fans theorize that they may travel distances to get there. Another theory is that they instinctively go there when they reach a set age.
- Unlike normal Brachydios, these extremely rare Brachydios are noticeably covered in the slime mold on some parts of their body such as the tail, head, and back.
- With normal individuals the slime mold on some parts aren't active due to whatever being in their salvia not activating the slime on it, however, the slime mold can be found all over a Brachydios' body.
- The Raging Brachydios' slime mold is known as Explosive Slime.
- The slime mold of a Critical Brachydios actually glows in pure darkness and reacts to impact taken from enemies by exploding over time.
- The Raging Brachydios noticeably has a unique organ known as a Immortal Core. This organ has a special relationship with the slime mold plus supposedly helps the Brachydios live longer. This organ is the reason why the slime mold is so active compared to normal Brachydios, making its attacks more powerful and making the slime mold breed more rapidly than before.
- The fist of a Raging Brachydios is called a Brach Destructive Fist. This fist allows it to perform violent attacks plus has a explosive radius beyond a Large Barrel Bomb.
- In ancient times, Gasurabazura's ancestors were aquatic in nature and lived in the White Lake. The area had many lakes and rivers before the long droughts began. Due to the droughts, Gasurabazura's ancestors eventually became a terrestrial species.
- The fins found on their body are remnants of their ancestors.
- Gasurabazura are usually quite quiet but this is false. Gasurabazura actually have a Savage Nature when angered. When greatly angered by a threat Gasurabazura will pump blood into its fins, arms, and tail, expanding those parts in size. To help pump blood into those areas of its body, Gasurabazura has powerful lungs that once aided its ancestors in their aquatic environment.
- Strangely, the blood of Gasurabazura is always hot and its body parts are expanded by this heat.
- Gasurabazura mainly feeds on Kusubami due to it extracting the poisons this particular prey uses for defense. This poison drips from its body from it ingesting and absorbing the poisons from the Kusubami for a long time.
- On Gasurabazura's body are remnants of fins once aiding its ancestor in swimming but are now used for intimidating potential threats.
- Dripping from the gaps of its scales are powerful poisons gathered from its prey. These scales not only drip poison but aid in producing more poison for some of its attacks. This means that some of the poisonous attacks maybe much larger than many would expect.
- Its teeth also contains poison, allowing it to deliver a poisonous bite.
- Gasurabazura's skin is just about as white as the sand in its environment, giving it better camouflage in its environment. For some stronger individuals, this skin doesn't take damage easily.
- When its tail is expanded with blood, Gasurabazura is able to smash prey with its tail easily.
- Similar to Brachydios, Gasurabazura is able to use its arms to attack and fight enemies, leaving behind bits of poison while attacking enemies though only when angered. It is also able to take advantage of its powerful arms and use them to toss sand or debris at its enemies or even use them to make sand traps for its enemies.
Elder Dragons (Japanese 古龍種) are a class of monsters introduced in the first generation. Unlike other classes like Brute Wyverns or Bird Wyverns, Elder Dragons are instead a collection of species with no definitive features, similar to Herbivore or Fanged Beast, although all Elder Dragons have the ability to cause devastating disasters. These monsters are rare, powerful, and are sometimes even treated as deities by hunters within the Monster Hunter universe. Elder Dragons exhibit a wide variety of body types, the most common being a quadrupedal entity with a long tail and two wings. However, some Elder Dragons can possess Equine or even Cephalopodic features. This class includes monsters that are suited to any realm, be it land, sea or air. In addition, Elder Dragons can be found in almost any environment in the Monster Hunter world, and are generally the most powerful monsters one can encounter in any given zone.
- At a time Kirin's class was ???/Unclassified, just like Gore Magala, but Kirin was put into the Elder Dragon Class after some research of it.
- Its ecology is almost a complete mystery from how elusive it is.
- Kirins are unpredictable and so its best to avoid them. That's why their sometimes called the "Phantom Brute".
- Kirins may have the electrical powers to destroy villages. This is suggested by one village that was supposedly attacked by an enraged Kirin.
- Kirins high metabolism might play a role in its electrical summoning.
- Its skin is pretty hard and its said that its hide can deflect most attacks.
- Their horns are extremely vital to their life, even to the largest Kirin, though even if they lose their horn they can still summon lightning, at least in MH4.
- Kirin hairs actually pick up electricity and its real color is white. Hunters can't really tell from its glowing body. When enough electrical currents are picked up, Kirin will glow brighter in Rage Mode.
- From the discovery of the HC Kirin, the Guild are starting to learn more about Kirin.
- The Oroshi Kirin seems to be some sort of mutation of Kirin.
- Its black color due to its element.
- In legend, Oroshi Kirin are said to be able to freeze whole villages in a manner of seconds.
- Its a lot more mysterious and a lot more phantom-like than the normal Kirin.
discovered so, it could be a completely different species or possibly the same species.
- Many items suggest that they are the same species as Kirin.
- When enraged, it surrounds its self in cold air to increase its control over ice-based attacks.
- Its anger surpasses the normal Kirin's anger so, this Kirin is a lot more aggressive.
- The Kirin's horn is said to have hidden power in it and the Oroshi Kirin's horn is said to freeze the air around it.
- The skin and mane on both of them have no differences.
- The Kirin tails said to be covered in lightning while the Subspecies' tail is covered frost.
- The natural predator of Kirin is Rajang.
- Its unknown what the HC Kirin is though many think its a rarely seen old Kirin.
- In ancient stories in a small village in the Bamboo Forest, the Guild found that this monster, Inagami, the Javon Dragon, had appeared in the Bamboo Forest over hundreds of years ago and coexists with the bamboo in the area. Inagami is said to have lived in harmony with others in the Bamboo Forest for those hundreds of years, even though it is a predator and hunts for prey, along with being protector of the Bamboo Forest. In the stories, Inagami was said to have the ability to freely grow bamboo at will. These stories are the reason why Inagami is classified as an Elder Dragon and from how old it is.
- Interestingly, Leila's and the Diva's village was attacked and destroyed by an Inagami.
- The reason why their village was destroyed by the Inagami was because the villagers tried to trick Inagami to grow their crops by using its strange powers. The Inagami had lived in peace with that village for hundreds and hundreds of years and didn't bother them but when they tricked it, they greatly angered Inagami. The Inagami decided to end their peace with each other by attacking and destroying the village, leaving it in ruins. After that, Inagami started to attack any trespassers that entered the Bamboo Forest. This suggest that Inagami are actually quite peaceful Elder Dragons plus suggest that Elder Dragons are more than they seem.
- The Guild originally didn't know about Inagami's existence until some research teams studying the area lost contact with the Guild suddenly. Soon the Guild sent hunters to investigate the Bamboo Forest. The hunters later reported being attacked by an unknown monster species while investigating the Bamboo Forest.
- Many of Inagami's body parts have evolved to fit in with the Bamboo Forest's environment such as its tail, horn, and face. The horns and tail have changed due to a long term symbiosis with the bamboo.
- Inagami has remnants of wings that its species once had.
- Inagami uses its tail as a lure for prey and to summon bamboo from underground. Inagami is believed to be able to do this by its tail being an enrichment for the bamboo rhizomes, making them grow very quickly, using the bamboo itself as a weapon to catch foes off guard.
- Inagami is able to breath a white, sleepy substance from its mouth that can knock prey out in a single breath.
- When wounded, Inagami will ooze a healing substance from its body to cover the wound and harden then injury for protection. It also will use this substance to perform certain attacks such as forming temporary wings for gliding short distances.
- From Inagami's relationship with the bamboo, its said that the Bamboo Forest's ecosystem depends on Inagami to keep it healthy. This quite different from other known Elder Dragons.
- Its claws are able to leave a deep gouge in the earth just with a single slash, causing the ground to shake.
- Inagami's skin and mane has a smooth texture and large amounts of strength.
- Inagami's scales have a high resistance against all sorts of attacks but combine both strength and beauty together. These scales are difficult to work with by craftsmen.
- Its tendons have good elasticity. Each fiber has a lot of strength and supports Inagami as it performs its quick, agile attacks.
- Inagamis rarely attack enemies and prey with their tail.
- The bone marrow of Inagami has different materials compared to other known monsters.
- Inagami's concept was a Predatory Kirin.
- Lao-Shan Lung is 6960cm long.
- Its nicknamed the Walking Natural Disaster.
- While standing on its hind legs, it will use its tail for support.
- Just a single scale from Lao is comparable to the shells of some wyverns like the Rathalos but its actual shell is about as hard as rock.
- Its hide is formed from various minerals, ores, and in some cases volcanic ash. From them feeding on many of these ores and minerals they can come in range of colors.
- Only ones confirmed are the red, blue-gray/azure(Ashen), gray, and brown Lao-Shan Lung.
- Its material and its shell are said to contain a special rare energy(Dragon Element). With this power, they are said to have destructive powers and abilities.
- Although the Ashen Lao-Shan Lung is said to be a subspecies by the Guild, its actually just a Lao-Shan Lung from the volcano with a different color from the normal ones.
- Even though Lao has been known for a long time, there is still little known about Lao-Shan Lung. One reason why is because there elusive and their whereabouts can not be truly certain, even by the Guild and even from its huge size.
- Its been confirmed that Laos constantly roam around their territory.
- Lao-Shan Lung may sometimes go to ore refineries for reasons.
- An early sign that Lao-Shan Lung is coming is that the ground will shake constantly, causing an earthquake and landslides.
- The fort was built to prevent monsters from getting to the town very easily.
- The reason why Lao-Shan Lung is invading the fort is because its running from something, in this case Fatalis.
- Despite it being easy in-game to kill and repel Lao-Shan Lung, a few hunters died trying to repel it. The final zone, hunters focus on Lao-Shan Lung with their weapons and some equipment.
- Dragon Herbs are used to make powerful herbal medicines.
- Yama Kurai is a giant found in the Highland though it is unknown where it was in the Highland and why suddenly it has appeared.
- There is no documents or archives on this thing, even from ancient times. No documents even mentioned sightings of them so it is likely it may appear in other habitats.
- There is a theory that Yama Kurai could've been confused with Yama Tsukami due to different Yama Tsukami being seen before.
