Hello and welcome to the Discussion of the Week!
This week we look at the classic Japanese Monster Polls!
Most of these polls are old, so some of these could be different now. Some of these may also make you go WTF?! when you read them.
Most Popular Returning Monsters in MH4U
Let's start off with these three! Azure Rathalos, Tigrex, and Brute Tigrex are the most popular returning monsters in MH4U! In 1st Place, Azure Rathalos makes us and wish pray for Flash Bombs while both Tigrex just blow us away with their glorious roars!
Most Popular Returning Monsters in MH3U
So we got Barioth, Diablos, and Qurupeco for this one! The Barioth is just simply a badass Flying Wyvern to put it simply! Diablos is a brute that is still a raging, steroids induced killing machine! Qurupeco is just Qurupeco, though it is still our favorite troll!
Most Popular MH4U Subspecies
The 1st Place and 3rd Place ones I like but, 2nd Place is just... I don't have words for that honestly.
Most Popular Volcanic Monsters
The three living hell flames of the Monster Hunter universe! Teostra the King, Akantor the Tyrant, and Agnaktor the Sun God! You just can't go wrong with the volcano's hell storm!
Most Popular Flying Wyverns
Here is one that might make people say WTF?!. That's right, Khezu was the most popular Flying Wyvern series back than! I know, amazing right? Sitting alongside Khezu was its cousin, Gigginox, and the hiding infant of Gravios, Basarios! I hope this sinks in well for you guys! :)
Most Popular New Monsters from MH4
See? Shagaru Magala is popular! I love that this little poll has Gore Magala in 2nd Place and the almighty Konchu in 3rd Place, when we all know that Konchu should be in 1st Place! Why should Konchu be in 1st Place? Because We All Praise the God-like words of Konchudrome!
Most Popular Flagship Monsters
Before the Fated Four came along, these three were the most popular Flagship Monsters: Nargacuga, Zinogre, and Kushala Daora! Nargacuga is the ninja that all of us want to be! Zinogre is the ruler that rules all and dominants in battle! Kushala Daora is a living storm that can't be stopped from its force! Back than, these were the go to Flagship Monsters for fans!
Most Popular Subspecies of Flagship Monsters
I love these three! That's all I can really say!
Most Popular Returning and New Monsters in MH4U
1st Place = Fun and Speedy, 2nd Place = Terrifying and Demonic, and 3rd Place = Classic Final Boss!
Most Popular Elder Dragons
I know people saw this one coming from a mile away! Amatsu is the most popular Elder Dragon in the series, though Kirin was popular for the longest for one reason! Them good ole Kirin Girls! :)
Most Popular Rare Species
Monster Hunter Generations Popularity Poll
11 - 51
- 11: Kushala Daora
- 12: Lagiacrus
- 13: Tigrex
- 14: Gore Magala
- 15: Teostra
- 16: Gammoth
- 17: Deviljho
- 18: Shagaru Magala
- 19: Arzuros
- 20: Brachydios
- 21: Akantor
- 22: Rathian
- 23: Rajang
- 24: Chameleos
- 25: Lagombi
- 26: Khezu
- 27: Yian Garuga
- 28: Seregios
- 29: Royal Ludroth
- 30: Lavasioth
- 31: Agnaktor
- 32: Great Maccao
- 33: Najarala
- 34: Uragaan
- 35: Plesioth
- 36: Zamtrios
- 37: Duramboros
- 38: Tetsucabra
- 39: Daimyo Hermitaur
- 40: Kecha Wacha
- 41: Bulldrome
- 42: Ukanlos
- 43: Shogun Ceanataur
- 44: Gypceros
- 45: Seltas Queen
- 46: Nibelsnarf
- 47: Seltas
- 48: Volvidon
- 49: Cephadrome
- 50: Gendrome
- 51: Blangonga
This is the most recent poll they've done, which went from 1 to 51 Places!
2012 Monster Hunter Frontier Poll
What? You thought I was going to leave out Frontier and act like they don't have polls too? You all must be crazy! Anyway, back before MHF-G, Berukyurosu was the most popular monster in Frontier alongside its Subspecies, Doragyurosu, in 2nd Place! This poll is where the classics truly shine, including Lavasioth!
2014 Monster Hunter Frontier G Poll
- 11: Yian Kut-Ku
- 12: Rathian
- 13: Uruki and Gurenzeburu
- 14: Baruragaru and Rukodiora
- 15: Odibatorasu and Gogomoa
- 16: Kirin
- 17: Lunastra
- 18: Lavasioth, Taikun Zamuza, and Kushala Daora
- 19: Inagami, Shantien, Tigrex, Dyuragaua
- 20: Lao-Shan Lung
I'm not going to say anything about this poll because they do it for me! That's right, they give reasons why these monsters were choosen so I'll tell them to you all for fun!
- Mutiple Rage Modes
- A balance of strength and flashy attacks
- The tension it brings as it is.
- The powerful equipment
- Its cool appearance
- A balance of power and evasion in battle
- Its appearance and design
- The attacks it performs
- Its immense strength
- A sense of achievement after defeating it
- Its equipment
- The crystal attacks
- Its ability to change its form
- Being a representive for MHF-G on Wii U and PS3
- Its more aggressive style compared to Rukodiora
- The many hunters needed to hunt it down
- Cooperation needed for it to die
- Its unique part breaking
- A monster that truly shows how Frontier is different from the Main Series
- Its AI
- A classic
- A wall for lower rank players
- A classic
- Its mood change
- Unique movements
- Demonic speed
- Did any of these polls make you go WTF?! or shock you?
- Do you hope Capcom does polls like this in the west?
- Which monsters do you think deserve to be on these polls?
- Which monsters don't deserve to be on these polls?
- What kind of polls do you want to see happen?
- What kind of polls would you make?
- What monsters would you put into some of these polls, instead of the ones listed?
- Do you think these polls have changed yet since last time?