Uragaan is covered in a lustrous gold-colored hide. Its back is lined with hard crystals and its chin is plated with a rock-like shell, suggesting the Uragaan has evolved a tough exterior due to life in volcanic regions. Its underbelly is covered in a sticky, tar-like substance which it uses to affix explosive rocks to itself.
Uragaan's signature ability is to roll its body into a wheel to increase its speed and agility. It will do this often in an attempt to crush the hunter. Uragaan may conduct either a short roll, or a longer one where it may roll in a figure eight for another stab at the hunter. It can also produce sleep gas or, when enraged, emit flames, much like Gravios. This will put Hunters to sleep or inflict Fireblight. The effect depends on the color: ghost-blue or red-orange respectively. Uragaan will use its large jaw to attack, primarily by slamming it into the ground. It may also attack with a wide tail sweep, which flings explosive rocks into the area. If this has been done, the next time Uragaan uses a heavy jaw smash, all explosive rocks in the area will explode in a manner similar to Barrel Bombs.
Other Non-Subspecies Forms
Main Article: Crystalbeard Uragaan
Main Article: Pumpkin Uragaan
A Variant of Uragaan that appears in Monster Hunter Explore.
Monster Hunter 3
|Item Name||Able||Effectiveness||Duration (1st time)||Duration (2nd time)||Notes|
|Sonic Bomb||✔||★☆☆||(Only works, in MHP3rd, when it's digging to roll around in area 6).|
|Dung Bomb||✔||★★☆||Used to get it to leave an area.|
Monster Hunter Portable 3rd
Information taken from mhp3rd.net
For the damage formula (how it's calculated), hitzone charts, Uragaan info and more click the following links: Monster Hunter 3 Damage Formula or Monster Hunter 3 Hitzone Charts. Images created by Inkoseh.
- Even when its jaw is wounded, it can still be used in battle and is able to make any nearby rocks to explode.
- When the tail is severed, its tail whip cannot dislodge and toss rocks; however the damage it deals by itself remains the same.
- When low on stamina, the Uragaan may go to Area 4 and eat off the rock shelf. It will also fall over after attempting to roll at the hunter.
- While enraged, Uragaan will huff black smoke, similar to Diablos while it's enraged.
- When explosive rocks are lying on the ground, they may be blown up simply by having Uragaan walk through them. Its chin will detonate the rocks, since it deals "damage" to them. Like other explosives, the hunter can also detonate these rocks, though it should be done from a safe distance.
- The rocks CAN hurt Uragaan. Uragaan is also capable of sending itself into rage mode when taking damage from rocks that it smashed.
- Uragaan may roll onto the rocks it has dislodged; either when a hunter lures it into one, or just by pure chance. There is a small chance that this will knock Uragaan onto its side, leaving it open for attack.
- Uragaan's roar requires Earplugs to block.
- Even though Uragaan is not in Monster Hunter 4, Uragaan materials are available via the Wycoon.
- In the mission "The Phantom Uragaan", the player fights an extremely small Uragaan. Despite its small size, it has the same statistics as a normal Uragaan. The music is also an altered version of the regular battle theme to suit the rather comic feel of fighting it.
- Uragaan gets a new steel blue subspecies.
- Now, when Uragaan falls onto its side, a hunter can mine Uragaan's back or underbelly with a pickaxe.
- When its jaw has been broken, it will become its weak-point.
- In G-rank, it can now chain its roll attack with a chin smash, while the Steel Uragaan can perform this move with an addition of soiling gas.
- Uragaan can now perform a single chin smash, rather than always chaining several together.
- Its back can be broken.