- The Elder Dragon Observation Teams have encountered and found Yama Tsukami in Fonron that vary in size and color. Their theories are that they are either adults and juveniles, subspecies, or environmental conditions. Most of the teams agree that is due to environmental conditions that there is many different Yama Tsukami.
- Yama Kurai is called one of the few ancient, origin monsters untouched by time. From this the Guild plan on investigating this species immediately.
- Yama Kurai has plants and even trees covering its body, making it a sort of living forest. These plants and trees don't exist in any known areas. The plants are able to grow on Yama Kurai through the blood it produces, which are rich with nutrients.
- While fighting, some of the plants on its body will fall off for some attacks but regrow on the ground extremely quick due to how rich nutrients are. This nutrients even rapidly grows some plants in environments sort of like Inagami.
- Despite being similar to Yama Tsukami, Yama Kurai has one major difference from Yama Tsukami. Yama Kurai is able to produce substance that contains different types of poisons. It is theorized that Yama Kurai might have gotten the poisons from constant feeding after many, many years animals and plants.
- It seems the gold eyes and gold teeth might be partly due to the poisons.
- Like Yama Tsukami, it has special Great Thunderbugs living inside its body.
- It is said that Yama Kurai can actually walk on the ground using its limbs.
- It isn't said whether Yama Kurai is the ancestor of Yama Tsukami or not though it too is called the Oldest Elder Dragon. So there is a chance that Yama Kurai could be an older Yama Tsukami.
- Its skin is stretchy.
- Strangely, it has thick hair on its body that can faintly be seen.
- The gold teeth get their color from both dirt and digestive juices inside Yama Kurai, damaging the teeth. From the teeth's size, they don't dissolve.
- Some Yama Kurai have shiny gold teeth that glow like light.
- Yama Kurai's blood is rich with nutrients. It is said that drinking this blood grants immortality.
- On Yama Kurai's body are seeds. These seeds grew into trees rapidly with just a single powerful shock or hit. From this, it is very difficult to use them for materials.
- Its tripe is where the Thunderbugs are raised up and where its poison is contained. The gastric juices inside of it are very powerful.
- Yama Tsukami is said to have an endless life and to be the Oldest Elder Dragon.
- Yama Tsukami has many titles such as the Floating Mountain, Oldest Elder Dragon, and Roaming Dragon.
- Covering nearly its whole is many different plants such as trees and moss. This Dragon Moss has a mysterious beautiful shine. Its mysterious effects can raise the quality of even high quality goods and has mysterious properties. The Dragon Wood is a parasitic plant with a mysterious air coming from it.
- Yama Tsukami's hide can be made into textile with processing.
- Fillet of a Yama Tsukami tentacle is slimy and light.
- Fluid extracted from a Yama Tsukami is black and sticky. This blood is the nutrients for the many plants growing Yama Tsukami.
- The Yama Tsukami has a giant mouth at the front of its body which it uses to swallow whole forests and lakes in one gulp by sucking up large amounts of air. It will also suck up animals and other living things as it sucks up the forest and lakes. This means that Yama Tsukami is an omnivore. Sometimes as it eats whole forests and lakes, Yama Tsukami will also suck up or eat Great Thunderbugs that are caught in its mouth. From the Yama Tsukami pretty much being a special environment for them, they become quite different from the normal Great Thunderbugs and develop differently compared to them.
- Some villages and towns in a forest area is at risk at becoming another meal for Yama Tsukami.
- The large amount of dirt and rotting flesh decomposing inside its body creates as gas, allowing the Yama Tsukami to float through the air without wings. It is able to control the amount of gas it uses and able to use it as a rudder as it floats in the air. It can even use the gas as a weapon and as a defensive shield. Despite being able to control it, Yama Tsukami can be knocked out the air if enough damage is done to it and even by crashing into the ground randomly.
- Yama Tsukami is constantly traveling through different areas in order to find suitable fertile land for it to feed on, even traveling over the sea. Yama Tsukami have been seen in the Great Forest, Jungle, Tower, Town, Mezeporta, and Forest n Hill.
- Its believed that the winds in environments can send Yama Tsukami unintentionally into some areas so it might not intentionally be heading to attack towns.
- Yama Tsukami sightings are extremely low, making many people think it doesn't exist.
- The Elder Dragon Observation Teams have encountered and found Yama Tsukami in Fonron that vary in size and color. Their theories are that they are either adults and juveniles, subspecies, or environmental conditions. Most of the teams agree that is due to environmental conditions that there is many different Yama Tsukami.
- Osutogaroa is a rarely seen Elder Dragon that is able to make a lair out of the bones and corpses of its prey. These lairs are known as Wyvern Graveyards.
- These graveyards can be about as big as a mountain.
- This lair is usually built in a large cave.
- The large cave within the Ancient Forest, where the Wyvern Graveyard is, has a large body of water. This large body of water comes from the expansive sea that the cave is connected to.
- This explains how Osutogaroa got to the Ancient Forest and how it got certain parts from monsters not found in the Ancient Forest, at least thus far.
- The cave's networks also seem to go to other parts of the Ancient Forest.
- Osutogaroa maybe rare but they have been reported in a number of environments.
- From Osutogaroa using the bones and corpses of its prey, Osutogaroa gets the title, Corpse Dragon.
- It is also sometimes called the Bewitching Spirit of the Abyss.
- It is able produce a special mucus that is used for capturing prey. This mucus is like glue, sticking down prey. Once its prey is covered in mucus, it uses its tentacles to drag them back to its lair before feeding on its prey.
- Though this mucus is used for capturing prey, Osutogaroa has another use for the mucus. This mucus is used to help prevent bones from corroding, stick bones together, and to prevent the bones from collapsing. With this mucus, it can make a protective bone armor to protect itself from attacks and even use some bones as weapons.
- This mucus is known to have a eerie blue glow.
- Due to Osutogaroa having huge appetites, they can easily wipe out all life in a surrounding area. This effects those ecosystems greatly on a destructive level, making it harder for species to thrive in said areas.
- Osutogaroa have even shot down some airships due to them mistaken the airships for food. This suggest that some flying species aren't safe from this Elder Dragon.
- Some of the monsters that have been identified to have been eaten by a Osutogaroa include Uragaan, Lagiacrus, Dinovaldo, and Brachydios.
- Recently, one Osutogaroa was spotted in the Ancient Forest and it already wiped out a large portion of an area. When its Wyvern Graveyard was discovered, the Hunter's Guild immediately sent hunters to repel it before it could bring further damage to that ecosystem.
- It is said that it eventually returned in attempt to feed itself.
- Osutogaroa has been seen using various monster parts to attack foes or to kill prey. Some parts that it has been seen using is a Dinovaldo's skull, a Lagiacrus' shell shockers, a Brachydios' pounders, and a Uragaan's chin.
- It is hard to identify some of these parts due to Osutogaroa altering their shapes in order for it to use them.
- Like many other Elder Dragons, Osutogaroa has the Dragon Element in a certain portion of its body though it can barely control the element. So to make it easier for itself to use the Dragon Element, it will fire the element from its tentacles and build it up in its mouth before firing a massive beam. This attack is actually very risky for Osutogaroa, even greatly damaging it in battle.
- Sometimes this is how it is repelled by hunters.
- If damaged greatly in battle, it will eventually reveal its true face in order to attack with its mouth and to better the use the Dragon Element.
- Osutogaroa is said to be intelligent.
- The hard shell is used as armor though its large size is one of nature's mysteries.
- With enough mucus covering it, the shell will harden.
- The skull, covering Osutogaroa, is just terrifying to look at. It has a evil aura surrounding it too.
- The vertebra, covering its back, has a disturbing sound that terrifies most. Despite the size, it is light.
- Its skin is a beautiful blue and stretchy.
- Osutogaroa's arms are sticky and hard. While covered in bone, they resemble a mouth.
- Similar to a cuttlefish, Osutogaroa has a cuttlebone.
- Its mouth has many thorn-like teeth in it. This mouth is able to chew through a wyvern's bone easily.
- A gem contains traces of all of the monsters Osutogaroa has previously eaten.
- Interestingly, a Guild Master in the 2nd Generation mentioned a graveyard filled with bones of monsters in a older game.
- Like many Elder Dragons, Chameleos appears in some legends.
- Compared to other Elder Dragons, Chameleos are said to have quite a calm personality.
- Despite not being seen very much, Chameleos are relatively known among the public.
- Chameleos like areas with lots of humidity. So Chameleos are primarily found living in swamps, jungles, and some forests.
- In theory, the leaf-like tail is used to fool predators into thinking it is its head.
- The Elder Dragon Observation Team has not been able to truly study this Elder Dragon.
- The most well-known feature about Chameleos is its ability to turn nearly invisible. By generating a weak electric current in its skin that interacts with the mist it can breathe, the elder dragon can bend light around itself, rendering it effectively invisible. But this isn't the only way they camouflage that well. Turns out, each species of Chameleos has a different way of camouflaging, rendering itself nearly invisible.
- Their camouflage is so great, that Chameleos will even mimic tiny things in the background like rain or even flies to try fit in perfectly in the area invisible.
- In order to render a Chameleos visible, it is suggested to try to cut its tail or break the horn on its head.
- Some Chameleos species don't attack immediately but, instead use stealth. Other Chameleos species are known to be fairly aggressive.
- The 4th Generation Chameleos is confirmed to be a Subspecies.
- Chameleos have huge appetites. They will wipe their tongues around to catch prey or anything that seems edible to them.
- Due to this huge appetite, it can be troublesome to either research or hunt one down. When teams were attempting to study Chameleos, it stole all their food, medicines, and chemicals, though no teams were harmed in anyway.
- Chameleos are also known for their habit of stealing items. They do this so potential threats can get out of their territory.
- Depending on a Chameleos' diet, their poisons vary from region to region.
- Its finehide has a strange texture that calms the soul with a single touch.
- Its horn refracts light.
- The tail's unique texture makes for excellent material.
- A gem from Chameleos has a multitude of colors.
- Out of most Elder Dragons research for Kushala Daora is still progressing and they are still learning more about it. They are also discovering new things about them though there is still some mystery behind them.
