Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Hello and welcome to the Discussion of the Week!
This week we look at some of the Hidden Monsters in the series!
Let's start with the first generation! In MH1, hunters needed to make a piece of a certain armor set in order to unlock a monsters and, much like today, certain monsters were limited as Event Quest but, Yian Garuga takes the cake in Japan! Though it is in MHF1, Japan needed USB connectivity with Monster Hunter 2 to unlock it in MH2. To be fair, it was at least Yian Garuga was also an Event Quest!
This was an interesting generation to say the least! It had some ways to unlock monsters that was either ridiculous or just plain evil, especially the way White Fatalis was unlocked back in Dos! Dear god, who would even consider doing all that?!
So many! The 3rd Generation started with very few but, than suddenly had a large number in a short period of time. Some of which had a specific way they needed to be unlocked.
Well, dang! This is a lot of info! The 4th Generation had some ways of making you work for those quest and particular monsters, though Event Quest were still an option.
- Did any of them catch you off guard?
- Do some of the ways to unlock them seem a bit challenging?
- Do you prefer the monster to be in the game without having to wait long for an Event Quest?
- Do you like hidden secrets like this?
- Which of these monsters make the most sense to keep hidden?
- Do you think making certain pieces of armor could encourage players to search for more hidden bosses in future games?