Clan: The Warriors of Legend (Australian based).
MH3 Online Code: EZQ16K
Armours: Full Tigrex S, Tigrex X, Guardian Sprit Shin full, Dark Akantor, Auroros Goku, Full Lagia, Full Peco+, Full Doboruberuku, Barioth U, Jhen Mohran+.
Weapons: Mainly Longswords in MHFU, Switch Axe in MH3/P3rd, but good with Hammers/Hunting Horns as well as most weapons. I had to become good with all weapons to finish Battle Training. Wailing Cleaver Shin, Knockout Dragonsword, Regulation Gunhammer, Great Nova, Lost Black Katana, Killer's Scythe, Akantor Horn, Aqua Guardian, Gold Recorder+, Wyvern Blade "Camellia", High Bolt Axe, Inceadeus, Final Barioth SA, Final Jinouga SA.
I don't know how I got the name TigrexJeff. My alias is Jeff, and Tigrex are just plain awesome, plus I can kick their ass :P Record: 15 mins G-Rank Tiggy.
Online? Yes, I am online at the moment... I have a PS3, and I do have a Wii. Downloaded Adhoc Party!! WOOHOO!
Collecting any MH3G guides I can get my hands on. :D I may not want the game, and I could write a lengthy paragraph on why, but I do want to help the wiki and I enjoy the new content added with each instalment.
Goals for the WikiEdit
To edit where I can, and also provide comprehensive guides on Generation 1-3 monsters, each specified to the game and weapon.
Progression in MHP3rdEdit
Alright! :D Well, first off, obviously, I began the game. Focused mainly on SA, but obtained an Ice LS to help out here and there before I get Bari's Axe.
I beat the Village quests, and beat Jhen Mohran a few times... got 4 Earth Dragongems. lolwut?
Now going through Guild quests, a bit tougher than expected, but I still pwned Jinouga in that urgent.
I'm taken with all the armours. :3 They're all so epic, apart from Rangu armour. That's just plain weird. But Pumpkin armour looks like some funny s**t right there. :P
High Rank baby! (Funny note: I murdered several Kelbi in order to make a SA powerful enough to kick Narga's ass with some ease... but those poor Kelbi's TT.TT)
Pushing through High Rank one step at a time... rather big steps, I must say. Skipped any kind of armour in the first high rank and am now just a few pelts away from full Barioth U armour. :P It may not have brilliant skills, but it has high rank defense and that's what I need. (I've killed so many Barioth I should probably write a guide on one of them...)
Alright! Burst through into HR 6, and have beaten down Silver Los, Gold Ian, Tigrex, Black Tigrex and Deviljho! :D I'm working on Jho's LS as a substitute Dragon Element weapon, and I'm working on Gold Ian's Gunner armour so I can begin collecting Bows. :P
Grrr, Gold Ian refuses to give up one more Golden Spike, and that's all I need to complete the Gunner set. Played with Alex and Plex recently, Alex unlocked Alatreon and we took him down in 15 minutes. xD I used fully upgraded Barioth SA, Plex used the final Deviljho LS and Alex used Morpheus Knife. Take a guess at what tactic we used. xP
My Gunning career has begun, and I'm currently focusing on re-acquiring my Zenny. I spent a lot on upgrading my Jhen Mohran bow, and now I'm not sure what items I have to make Jhen+ Blademaster armour. :/
I'm wondering about picking up the 'versatile' Gunlance class. :P If I decide upon importing 3G and a Jap 3DS I'd try and make the most of it, so that means practising with all different weapons.
I have returned. o,O Completed my Jhen Mohran+ armour, look like a boss, and have basically set about filling in the gaps of what's left quest wise.
Ideas for Hunting in GroupsEdit
- Make sure that at least one person in the group, if you're playing with four people, is a gunner. 3 Melee attackers is enough so that 2 can go in to begin, then when they recover the 3rd melee attacker comes in and meanwhile the gunner is always dealing damage.
- For Lao-Shan Lung: For maximum damage on G-Rank Azure Lao, there is one sure-fire way to kill him. One member brings Azure Dual Blades (Final Lao-Shan duals) or one of close power; one member brings KO Dragonsword or a weapon of any type that rivals it in power; and one member brings Lunar Recorder. The HH user plays No Stamina Loss Hi, and the DS wielder immediately enters demonization on Lao's stomach. The LS (Which is recommended) user breaks Lao's horn, then proceeds to switch between stomach and head. The HH user meanwhile provides the rehearsals, and deals damage where they can. With the help of your Friendly Neighborhood Dragonator, Lao will fall. O.o
- For Uragaan: First off, get a team with some BALLS that will actually fight him. They all probably have good armour anyway, but just think he's tedious. Fighting Uragaan can be a pain, but there are ways to easily triumph. Hammer users are always appreciated, and KO'ing Ura gives other members a chance to strike. Gunners can help in dealing and healing, and can avoid much of Ura's attacks. LS are an O.K way to go for Ura, but only if the sharpness is high enough to avoid bouncing. They can aim for Ura's tail and underbelly. There is a simple way to avoid Ura's roly-poly attack: Stand at the entrance to the area. He will never roll past it. xD
- For Tigrex: There are many ways to team up on Tiggy, but the most enjoyable way for me is the way Shadow, Alex and I tried on our downloaded G-Rank Tiggy quest. In the Snowy Mountains or Desert, there is a small chance Tiggy will venture into an area where pitfall traps are applicable. Trapping Tigrex in a pitfall trap is close to the same effect pitfall traps have on Nargacuga - they last for AGES. If he is already in rage mode, this means damage will be dealt in higher amounts, and if you want to calm him down for a minute, a Hammer will do just the trick. On our hunt, I decided to bring along my thunder-element hammer, and ended up KO'ing him in the trap. T'was a brilliant hunt. :D
- For any hunt when more than one monster enters the area: This has happened countless times, and it always ends annoyingly. Me, I like to have fun and take both of them on until one decides to leave, but in an MH3 hunt, it's a little bit of a different situation when the other monster is a Deviljho. But on the topic of Deviljho, he has the potential to deal some useful damage to the other monster; this is the same for any pissed off monster. No realistic damage at that, and as we've all noticed, the monsters won't target each other directly, but it can help in desperate situations.
- Alatreon, MHP3rd - considerably weaker than his MH3 counterpart, this Ala can be taken down with two good weapons and a third weapon for ailment. Alex brought Morpheus Knife, or whatever the last G. Baggi SnS is called, and we each brought Barrel Bombs+ and more. Only getting him to sleep twice was enough to deal great damage, but unfortunately we didn't manage a second break on the head. :/ My Barioth SA came in handy when Ala entered his 'Blue' mode (have no idea what it's called.), and we flash bombed him out of the air. Plex's Jho LS dealt general damage to him when he was in 'Red' mode, and all in all it was very simple.
My Hunting GroupsEdit
MHFU - Shadow, Alex
MH3 - plexioth
MHP3rd - Plex, Alex
Jeff - Me. Hell yeah XD
I am writing a MH Fanfic called Monster Hunter Legends co-written with User:Plexioth- xD. Currently I'm working on some more backstories before I launch back into the main plotline.
More coming soon. Check it out Here!