- It gets its title from its meta scales and its outer shell is black do to a reaction the oxygen in the air.
- Kushala Daora has some of the largest wings out of any of the smaller Elder Dragons.
- The Kushala Daora found in Dondruma are actually larger than the Kushala Daoras found in Val Habar. They are both also different from each other, this suggest they could be Subspecies of each other.
- Kushala Daora's flying skills are better then the Rathalos' flying skills.
- Kushala Daora can destroy whole forests or regions with their powerful storms. These storms include blizzards and hurricanes. Its unknown how it controls the storms though.
- It uses a special organ to produce its famous wind barrier and it seems to be close to its head. When hit with poison, its organ will be weak and its shield will disappear for a short period of time while fighting the toxins.
- Kushala Daora can shoot powerful wind at enemies that enough to destroy some of the strongest ore.
- Strangely, Val Habar's Kushalas are able to breath ice at enemies, even when not in cold enviroments.
- They prefer to attack enemies from a distance instead of getting up close to them, which their weapons include their tail and claws.
- The HC Kushala Daora found in Frontier are old individuals.
- Kushala Daora shed constantly each year.
- Most Rusted Kushala Daora are a lot more dangerous than a normal Kushala Daora.
- Rusted Kushala Daoras may actually go to towns to shed in peace without having to worry about predators. They will also go to areas with little threats to shed their skin.
- Their roars are different from a normal ones due to its skin rusting.
- It has been considered from the rusting on certain Kushalas skin, that there are several subspecies of Kushala Daora such as Garuba Daora.
- Rusted Kushala Daora may actually also use their rusted skin as weapon against their enemies.
- Kushala Daora scales can be mined in the Towers and Great Forest.
- Their scales have a small amount of frost on them after staying in the elements at night. Their scales are very hard and strong like steel.
- Its wings have strong plates on them.
- The claws are said to be covered by cold air.
- Its tail is quite thin compared to other Elder Dragons.
- Do to repeated shedding/molting through out their life, their shell is very tough.
- Garuba Daora was told about in the same legends as Shantien and was said to be living high in the skies.
- Its body shape and its appearance is similar to Kushala Daora but its golden color is said to be an adaption to a different environment. Its a Kushala Daora who has adapted to a different environment.
- Its actually a different breed of Kushala Daora.
- Its golden color and crystals are from it feeding on special ores and river stones. From constantly feeding on the ores, it has developed crystals on certain parts of its body.
- These ores come from rivers and other bodies of water found in its environment, which is unknown.
- Its gold color has helped it adapt to its different environment.
- Unlike Kushala Daora, it can't make storms and is usually seen in clear skies without a cloud in sight.
- The Female Guild Master that appeared in G5 was actually spotted it while on the Large Exploration Ship and it is requested by the Guild Master to hunt it down. From Shantien being found in those skies and attacking multiple ships, her trip was delayed for a little while from the skies being dangerous. When she was finally transported on the ship to Mezeporta, she wasn't attacked by Shantien but she saw another Elder Dragon of legends, Garuba Daora, confirming its existence. Thankfully, Garuba Daora didn't see the ship while she was on it are it might've and would have attacked it.
- Like Kushala Daora, it uses a different element known as Wind but the gold dust around it make it different. Its attacks are said to be both cold and electrical.
- With many of its attacks, it combines them with a golden dust found around itself and also uses this dust to manipulate the crystals as another means of attacking.
- The golden dust, according to some eyewitnesses, makes it harder to see it and this is the reason why it hasn't been confirmed to be real known.
- Shantien is said to be highly territorial and protect its territory in the skies but from what was the big question. It seems that Garuba Daora might be that what.
- The only problem is that its unknown where Garuba Daora is found and its said that Shantien lives in completely different areas from Garuba Daora.
- Garuba Daora's shell was originally silver but changed to a golden color after some years from the gold dust found in the water it drinks.
- Their quartz on the head, claws, tail, and wings have formed on them due to their diet. **They are very transparent and they can release a large amount of light around the Garuba Daora that can potentially destroy or heavily burn the area around them.
- The tail has adapted to changes in Garuba Daora's environment in order to help support it in its environment.
- Every year in the Snowy Mountains, massive blizzards are caused by Toa Tesukatora. Due to how unusually violent the blizzards were, the Hunter's Guild began to believe it was an Elder Dragon of some kind and later discovered Toa Tesukatora.
- From its appearance, Toa Tesukatora is believed to be a close relative of Teostra by the Hunter's Guild.
- Toa Tesukatora can walk straight through blizzards with ease, unlike most creatures that are stopped in their tracks by blizzards.
- Toa Tesukatora has explosive powder that can come from its wings and by shaking its horns. This explosive powder rapidly cools water around it to produce snow and ice.
- Its scales are as clear as ice with cold air around them. Even when cut off, the scales keep their beauty.
- Toa Tesukatora's mane is completely frozen though keeps its form. Even in heat, this mane never melts.
- Like Teostra, Toa Tesukatora horns symbolize power with their stunning beauty. This power even controls the sky.
- Its tail has a blue shine that combines beauty and durability.
- Toa Tesukatora's gem is a mixture of black and white with freezing cold air surrounding it. This gem shows how it is king.
- Lunastra was discovered first but Teostra was discovered shortly after her.
- Luanstra's heat barrier/shield is made differently than Teostra's.
- The explosive powder she uses is old skin ignited by her fangs, which act like flints.
- She is rarer than Teostra and also better at flying than Teostra.
- Her materials aren't as valuable as Teostra's and other Elder Dragons.
- Lunastra's ecology is nearly the same as Teostra's.
- It was discovered that Lunastra and Teostra are found in nest together in the ruins near the Towers or on the Towers. To support this both of their footprints have been found in previous nest or near active nests.
- Her hide is said to be stiffer than Teostra's hide.
- Lunastra's mane is silky soft yet also glossy.
- Her tail is strong enough to break rocks.
- Lunastra's horn symbolizes her elegance and her beauty.
- Teostra are by far one of the most aggressive and dangerous Elder Dragons in the series.
- Teostra are shockingly a lot more common than most other Elder Dragons.
- Teostra fly less than Lunastra and prefer to fight on land.
- Seeing a Teostra breath a fireball or flaming liquid at you isn't common. They prefer to burn their prey with their stream of fire.
- Just like Lunastra, his explosive powder is his old skin.
- Teostra have been found living in Swamps, Deserts, Volcanos, and even close to some villages or towns. These include Mezeporta, Val Habar, and Dundorma areas.
- Teostra have been found to eat coal found in Volcanic areas though its unknown why. Some say its for nutrition while others say to help it fuel its flames. Either way its believed for those reasons or other reasons not yet found.
- All Teostra have that explosive mode seen in the 4th Generation. The dust seen in this mode isn't its scales but something else entirely different though what is unknown.
- Their explosive powder comes from their wings.
- The color/texture of his mane are bit stiff compared to Lunastra's mane.
- Like Lunastra, his tail is strong enough to break rock.
- His horns symbolize power and majesty. A Supremacy Teostra's horns is said to be a proof of honor.
- The coal forms the jewels and gems we get from Teostra, inside its body.
- The reason why the Supremacy Teostra's wings are yellow/golden and red-black is because of lava that hardened on them.
Rukodiora and Rebidiora
- Rukodiora was known in the Mezeporta for a long time but was mistaken for a few other Elder Dragons from its destruction.
- Rukodiora is different from other Elder Dragons that have been discovered mainly from its wings and body shape.
- The gold dust seen around it is iron mixed with its magnetic force. Its shield is used as both defense and offense against threats. To keep its powers of magnetism strong it is always fully charged through out its body. A Rukodiora's scales and wings are the main reason why it is always charged. From this it really isn't affected by certain poisons.
- Rukodiora's beam is made of the dragon element and magnetism.
- Rukodiora are said to have multiple organs with electrical properties.
- Like many other Elder Dragons, Rukodiora's true role in the ecosystem is unknown though they have been seen in the desert and more research for them might come in the future.
- Just by touching a Rukodiora's wing, a person hand will become numb but touching their scales will burn you.
- Their claws are light and are able to slice through metal.
- Even when their horn is broken, they still keep their shield.
- Its tail is said to be quite different from other Elder Dragon.
- Strange black stones have been found inside Rukodiora. These stones are from gems and jewels sometimes found inside of them.
- Rebidiora is a mutation of Rukodiora that is overcharged with electricity.
- Its been said that Rebidiora are trying to protect themselves from their own shocks. This has lead to their appearance changing overtime.
- Their horns are different to help better control the Thunder Element.
- Unlike Rukodiora, Rebidiora seems to have dumped its previous defense for its powerful lightning. Now in most cases hunters don't see them carrying any type of debris.
- Besides being seen in Mezeporta, Rebidiora has been sighted in the Great Forest and Gorge from larger amounts of lightning in those areas.
- One Rebidiora was even able to destroy a whole forest with lightning strikes from itself.
- Its scales show its electrical shocks throughout its body.
- Its tail shocks people by just touching it.
- Its shell stores electricity.
- A special crystal has been found inside of Rebidiora's body that combines its magnetism with its lightning. This crystal is believed to be how the Thunder Pole(Thunder + Dragon) Element is made.
- Harudomerugu is a new species of Elder Dragon that was discovered in the Snowy Mountains.
- On Harudomerugu's body is a silver liquid metal, mercury, that it is able to freely manipulate. From this metal and ability, it is also known as the Silver Controlling Dragon.
- To manipulate this metal, Harudomerugu have special red organs that can be seen on some parts of their body. These organs aggregate to produce the liquid metal.
- Unlike other Elder Dragons, it has no film on its wings to allow it to fly. Instead it uses the mercury for its wing membrane allowing Harudomerugu to fly.
- Harudomerugu are described to be quite intelligent, even for Elder Dragons. They cover themselves in the mercury for defense and even use the mercury to form all sorts of weapons to fight off threats. Harudomerugu have been seen able to form blades, daggers, disk, and even giant balls of mercury around themselves before rolling at great speeds. This intelligence is also backed up by the shape of a Harudomerugu's horn.
