Hello, and welcome to Monster Appreciation Week!
This week we look at the Sickle Crab, Shogun Ceanataur!
Monster Hunter Generations Equipment
Interesting Facts About Shogun Ceanataur
- Order: Decapoda
- Infraorder: Brachyura
- Superfamily: Sickle Crab
- Family: Ceanataur
- Shogun Ceanataur are highly adaptable creatures and are believed to be able to survive in areas that Daimyo Hermitaur can. Despite this they are found in harsher environments.
- They prefer areas with dark caves like the Swamps.
- Shogun Ceanataur are pretty quite and prefer to keep to themselves but when threaten they turn into killers.
- The sickles stay hidden until its angered and it feels it needs to use them.
- Shogun Ceanataur lack the defense of Daimyo Hermitaur but make up for by having a good offense and weapons. From this lighter armor, it seems they are faster than your normal Daimyo Hermitaur.
- The water it shoots from its skull is actually urine.
- Secretly, some hunters are sent to hunt them due to their meat being a favorite food for some people but finding hunters willing to get their meat is hard.
- As they get older, their venom glands lose their function and most don't even use them anymore but some individuals have been found using them.
- Just like the Plum Daimyo Hermitaur, the Terra Shogun Ceanataur is a Shogun Ceanataur that has been feeding on unusual foods that changed its color to this magma red.
- Terra Shogun Ceanataur will always look for a Monster Skull instead of a strange shell, possibly due to their color. They are usually found wearing Black Gravios Skulls but will wear other types of skulls.
- A Terra Shogun Ceanataur's armor is harder than a normal Shogun Ceanataur's but is sometimes described to be weak in some ways.
Shogun Ceanataur's BGM
|MH2/MHFU/MHF-G/MHGen: Marshlands Theme|
|Title||Shogun Ceanatur Intro|
|Title||MH Frontier: HardCore Shogun Ceanataur Preview|
|Title||MHFU: Gameplay (Gunlance)|
|Title||MH Frontier: HardCore Shogun Ceanataur|
|Title||MHX ユニさんのショウグンギザミ【ランス】 MH Generations -Shogun Ceanataur-|