Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Hello, and welcome to Monster Appreciation Week!
This week we look at the subspecies that we rarely talk about, Ruby Basarios!
Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Equipment
Interesting Facts About Ruby Basarios
- Order: Saurischia
- Suborder: Wyvern Feet
- Infraorder: Carapace Wyvern
- Superfamily: Armor Wyvern
- Family: Armor Wyvern
- Basarios is the juvenile form of Gravios.
- It gets its title, Rock Wyvern, do to it being as stiff as a rock.
- Basarios hides underground for camouflage. Hiding helps it hide from predators and allows it to ambush prey. Basarios are known to feed on Nepteron and other small prey.
- Their shell is inferior to a Gravios’ shell due to their shell still being underdeveloped. Despite this their shell is still very powerful.
- Inside a Basarios’ stomach is a special bacteria that processes ore in the stomach, allowing Basarios to get nutrients from the ore. This bacteria also helps develop more powerful armor for the growing Basarios.
- Sometimes eating ore just doesn’t give them the nutrients they need so they feed on live prey for proper nutrition occasionally.
- Basarios are mostly found living in volcanic regions though can also be found living in swamps and forest areas.
- Commonly, Basarios are found to have some volcanic properties on their shell.
- Occasionally, some Basarios are burnt badly by lava causing them to be charred black in color. This color is known to follow them for their whole life.
- To kill prey and protect themselves, Basarios will use a powerful toxin released as a gas onto the ground.
- Basarios usually can’t breath beams of fire so instead just expel fire or spit hot flames. Some more powerful Basarios are able to breath beams more often than others, suggesting that they are older.
- Often ore can be found on a Basarios’ head and tail.
- If their shell is destroyed, hunters maybe able to find ore hidden under the rocky shell.
- Basarios Tears are faintly pink gems found near the tear ducts of a Basarios.
- Basarios are targeted by many poachers.
- Ruby Basarios are a subspecies of Basarios for right now.
- From Ruby Basarios being recently discovered, the Guild don’t know much about them.
- Their title, Peach Rock Wyvern, comes from their appearance.
- Due to the crystals on Ruby Basarios’ back, it has better camouflage than Basarios and an extra weapon. It will shake the crystals off its body to deal damage to any nearby threats for defense.
- Ruby Basarios are rare to find so the Guild is always looking for new specimens and reports on them.
- Ruby Basarios’ ecology is pretty much the same as Basarios’, however, the Guild’s main question is if it keeps the crystals as it gets older or loses them.
- HC Basarios are said to be special individuals.
- Rarer individuals even are able to send rocks filled with poison gas around them as a trap against threats.
|Title||Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate - Ruby Basarios|