- Without the metal on Harudomerugu's body it is found to have black scales that are easier to scar.
- If threaten or attacked by outside threats, Harudomerugu will actually track their foes in order to end the life of their foes. This is the reason why they sometimes attack Mezeporta.
- The tail is covered in thorns that can make a hunter bleed if touched with bare hands.
- The claws are as sharp as steel. They can be used for processing tools.
- Its wings sound sharp with wind simply blowing on them.
- Its title, Swallowing Abyss Dragon, comes from it eating all species that it passes along with anything surrounding them.
- It seemingly has a bottomless appetite.
- Tartaronis noticably resembles a sea turtle and uses its flippers to swim through the sand.
- The spines on its back are used for deflecting attacks, however, they can also be shot as weapons from a distance away while cutting up prey at close range.
- According to researchers, its able to fly seemingly by controlling hot air. This makes Tartaronis' ecology quite complex and hard to understand for researchers.
- Its always appears with a sand storm or some other natural disaster in the desert like other Elder Dragons.
- It relies on its flippers to produce the tornadoes.
- Residents in the desert see Tartaronis as the embodiment of the desert, a god, and as a demon of the desert. Its feared that Tartaronis will eventually swallow the whole Moonland and everything it encounters there in that desert.
- Its even worshipped as a god and called the Dead Sea Demon.
- Tartaronis is one of the twelve of new species put on the dangerous monster list.
- Amatsumagatsuchi is said to be an Elder Dragon of Great Evil and said to be The God of the Heavens.
- Before it was discovered by the Guild, it was a well-known presences throughout Yukumo's Regions history and a lot of storms that have caused destruction in Yukumo was due to Amatsumagatsuchi. Some of this destruction was floods, land slides, and a few others. Whole villages and areas are forced to leave the area, when it appears from this and even monsters are forced to move in some other areas when it appears.
- It flies by catching wind from the storms and all those fins on its body help it fly catch wind and air, allowing it to fly. To help it swim through the air with ease, its backbone is much like that of Leviathans. From wind constantly flowing from its fins, it produces that barrier of wind that it can change at will and use in many ways.
- Unlike other Elder Dragons, even if certain parts are broken on its body it doesn't lose control of the weather and even being poisoned doesn't decrease its power.
- Its title, Storm Dragon, was given to it from it being able to freely make storms.
- A special jade organ allows it to make storms and its storm control supposedly surpasses Kushala Daora's storms.
- They are highly territorial and will attack anything that enters their territory. While claiming territories, they will clear out all other monsters in the area along with Airships.
- It has an organ that stores large amounts of water, allowing it to breath its powerful beams.
- It goes into its Final Rage Mode, when it feels its about to die. The storm becomes larger and more violent due to this as well.
- The small claws that Amatsumagatsuchi has suggest that its ancestors had legs and claws at a time.
- Its tail helps it swim in the storms and the sky.
- On the snout of Amatsumagatsuchi is a pyrolite crystal for hydrogen ignition. Combined with concentrated hydrogen vapor, at first glance, the movement makes it look like water will come out, and then... it sneezes. Amatsumagatsuchi spits out a large volume of hydrogen, ignition with the pyrolite, and large amounts of water.
- Shantien flies above the sky far beyond any other monsters. From this it was only considered to be a legend and, said to not even be real until the Large Exploration Ships were built and when it attacked the Mezeporta.
- Their true habitat and diet is unknown but it could be guessed they are carnivores and truly live in the sky, only occasionally landing in some areas. Some have been reported flying above the Great Forest Peaks.
- Shantien is feared as an Elder Dragon of Mystery in the Skies while they were looking for new areas to explore an discover.
- Similar to Amatsumagatsuchi and Ceadeus, it to is very Leviathan-like but unlike them its still able to walk on land and even move much like a Leviathan.
- When its wings are bloated, its able to fly and make storms. Though its wings may become bloated, its true ability to fly comes from the hairs on its body. Shantien produces/generates a mass of air compressed that lifts up the Shantien and releases the particles, allowing for high-speed flying. These particles can make Shantien glitter in the sky and allowing it to become airborne.
- Like Amatsumagatsuchi, it to is very aggressive and will attack any monster or ship in its territory in the sky. When it doesn't see the threat as much of challenge it won't do much of anything but when it goes dangerous it will begin to use more air-based abilities along with attack water and lightning.
- It was first known for only controlling two elements, Water + Thunder, but it later turned out to use the environment to its advantage and use the Fire element from the Volcanic Area as its own weapon. Its powers with fire are very weak and not very powerful, unless combined with some of its other attacks. It also gets hot air/wind while in the Volcano from lava.
- When angered enough, hunters can see its veins turn blue flow with the particles along with a change in environment. In certain environments, its scales and shell are prone to changing color like its color in the Volcano.
- The Guild don't let many hunters use the Large Exploration Ship due to how dangerous it is to hunt Shantien.
- It was recently discovered that Shantien has a major weakness to loud sounds.
- When enough damage is done to Shantien, it can possibly kill itself by trying to do one of its electrical attacks and from it discharging inside its body.
- Their scales and shells are fire proof and water proof.
- The claws of them are hard but can break easily.
- Its believed that Shantien's horns help it fly the sky and control wind.
- The crystals on Shantien are said to be the source of its powers.
- Ceadeus' family were first powerful land dwellers before they later evolved for life in the deep sea. Some of their body parts evolved into fins to fit this new lifestyle while others completely degenerated.
- Its length is 5837.2cm while Lao-Shan Lung is 6960cm. Its size is the true reason why its feared.
- Ceadeus can cause earthquakes just by rubbing its horn against rocks on the sea floor. It also causes tsunamis occasionally from the earthquakes, which reportedly destroyed an island.
- Ceadeus is sometimes described as a moon from the fact its pure white and looks like a huge moon in the sea at night.
- Its unknown why its luminous organs glow blue and why they turn red when in Rage Mode though the luminous bacteria on its body reacts to it by reflecting the light.
- Ceadeus hide is remarkably solid and its very hard. Its fur is hard to forge.
- Ceadeus has a special relationship with an algae, which is the reason why it has its beard. It farms for the algae with its beard and uses the glow from the luminous bacteria as a form of photosynthesis. With this algae, Ceadeus can spend longer times underwater without having to come up for air. When it needs air, it will swim up with a burst of speed and jump out of the water for a breath like in its first intro. Its estimated a Ceadeus can hold its breath for about several months.
- The Ceadeus has been known in legends in a few different areas but the Guild didn't consider them as confirmation of the monster.
- The Ceadeus that caused the earthquakes in Moga was trying to wear down its horn.
- Ceadeus will face of against a threat by biting them and using its body as a weapon. If that fails, it will inhale and breath large amounts of water.
- Goldbeard Ceadeus was only just a legend like the Ceadeus and was thought to never have existed.
- Goldbeard Ceadeus are officially confirmed to be Ceadeus individuals that live longer than normal Ceadeus.
- Its color is said to be caused by the luminous bacteria, making Goldbeard glow a gold color. From it being extremely bright, its said that it lives in deeper waters. Its eyes are covered by its huge horns now.
- Goldbeard Ceadeus is a lot more aggressive than a normal Ceadeus and its possibly caused from it not being able to see so well.
- Their population is smaller than the Ceadeus population though its said they are the same species.
- Goldbeard Ceadeus are said to never have to come up for air do to them getting larger amounts of algae.
- A Ceadeus Tail symbolizes peace.
- Crooked Horns on Ceadeus suggest they are very old monsters and can be found through out history while Crooked Hardhorns have extraordinary power and could be older than time.
- Goldbeard Fur is more like spines than fur.
- Ceadeus and Jhen Mohran are theorized to have the same ancestor. Ceadeus is also said to have lived in the Great Desert while it was still a huge sea.
- Dah'ren Mohran is a close relative of Jhen Mohran.
- Dah'ren Mohran has the same ecology as Jhen Mohran, however, there are some differences between the two species. The main two differences Dah'ren Mohran is known for is its aggression and its single horn.
- Just like Jhen Mohran, its horn is used for destroying objects that are in its way while its swimming in the sand. It also uses the horn like a drill as it twists its body in a spiral-like motion as it digs into the sand.
- These horns are used by humans for excavation.
- Over many years, these horns will have has hardened magnificently with age and eventually can pierce through anything.
- From swimming in the sand for long periods of time, all sorts of minerals and ore have formed on its body, making its scales rusty and giving it that reddish color. The sand has polished the rusty scales and the sand has given the scales a unique texture.
- Its rare to find scales that are smooth and that glow crimson like the sunset.
- Unlike Jhen Mohran, Dah'ren Mohran can shoot large clumps of sand mixed with other minerals from their back as projectiles. These huge projectiles can block a predator's path and can prevent the equipment on some ships from being used.
- Unlike Jhen Mohran, Dah'ren Mohran is actively aggressive will actually try to attempt to kill a predator or destroy a whole town when put in danger in attempt to make the threat stop their attack.
- Its believed by the Guild that Dah'ren Mohran might be smarter than Jhen Mohran.
- A Dah'ren Mohrans shell is like a layer of bedrock.
- The carapace is an impossibly hard shell that makes vast mountains look like so much sponge.
- The rockskin is a massive carapace with overwhelming, and perhaps otherworldly, presence.
- The brace of a Dah'ren Mohran is the strong foreleg armor made to support great weight, usually dusted entrancingly with sand. In some rare occasions when soaked in water, the thick, layered foreleg plating gains strength from the water.
- Its two arms are used to support it while climbing and digging and its feet are gone to help it climb the vast mountains freely.
- Its claws are very powerful and with one swing kill anything in its way. The claws can also can destroy the land and even cause rocks of old mountains to collapse.
- Dalamadur is able to destroy whole mountains and valleys. Its also believed that the damage it causes could affect the whole world.
- Dalamadur seems to use the blade-like scales to help it climb and dig and, are sometimes described as a Thousand Blades.
- Dalamadur's hide is extremely hard and sometimes compared to steel.
- Its tail is used like a whip and just by slamming it, it can cause an earthquake.
- Dalamadur is believed to be the creator of the Heaven's Mount from its digging and climbing on the mountains. The legend suggest that there is more than one Dalamadur and that the area became unstable from them. Its also unlikely that the area formed naturally over years and their is damage in the mountains that seemed to have only been caused by Dalamadur.
- It turns out the Dalamadur was actually ripping through the mountains due to its old skin irritating it sometime before it could actually shed into its new skin. So Dalamadur unintentionally makes more habitats and homes for monsters that live in the mountains of the Siki Country.
- Some reports suggest that Dalamadur can be found in the Forest and Hills as well.
- Dalamadur controls an unknown element that doesn't match any known other elements.
- The meteors it summon seems to be falling stars and they rain down when Dalamadur roars or does other things. These stars have the same energy as Dalamadur's Chest.
- Some type of energy is in its chest that produces a strange light and white particles. Its unknown what it is but its super hot.
- The strange substance found in the Speartip Crag is believed to some type of venom left behind by Dalamadur.
- It has special bones that twist with immeasurable power. They are believed to help Dalamadur support itself.
- Dalamadur measures up to 44039.7cm.
- Dalamadur and Shah Dalamadur are confirmed to be the same species.
- Shah Dalamadur are a Dalamadur after molting.
- Shah Dalamadur have no control over their metabolism, meaning their body temperature is constantly changing. When parts on their body are hot their skin for that part is noticeably soft, allowing most weapons to pierce through easily. This also allows Shah Dalamadur to greatly heat the environment with certain parts alone.
- In a sense, Shah Dalamadur are in a defenseless state shortly after molting which makes them more aggressive towards just about anything.
- Dalamadur can control their metabolism while Shah Dalamadur can't really control their metabolism.
- From digging in Speartip Crag, Dalamadur have caused some hot springs to open up in some parts of the mountain.
- The Shah Dalamadur is The Immortal, Immortal Singing Emperor.
- Its claws are burning hot to the touch and quite comparable to a star.
- Its Fan Blades are extremely hard. Can't be broken or even scarred easily.
- Its Thousand Blade Scales are hot and burn the mountain with each scale put into the mountain.
- The Shah Dalamadur's tail rips the air and sky with fire. It gouges the land with its immense strength, shaking the earth in fire.
- Its eyes are a flickering light and stare in anger.
- Dalamadur etymology: Dara(ダラ) = Tower(塔) - Amadyura(アマデュラ) = Armor(鎧)
- This comes from an old Babylonian language.
- Shagaru Magala is called The Punishing God of the Mountains.
- Shagaru Magala loses its heat sensors from its eyes developing.
- Shagaru Magala and Gore Magala are sometimes compared to light and darkness.
- Shagaru Magala is believed to have complete control over Frenzy Virus like a few other Elder Dragons and it doesn't use it to see anymore like Gore Magala.
- Last time Shagaru Magala appeared in the Heaven's Mount, all the monsters became infected and went feral. After sometime, there was huge amount of corpses left behind from monsters killing each other after becoming infected and most of them became extinct.
- They have gained some resistance against lightning, unlike Gore Magala.
- The virus pretty much affected the ecosystem around it and made creatures in its vicinity crazy and feral.
- The scales of Shagaru Magala are said to shine in the darkness of the virus and in the sky and the light that Shagaru Magala uses seems to protect its body.
- Shagaru Magala's wings are sometimes compared to some rare ore since they feel similar to them and shine like them.
- It wings have rainbow colors, when sunlight reflects off them.
- The wings are used as both weapons and shields against enemies.
- Its wing claws have a mysterious glow and have hardened from old age. They are powerful weapons and are said to smooth down by cutting through things.
- Unlike Gore Magala, Shagaru Magala uses a strange substance to infect monsters instead of hairs.
- It takes a long time for a Gore Magala to become a Shagaru Magala.
- Shagaru Magala's virus is a lot more dangerous since it can cover a much wider range than Gore Magala's virus and can potentially wipe out all life in one area completely but also other areas.
- If a Shagaru Magala is killed, the virus it produced will spread much farther and infect other areas easily.
- The virus' range will also block out the sun and put the area in a seemingly endless night.
- Shagaru Magala spread a mist of the virus around their territory to prevent Gore Magala from molting properly. Inside their mist is a new powerful strand of the virus that infects all creatures in their territory, eventually killing most of them. But there is something else in their virus... The virus contains their parasitic offspring, the Gore Magala. Magala reproduce asexually. Their offspring live in the host whether it is dead or alive though infected corpses act as nurseries for the babies. They get their nutrition and everything they need from their host. So Shagaru Magala fill the area with the deadly mist so they can claim a territory for themselves, prevent future rivals from appearing, and to bring forth the next generation of Magalas.
- Its normal for Gore Magala to go the Heaven's Mount because when it comes time to molt, they head their to molt since it the Heaven's Mount are their home.
- The growth of Shagaru Magala's claws continues even after it has molted as a Gore Magala, even though this is its adult form.
- For a long time, Dundroma was constantly attacked by all sorts of Elder Dragons. To defend the town against these threats, they made all sorts of powerful weapons to defend the town, which eventually lead to them making the Original Dragonator to defend the town. The Original Dragonator alone defeated many foes and defended Dundroma time after time. From this success, it became the symbol of the town. Over time, the Dragonator got old and wasn't as useful as it once was so the town replaced it with a newer, more powerful Dragonator. The old Dragonator was put into a weapons warehouse by the Great Elder and was left there as a memory for Dundroma. One night in that warehouse, the old Dragonator along with large amounts of explosives and gunpowder had disappeared mysteriously. The cause of it was unknown but a black goo was left behind. Many years later, the same thing happened to many of the explosives and gunpowder in the warehouse but more often than before. Like before, a black goo was left behind and it was discovered to be highly flammable. It was later discovered to be pure oil and a trace of this oil was found close to the outflow source for Dundroma. The Guild Knights followed the trail and saw a giant Elder Dragon leaving Dundroma. They found some gunpowder on its body and saw the Original Dragonator on its back. From this alone, they identified it as the Warehouse Thief and say it likes to feed on explosives along with gunpowder. From the discovery of this monster, the Guild labeled it as a monster that needs to be repelled from its huge size and from it needing to destroy the town just get through it. The Guild also gave it the name, Gogmazios.
- Gogmazios has a sulfur diet. From this diet, it is known to invade towns for gunpowder.
- Gogmazios doesn't have any legends, lore, or stories about it. No one hasn't even witnessed this monster until recently.
- Gogmazios has an extra pair of limbs used to help it support itself as it walks bipedally and are used as a weapon to fight of threats. These extra limbs also double as wings and there is also a lot of muscles found inside those limbs alone, which explains how its able to walk upright.
- Its suggested that Gogmazios may live in one of the Swamps in the Old World.
- Its Quest title also suggest this.
- Besides using its extra limbs as a weapon, it'll actually use its whole body as a weapon to fight off a threat. It mainly however uses its limbs, tail, and size to fight.
- Gogmazios is considered to be one of the most agile of the giant Elder Dragons known.
- Gogmazios produces the oil inside of its body. The oil circulates throughout Gogmazios's body and some of it pours out of its back, dripping/being shot out of its back. This oil is sticky so some objects stick to the oil and remains on it, sticking to Gogmazios's body. Some items that have been found in the oil is Arrows, Bowgun Shots, weapons, rare artifacts, and in one case an old Dragonator.
- Even some living organisms have been found in the oil.
- The oil is also highly explosive.
- From the oil spilling from its back, it has hardened on Gogmazios's scales and shell covering some of its body, increasing the defense of its body.
- Inside of its body and in its extra limbs are organs that produce extreme heated-fire. It has a special organ that allows it to feed on the sulfur through decomposition of sulfur. As the sulfur decomposes, heat is decomposed. Another special organ is able to get rid of excess heat and capable of heat exhaustion.
- Smoke seen coming from its back is the excessed heat coming from its skin.
- When greatly angered, its body temperature greatly increases causing the oil to heat up and ignite faster along with bombing the area with igniting oil plus fire to destroy many things.
- The has many spikes on them and the tail is about as long as a Dragonator.
- Its rarest item is said to be harboring a fire god. If cracked, the fire god will escape and burn down the whole land before eventually scorching the earth.
- The oil coming out of a Gogmazios is impurities such as waste or sweat from its skin due to its diet.
- The wings of Gogmazios aren't tattered. The oil on its body has actually stuck on the wings due to hardening on them. When greatly angered, the heat will cause the oil to evaporate from its wings and Gogmazios forcefully forces itself to fly in the air. Gogmazios don't fly easily and rarely fly.
- Without the oil on its body, Gogmazios resemble the Revolving Dragons though are a blue in color.
- Gogmazios have a very long lifespan. Due to this, Gogmazios didn't evolve very much and still greatly resemble their ancestors.
- Gogmazios hibernate underground for a very long period of time, spanning to a few years or even several decades, when it has obtained enough food but waking up to feed again when food is needed. This plus it destroying some villages while searching for food is the reason why it hasn't been seen very much by people.
- Gogmazios' weapons have sleep due to a lack of weapons with the aliment.
- Though it has some point due to the whole sleeping for years thing.
- Gogumazios' name came from Gog_and_Magog. Its name also comes from a combination of the words Geo and erojion(Erosion in French).
- Fatalis' title, in multiple different regions, are different from each other. This is due to other monsters sharing the Black Dragon title like Dire Miralis and Alateron.
- Fatalis threatens the lives of all living things, including Lao-Shan Lung and possibly other giant monsters.
- The Fatalis is one of the few monsters able to affect the world. Fatalis could scorch the whole world with its flame in a few days, in other words Fatalis could possibly burn areas to a crisp with its powerful fire and destroy major ecosystems and, affecting the world.
- Since the Fatalis is only detailed in legends and fairy tales, it is detailed as an imaginary monster. Info on it is very little and from this is its only pictured on icons as a ? since no real things have been found on it.
- Recently, they have found the Fatalis in Monster Hunter 4 and it seems their either an older individual/some type of mutation of the Fatalis but with powerful fiery attacks.
- According to ancient documents, Fatalis brings its prey/victims back to its lair before taking the armor of them and melting it on their scales for their powerful armored hide. It also does this to hunters and soldiers.
- The Fatalis' scales are extremely thick while its hide is very heavy and hard.
- The Fatalis' eyeballs are made of crystals and its one of three great treasures.
- A Fatalis' wing membrane is flexible but also as hard metal. Breaking its wings isn't very easy.
- The power of Fatalis is said to be held in its horns.
- The G-Rank Fatalis is some type of mutant Fatalis.
- Inside of the G-Rank Fatalis' body is bizarre substances/fluids flowing through its body. Its hard to guess how much the stuff weighs.
- Its believed this is the effects of the Dragon Element and this might even explain its dramatic change.
- The jewel found inside a G-Rank Fatalis doesn't seem to be made of any earthly materials and has formed inside its body over many years.
- A single flap from the G-Rank Fatalis' wings instantly makes other monsters run.
- The eyeball of the G-Rank Fatalis has a creepy light coming from it and is basically inviting those it stares at to its dark depths.
- Similar to Dire Miralis, the G-Rank Fatalis' scales and shell show signs of possible regenerative powers.
- The shell of the G-Rank Fatalis is impervious to strikes from weapons and has terrifying power inside of it.
- Its horns control the power of the Dragon Element.
- Black Fatalis Armors have hunters recalling the howl of Fatalis and may have hunters die from the fright of memories.
- The set also gives hunters terrible nightmares, unsettling strength, have them feeling the pulse of Fatalis, possession, has both legs feeling as if they have been seized by Fatalis, and if worn to long the hunter will die/disappear.
- The Great Sword's and Hammer's despair eats at the user and any hunter that uses one is forever locked in a battle against the Elder Dragons.
- The Hammer demands a sacrifice.
- When its Long Sword is held, hideous, abyssal screams are heard. When upgraded, the wounds this weapon inflicts never heal and remain raw for years.
- The Sword and Shield envelopes all in it path.
- The Dual Blades turn the hunter's arms into deadly blades.
- Anyone who hears the song of the Hunting Horn will faint. This weapon when upgraded is said to change listeners into disheartened beasts.
- Its Gunlance is said to be cursed and used for evil purposes.
- The Bowguns have a thirst for blood.
- The G-Rank Fatalis Skill known as Black Lifeline shows signs of Fatalis possession.
- This skill activates when all of the hunter's strength is brought down to nothing until The Power of the Black Flames takes over.
- This is also described to be a curse.
- The Black Flame is described to be the Second Coming of the Fatalis.
- Crimson Fatalis is the Incarnation of Evil and is believed to be truly real, unlike the Black Fatalis.
- The reason why its called the Red Dragon is because of the color of its scales and from them being similar to lava. Its believed to be this color due to its anger since its a lot more aggressive than the Black Fatalis.
- Just like Fatalis, it too is one of the few monsters able to affect the world and threatens the lives of all living things, including Lao-Shan Lung and possibly other giant monsters. Despite this Crimson Fatalis is a much bigger threat than Black Fatalis and can cause much deadlier natural disasters.
- Crimson and Black are said to have some connection to each other, though they are hinted at being the same species. Its material even says that its an angry Black Fatalis that's body has turned red/crimson.
- Crimson Fatalis is sometimes believed to be the True Power of the Volcano and is Black Fatalis in Rage Mode with its scales dyed red.
- Crimson Fatalis' Ecology is truly unknown like Black Fatalis and their is hardly anything in its legends to give any real clues but its flying abilities are said to exceed Black Fatalis' flying skills.
- Its hide is said to be the symbol of pure anger and rage. Even when it hide is cut off, it still glows red like magma in anger.
- Its scales are said to glow crimson in faint darkness and can be seen in the night sky, when it flies.
- Its wings still pulse with life, even after being taken off.
- The G-Rank Crimson Fatalis(MH4G) is a Crimson Fatalis that's power has greatly increased but its unknown how and why its power has increased so much.
- However, its said that its rage might have something to do with its unknown power increase.
- Some years ago, some hunters went to the Castle Schrade and defeated a Black Fatalis that fled from the Castle Schrade. It was unknown what happened to that Black Fatalis until it was found again some years later but now at the Ingle Isle, where it had dramatically changed.
- It seems after that battle, the Fatalis Brethren became known around the Guild and by more hunters than ever before.
- In legend, this Crimson Fatalis lays dormant for many years before awakening when certain conditions are met to its liken. Once awakened, this Crimson Fatalis is said to go on a rampage, bring destruction to all that it encounters. This Crimson Fatalis is described to be the incarnation of Fatalis.
- This Crimson Fatalis is even said to be preparing to start a war.
- Due to the lava, this Crimson Fatalis' scales and shell has changed to a different more violent color. Many documents suggest that it somehow, possibly, is also getting its power from the lava around it. It even is able to somehow to manipulate the lava to attack threats from great distances.
- Unlike Fatalis and other Crimson Fatalis, this Crimson Fatalis can actually make powerful heat waves, like Lunastra and Teostra, by using its powerful wings.
- As of now it was thought to be a near story but later was confirmed to be really real! However, the Guild is being very secretive about this particular monster.
- This incarnation of Fatalis is said to be potentially hinting towards being another Fatalis Brethren that was never confirmed until recently though no confirmation.
- Hunters can't look at this Crimson Fatalis' eyes due to how heinous they are and from the eyes trying to undermine their very spirit.
- Its shell resembles the rage that can never be stopped and that continues to shine red with immense rage.
- Its horns have immense power inside them with anger that divides the heavens.
- The red scales have a darkness lurking inside their fiery anger.
- Its wings shake the surrounding air with immense power, pulsing red.
- The G-Rank Crimson Fatalis(MHF-G)is a powerful irregular mutation of Crimson Fatalis that has learnt how to manipulate lava as its own personal weapon.
- Its unknown if it can summon meteors.
- The G-Rank Crimson Fatalis is officially known as MHF-G's Evilest Elder Dragon/MHF-G's Most Evil Elder Dragon.
- Its eyes are unfazed by lava and said to be scorching hot.
- The third horn on the top of the Crimson Fatalis' embodies the rage of the Crimson Fatalis.
- The scales of the G-Rank Crimson Fatalis' scales are burning hot.
- A single flap from the G-Rank Crimson Fatalis' wings instantly makes other monsters run and its wings have gone through a change from mutation.
- The jewel of the G-Rank Crimson Fatalis is beautiful and has a shine to it yet its very mysterious.
- A few of the G-Rank Crimson Fatalis items are that of the G-Rank Black Fatalis.
- Its Sword and Shield has a reputation for ending darkness and its power gathers at the sound of a roar.
- The Heavy Bowgun was built by reading ancient text though how it works is a mystery.
- The Lance dispels darkness and the veins in this weapon begin to pound if a wyvern is near.
- To some fans, this hints at Crimson Fatalis still being alive and connecting it to White Fatalis.
- Crimson Fatalis' armor is a master of power though the power is very discomforting. The instant the armor is worn, the lust for darkness reigns. Each crack from this is a life of the fallen. The longer this armor is worn, the more you feel its spirit take control of you.
- Its Gunner Armor Set causes wordly thoughts to vanish and hallucinations. Drawings of this armor can be found in the Towers. It also causes hunters to feel dread.
- Crimson Fatalis also destroyed the Castle Schrade and is another monster that appears there.
- G Crimson Fatalis(MH4G) armor is the rage of the seven deadly sins.
- White Fatalis is just simply called the Ancestral Dragon. White Fatalis is also known as The Father of all Dragons.
- White Fatalis is quite different from the other two Fatalis and acts quite different from them though its appearance is really different. Though its different from the other two, it still possesses hunters like the other two Fatalis.
- White Fatalis is said to have the ability to call for other Origin Dragons, including the other two Fatalis.
- White Fatalis is sometimes called a King.
- In legend, White Fatalis appears in the Schrade Kingdom to reclaim its throne during an eclipse that blocks out the sun from the kingdom and wraps the kingdom in complete darkness.
- Its horns are charged at all times.
- Its body shines without light touching it.
- Once White Fatalis' eyes catch someone in their sight, it will rain down powerful crimson lightning on them.
- Its Bow is said to get rid of darkness and evil. Some of its weapons unlock the darkness in side a person's soul. The Dual Sword are an evil weapon.
- The armor can erase ones shadow and make them glow. The armor is also wrapped in mystery.
- White Fatalis is the rarest Elder Dragon in the series.
- Dire Miralis is known as The giant that birthed creation but is also known as the The devil that destroyed the world.
- Dire Miralis also known as the Incarnation of Disaster, which kind a connects it to Fatalis a little bit more.
- Dire Miralis is also said to be An Incarnation of the Black Dragon. Its said Dire Miralis was able to do the same amount damage Fatalis did before Dire Miralis started its path of destruction.
- Dire Miralis has sunk a few islands before, which are now at the bottom of the sea.
- After that massive war with the people of the Tainted Sea, it went back to the deepest parts of the sea. Dire Miralis may have been recovering while in the sea. Its heart shall continue beating even when it dies and Dire Miralis can actually be reborn from its heart and regenerate just from its heart alone. Dire Miralis is immortal and its said that it can live longer than other Elder Dragons.
- The stuff that comes out of Dire Miralis is a magma-like substance. The reason why its glowing parts swirl is because of the magma fluids flowing through its body. From this like the Fatalis brothers, its considered unnatural like them.
- Its wings have changed into special organs used for releasing magma. Its wings are also used for ejecting liquid magma in the air, the fire when it summons meteors. The meteors come from space, just like Crimson Fatalis'.
- Dire Miralis was just recently discovered and was only thought to be a legend though some of the Guild was hiding that from the hunters along with the rest of the Guild.
- Dire Miralis tainted the sea from its heat, which caused the water to boil, killing all living things in the sea around it and dying the water in blood.
- Dire Miralis is described to be a Living Underwater Volcano.
- The Guild Master in Tanzia knew about Dire Miralis and is the Lighthouse Keeper and he may have even known about Fatalis. He is also one of the who survived while also facing off against Dire Miralis.
- The lighthouse was possibly built several decades ago and was built to worship the beast.
- The few that survived after Dire Miralis attacked made Tanzia Port around the Tainted Sea, just in case Dire Miralis ever came back and if they ever had to defeat it again.
- Its scales are fiery black and is called Burning Flower for its eerie beauty.
- Miralis Fireback is made of a magma-like fluid that's hot to the touch.
- Most hunters usually only see a Dire Miralis' eye before they die.
- Its smelter is a burning hot core from its hips. A magma-like substance swirls inside it.
- A Dire Dragongem is from crystallized magma.
- The very hellfire from some of its weapons threaten the very world.
- Its Long Sword is said to light the world in blazing fire for seven days and nights.
- Some talk about the ninth circle of hell.
- The Gunlance is said to belong to the lord of hell's night circle.
- Its Switch Axe hints at Dire Miralis' Resurrection.
- Its armor is worn by the slayer of Dire Miralis, the lord of hellfire and calamity.
- The Merphistophelin has been known in history for many decades by different generations. In all of them, it is just known as a Devil or Destroyer.
- Much like Fatalis, it destroyed a whole civilization and is called the End of Days (Chinese 末日浩劫).
- According to researchers, it has a powerful energy at the of its core chest. This allows it to use all known elements but, not all at one.
- It uses all the elements so it can survive in any environment.
- The Merphistophelin can be angered quite easily. When angered, it will try to destroy anything and everything in its path until it calms down.
- It is described to be an overconfident to all other monster species it encounters, not taking them seriously in a fight, unless angered, from this Elder Dragon being high in the food chain.
- Its appearance has lead to monsters being evicted from their natural homes, becoming problems for settlements.
- Alatreon is nicknamed the Elder Dragon that is even feared by Gods.
It is even sometimes called The King of Darkness and The Strongest Elder Dragon.
- Its shell has the ability to cause attacks to bounce on impact and protect the whole body from attacks.
- With some Alatreon, their shell isn't affected by attacks.
- Alatreon scales grow backwards and are as sharp as blades.
- Each of the scales have all four elements.
- Its talons are so sharp no one can even predict their strength and its talons can call forth images of terrible weapons made from it.
- Alatreon's wings are dark, even when light shines on them.
- It is rumored that the wings can cut through time and space to destroy the whole world. *The horns are able to cut through the sky and can even destroy some of the toughest rocks.
- The horns are even said to cut through space and time though that is only a rumor.
- Those who have the legendary Azure Dragongem is said to bring a swift end to those who possess it while the even more legendary Azure Dragonsphire is said to those who discover it heralds the end of the world.
- Alatreon actually doesn't appear in legends or any form of documents, so it was never known. Alatreon was only somewhat discovered by geological researchers studying the Sacred Land due to airships that crashed there until finally Alatreon destroyed another airship and was finally seen as threat to the Guild as a Living Natural Disaster.
- Due to Alatreon's varying appearance, when it changed forms, it made it less believable that it even exist.
- Though it has no legends or documents, Alatreon may have been known since the 1st Generation, alongside Fatalis, by the Hunter's Guild.
- Interestingly, Alatreon was thought to be some type of Origin Dragon, much like the Fatalis Brethren.
- After Alatreon's discovery, the Hunter's Guild silently kept this monster's presence from being known. This was to prevent panic.
From how ancient the Sacred Land is it could be estimated that Alatreon is quite ancient itself.
- Alatreon could even be close to Dire Miralis in age.
- Alatreon's, like most other Elder Dragons, ecology is unknown.
- Its said though to harness four elements in its body. Alatreon can cause blizzards, storms, rain fire, and lightning storms as its natural disasters which can all be seen in the Sacred Land while fight it.
- Compared to other Elder Dragons, Alatreon have immense elemental power in their body that is constantly produced, no matter what its mood and intentions are.
- Even if Alatreon dies, its body is said to continue producing this power.
- Alatreon is 3105.cm long.
- Its been rumored that there is an Alatreon Subspecies and this has been hinted at throughout the 3rd Generation.
- Supposedly, if its real, it has the ability to produce blue flames and has white scales that sparkle with blue flames.
- Supposedly, its title is Shining Blue Dragon (Japanese 煌蒼龍).
- Alatreon's home, the Sacred Land, has no other species in it, including plants. It is like a living hell of another world.
- This suggest that whenever Alatreon appears in an area, that it'll eventually turn a land into a barren wasteland from its unstable power.
- Disufiora is the only known organism to be living in the World's End and the area was discovered on the Large Exploration Ship.
- Interestingly, Disufiora was known before but was forgotten for unknown reasons until being rediscovered.
- Its suggested that Disufiora and Shantien are enemies and that volcano area where Shantien was last fought is not to far away from the World's End.
- Unlike Alatreon, it actually has faint ancient documents about it.
- It actually can control fire and ice at the same time. Its able to use ice by using cold air and ultra heated fire produced by itself. Its said that fire and ice is constantly conflicting with each other when it does its attacks.
- Its pretty much a mystery how its able to produce and perform such powerful attacks but it is believed that it may have not completely mastered its powers.
- Disufiora and Alatreon are believed to have the same ancestor.
- The red scales are hot and burning while the white scales are cold and freezing.
- Its huge horn has the ability to control cold air and make ice.
- Disufiora's claws are said to burn through all that it tears through.
- There are large amounts of scars on Disufiora's wing membrane yet they don't lose any of their strength or power in their wings.
- Disufiora is shockingly smaller than Alatreon yet still more powerful.
- Disufiora's concept was basically a monster that was meant to be strong and made to look strong.
- Gaia Dragon is an Elder Dragon, despite its look.
- Gaia Dragon gets its name because of its strange ecology.
- It is commonly called the Earth Dragon(アースドラゴン) from its three life cycle stages: Juvenile - Ground Dragon(グラウンドドラゴン), Adolescent - Earth Dragon(アースドラゴン), and Adult - Gaia Dragon(ガイアドラゴン).
- While young, a Gaia Dragon has a pair of wings it uses to fly to certain environments. These wings are used to help it fly from environment to environment, in order figure out which environment, or area, it wants to spend its whole life in. Once an environment is chosen, the Gaia Dragon will live in the area and it will slowly adapt to that particular area as well. Depending on the environment it has chosen to live in or its diet, its body will change to fit with the area as it grows older.
- Several, or more, subspecies of Gaia Dragon have been found to be living in different environments from each other.
- The wings will slowly petrify as it gets older, becoming a huge pair of thorns.
- Some of the things Gaia Dragons are known to eat include poisonous plants, lava, and obsidian. It is also suggested that they do eat meat.
- These Elder Dragons are rarely seen by humans due to how well these beasts camouflage in their environment, especially the forest species. It is recommend to not look for these Elder Dragons from them being known to kill great numbers of people easily, including the most experienced of hunters.
- Their even nicknamed the Jaws of Death since meeting one is almost immediate death.
- Gaia Dragons are able to breath various substances from their maws, depending on their diet or environment, and petrified skin is known to fall off as they fight, crushing foes. Gaia Dragons will even use their environment to their advantage to fight.
- Seems Gaia Dragon was the foundation for Lao-Shan Lung, before Lao-Shan Lung was even made.
Unclassified/??? Monster Class
Subspecies That Aren't Really Subspecies
Azure Rathalos-Pink Rathian and Silver Rathalos-Gold Rathian
- The Rath Subspecies and the Rath Rare Species are not really Subspecies, they are just a genetic mutation of the Raths. Their color comes from their ancestors.
- Black Gravios is black in color due to it being burnt up by lava while it was still a Basarios combined with large amounts of heat. From being black in color, it absorbs more heat and holds large amounts of heat inside its body which is why it shoots its beams and releases gas more often.
- Khezu are genetic defects though can be considered as albinos. Red Khezu on the other hand are normal individuals.
- Baleful Gigginox are genetic defects that can't produce Giggi like Gigginox. Their electrical abilities come from their ancestor, which it shares with Khezu.
Plum Daimyo Hermitaur
- Daimyo Hermitaur individuals that have changed color due to them feeding on unusual foods.
Terra Shogun Ceanataur
- Shogun Ceanataur individuals that have changed color due to them feeding on unusual foods.
- Its not exactly confirmed what Emerald Congalala is though the Guild has many theories. One common theory is that Emerald Congalala live a solitary life, suggesting that they may have lost their troop. A newer theory is that Emerald Congalala is possibly a Congalala that is trying to appeal to a Conga group so it can become their new leader. Other theories vary such as certain diets or molting though we may never know, at least not very soon.
- Copper Blangonga are said to be lone Blangonga that lost their troop and went to the Desert or Blangonga that have become strong enough to live a completely solitary life.
- Goldbeard Ceadeus are old Ceadeus. Their color is said to be due to the luminous bacteria, making Goldbeard glow a gold color. From them being extremely bright, its said that they live in deeper waters. Its eyes are even covered by its huge horns now plus they rarely or never surface for air.
- Black Diablos are female Diablos in heat. Their colors are used to tell other creatures to avoid them due to them being a lot more aggressive during their time in heat.
- Doragyurosu are Berukyurosu that's element has changed for unknown reasons. Its said that these Berukyurosu have somehow learnt how to use the Dragon Element.
- Purple Ludroth are Royal Ludroth that have gained poison somehow but its unknown how and why. Purple Ludroth from this poison don't attempt to swim from the poison polluting the water and are known to stray from large water sources.
Ivory Lagiacrus and Abyssal Lagiacrus
- Ivory Lagiacrus are Lagiacrus that have consumed large amounts of quartz, hardening their shell and giving them their white color. This also allows Ivory Lagiacrus to release their electrical charges on land and protects them from their own charges on land. This allows them to spend more time on land.
- Abyssal Lagiacrus are much stronger Lagiacrus/Ivory Lagiacrus individuals(Applies for both)that have been able to survive longer than usual and that are stronger than others of their kind. Its said that their feeding habits change and by being bigger it hinders them on land.
- Rebidiora are Rukodiora that are overcharged with electricity.
- Shah Dalamadur are a Dalamadur after molting.
- The Dragon Element is a mysterious, unknown element manipulated by all Elder Dragons and used by some powerful Wyverns.
- The Dragon Element is primarily used by Elder Dragons with just their physical attacks. This Dragon Element affects the amount of damage an enemy takes depending on their resistance to the element. This also applies to Elder Dragons since certain parts of an Elder Dragon can't be cut without the element.
- Noticeably, most Wyverns and most Elder Dragons are weak to the element while most other monsters from other classes are not bothered by it. There are some exceptions here and there but not very many.
- Oddly, Dragonfell Berries and even some ore have similar properties to the Dragon Element that most Wyverns and Elder Dragons dislike. The berries can be eaten to gain a boost in resistance and power can even be gained from them.
- That's how the Dracophage Bugs gain power from the berries and Stygian Zinogre uses them to boost its own Dragon Element.
- The Dragon Element on weapons is a power that directly attacks the mind and consciousness of the monster. The more intelligent and sentient the monster, the more damage the element does to the monster.
- Many horrid things have been said to happen to hunters that use the element such as becoming an enemy to the world.
- Nothing really good is attached to this element generally so it really is only called a Dark or Demonic Element.
- It has been found that there are other ways to get a chemical reaction from the Dragon Element without weapons. With special technology the Dragon Element can be used for the Demolisher and Bowgun Ammo.
- The skill, Peak Peformance, seems to have a connection to the element and even Elder Dragons.
- The idea of the element seems to have come from the Dragonslayers.
- Like the name of this civilization implies, they were found thriving in ancient times as an advanced civilization, beyond what we see today in the MH World, before they disappeared mysteriously.
- In reality, the Ancient Civilization was humans.
- Throughout many different lands are ruins left behind by this civilization. On some of these ruins are plans for weapons or, rarely, some information about the mysterious Elder Dragons.
- Some of the weapons include the Dragonator, cannons, Crimson Fatalis weapons, and possibly more.
- The Mezeporta district has recently allowed some hunters to explore the Sky Corridor for information on making powerful equipment by using the many treasures and clues left in the tower.
- Rapid fire on a modern Bowgun is impossible to do, however, rapid fire is possible on an ancient Bowgun.
- Besides writing on their ruins, some documents have been found belonging to the Ancient Civilization. On these documents are monsters that have either been identified or not identified, secrets to certain equipment, and there is belief that it could give us more backstory about them.
- In Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate, these documents were used to discover some new species or some special monsters. It turned out that the Ancient Civilization knew about these monsters long before they were even discovered by the Hunter's Guild or hunters for that matter. This suggest that there is still more we don't know about.
- The Ancient Civilization were able to do something that is considered forbidden today. They were able to make their own life forms with both technology and biology.
- To make their own life forms, the ancients used technology and materials to build it from scratch. However, the life of another life form would need to be taken in order to make a new life form.
- In the Hunter's Encyclopedia 1, it is mentioned magic is not a part of the MH World.
- The first new life form they ever made was the Equal Dragon Weapon, a bio weapon. This life form required about thirty horses worth of wyverns, or dragons. This means hundreds of wyverns, or dragons, were needed to make only one Equal Dragon Weapon. To make it worse, the more blood this titan shed in battle than its own life would extend further.
- They were also called the Wyvern Machine Solider.
- This could explain why Elder Dragons are so rare right now.
- It is possible Duremudira could be a creation of the ancients since it has no class thus far.
- Due to this new life form requiring death of all those lives, it angered all the dragons. This eventually led to a war between humans and dragons from the ancients making more of them, killing more dragons.
- This war was started because, the dragons were sick of their kind being used by humanity as near cattle and were angered by the fact that humans forgot the rules of nature. They than decided to breakaway from humans and destroy humanity.
- The Great Dragon War happened way before the games.
- This war spread worldwide where dragons faced off against humans, leaving massive destruction just about everywhere.
- This war ended violently with most of the dragons extinct and with Ancient Civilization gone for good.
- Most of the Ancient Civilization's work is gone now, seemingly erased from history. Only real things left about them are ancient documents and ruins that give some insight on what they could make.
- The Guild gives request to hunters and they are an organization that manages the monster population.
- The Guild's purpose or objective is to prevent damage to the monster populations so they can prevent other monsters species from going extinct like many other monster species before now. Due to this the Guild keeps tabs on the monster populations in areas and prevent hunters from taking the same quest more than once, unless it is necessary to do so. However, if the monster threatens lives, towns, cities, etc. than hunters are allowed to hunt it to prevent its destruction, even if the monster is rare, as long as the monster is at least repelled or slain.
- There are large number of Guild districts that are known to us such as the ones in Minegarde Town, Dundorma, Loc Lac City, Port Tanzia, Val Habar, and Mezeporta. Each one mentioned is its own district interestingly. Each district manages certain hunting grounds though some districts share certain hunting grounds.
- The Guild accept requests not only to hunt monsters but to gather certain items for clients who are in their districts. This means the materials hunters get aren't always monster parts.
- Poaching is illegal to the Guild. Poaching can lead to a multitude of punishments but most commonly death at the hand of a Guild Knight or erased from the public without a trace.
- They try to protect the lives of the hunters as much as possible. One of the main ways is with the HR(Hunter Rank). Depending on a hunter's HR is the how harmless/dangerous a quest can get and to limit dangerous quests.
- This is also a way to limit hunting teams and to help avoid sending hunting teams in the same area or areas close to each other.
- If hunters are extremely skilled, along with Guild Knights, they will be sent to do secret requests or investigations for extremely dangerous monsters. They will do these quests secretly so it won't cause a panic to the public, so they get a better understanding of said situation because in some cases it is just a false alarm, and so the Guild can come up with the proper actions needed to protect the truth or the public without causing a panic.
- Three good examples are the Fatalis Brethren, Nargacuga, and Akantor.
- Almost each district has a Guild Master that manages the district though not all of them are the best managers... Some cities and towns even have their complaints about them.
- The Guild is almost completely unified ethics/culture wise.
- It was revealed in MH3 where all our items, materials, equipment, etc. is held. The items and materials are stored in a storage room while our equipment is stored in the weapon shop to be cleaned and taken care of by the workers.
- The Hunter's Guild was organized from the development of trading.
- The Four Swords of the Guild has four meanings.
- Respect for nature(North).
- Prosperity from nature(West).
- Crafting from nature(South).
- Life as a community(East).
- Kokoto's Chief and other Wyverians started the hunting career. Though hunting was their primary job, it slowly changed overtime to other objectives, such as delivering items and escorting travelers. This eventually led to the Hunter's Guild appearing to fill in many of those requests with hunters.
- Hunters have wide knowledge and a high exercise capacity, so this is a field of work not to many people can take part in.
- Most people become hunters so they can gain wealth, fame, a better living, or other reasons. Some even become hunters to sneak out of crimes they've done.
- Though the Hunter's Guild is nearly all over the place, it is actually illegal in some places that disagree with their ways. This is partially due to not blaming others being a main part of the organization.
- Hunters are only allowed to hunt monsters by the Hunter's Guild's orders. If the hunters try to do a secret request, or an order from another organization, it is treated as poaching.
- This shows that hunters can't let their greed get to them easily.
- Even though that's the case, hunters can take request from other hunters that have failed a quest.
- The Hunter's Guild has three ranks for hunters: Low-rank, High-rank, and G-Rank.
- Low-rank Hunters are the most common of hunters. These ranked hunters don't hunt very strong monster individuals and do different types of quest besides hunting.
- High-rank Hunters are truly observed by the Hunter's Guild. They do a lot more quests that involve hunting, including quest that require special permits. High-rank Hunters not only hunt strong monster individuals but also Subspecies and Rare Species.
- G-rank Hunters are the rarest hunters. These hunters were able to slay either an Elder Dragon or an Elder Dragon-Level Monster, becoming recognized by not only the Hunter's Guild but also all districts of it.
- Only a small number of G-rank Hunters actually exist in the Monster Hunter World.
- These hunters hunt the hardest of monsters, including some newer species, while searching for unidentified species that have been reported.
- Hunters are 175cm tall.
- It is unknown if this also applies for female hunters.
- The Hunter Arts come from various places in the Monster Hunter World.
- Hunters originally came up with the idea for these arts. With help from the Hunter's Guild's research, technology, and gathered information, the Hunter Arts were incorporated into hunts for hunters.
- The Hunting Instructor is trusted to now gather information from various places about the Hunter Arts.
The Hunting Styles are very much like the Hunter Arts, using the hunter's weapon in battle. Through cooperation and work, done day by day, the Hunting Styles were created.
- The Hunter's Guild continues to collect information about the styles, which hunters share with them.
- Striker Style (Japanese ストライカースタイル): Striker Style is considered to be advance due to it specializing in the Hunter Arts.
- Guild Style (Japanese ギルドスタイル): Guild Style is the main style used by many hunters and has further advanced recently.
- Aerial Style (Japanese エリアルスタイル): Aerial Style comes from Beruna Village. It is a way used by Bherna's people to transverse the mountainous peaks of their home.
- Adept Style (Japanese ブシドースタイル): Adept Style came from the Eastern parts of the Siki Country.
Other Pieces of Lore
- Elder Dragon Observation Team
- Hunter's Guild
- Royal Paleontology Scriveners
- Many different monsters can be found living in other areas though not in-game like Kushala Daora in the Great Forest and Lagiacrus in the Primal Forest.
- Some monsters are completely unknown so some like the Unknown (Black Flying Wyvern) and Duremudira might not be put on this page.
- Monsters from Monster Hunter Online might take longer to post and learn about due to the game not being officially released yet.
- Some of the Subspecies and Rare Species aren't truly Subspecies but instead a variant or in some cases a mutation.
- The Monster Hunter World has the same animals as we have in our world such as lions, eagles, deer, horses etc. The monsters we hunt are rare.
- Some monsters that appear in a different region such as the New World Rathalos are considered as a Subspecies different from the others in another region.
- Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate suggests that some monsters in changing regions may also change from what they once were.
- Back in older times, Elder Dragons were a lot more common but their numbers greatly decreased due to the Ancients and their Dragon Technology.
Suggestions, Questions, and Theories
- You guys can give suggestions, ask questions, and make up some theories about something if you want, even post them on here. Anyway, enjoy learning about the monsters!