Ukanlos closely resembles Akantor in body structure and possesses the same quadrupedal gait. It has a silvery-white carapace which features a row of large, jagged fins along its back. It has a small, compact face which features glowing yellow eyes, sharp teeth, and a massive, shovel-like chin.
Its massive serrated shovel-like chin allows it to fling up large chunks of ice and to dig into the frozen icy surface. Once underground, the row of large razor sharp fins running along its spine help it to cut through the ice while swimming. It can produce an ice beam from its mouth, and is known to use its heavy body weight to crush opponents. Despite its great size and weight, Ukanlos is known to be able to leap significant distances.
Ukanlos lives a solitary life, and is fiercely territorial to any who intrude upon its land.
Ukanlos has only ever been encountered in remote, frozen regions. In the Old World, it has been found exclusively in the farthest reaches of the Snowy Mountains. In the New World, it has been sighted in the Polar Field, close to the sea.
|MHFU: Ukanlos Music Theme|
- Ukanlos's jaw, chest, front legs and back can be broken. Its tail can also be severed and carved twice.
- Many of its attacks are also used by Akantor.
- Melee fighters should not notice any real difference between fighting Akantor and Ukanlos, besides learning how to avoid its Swim attack and the falling chunks of ice caused by some attacks. Unlike Akantor, Ukanlos' "Standing Roar" does not causes the geysers to bursts from the ground around Ukanlos.
- The Ice Beam and shovel attacks are of no concern to melee fighters who are attacking the inside of its right leg.
- Ukanlos's Ice Crash (falling chunks of ice) attack somewhat homes to the nearest target before crashing onto them.
- Its tail swing (the snow dusts) has an additional effect of giving the 'Snowman Status'.
- Ukanlos' roar requires HG Earplugs to block and causes damage to hunters.
- All Ukanlos weapons have extremely high raw damage, but have -30% to -40% affinity which is opposite from its Akantor counterparts, and very poor Sharpness.
- Throwing a Sonic Bomb before its Ice Beam protrudes from its mouth will make it drop a shiny. It will also stagger. Doing this does not put the Ukanlos into Rage Mode.
- Ukanlos has the highest Reward payment; 60,000z.
- After defeating Ukanlos, hunters are awarded the 'Ukanlos Bead' for their Guild Card.
- Defeating Ukanlos allows the creation of 'G Weapons'. These are improved versions of Low or High Rank weapons.
- Defeating the Ukanlos will also allow the player to upgrade their Low and High Rank armor further to G-rank defense levels.
- Ukanlos does not get a pin attack.
- It will be fought in a new area that resembles a frozen cave, called the Polar Field.
- It has a new ice beam move, similar to Plesioth's Horizontal Water Blast. After the initial beam, a small twister is created and chunks of ice will be splashed out.
- When it roars, chunks of ice fall from the ceiling.
- It also gains a new attack where it launches three chunks of ice skyward while turning its body sharply to the right.
- If the Ukanlos does not do its swimming attack, a puff of snow will indicate where it will resurface.
- Ukanlos's quest will not appear unless all High-rank single hunt quests are completed.
- Ukanlos is the urgent quest required to unlock G-rank.
- It is noticeably smaller than it was before.
- Its underground swim attack is slower than was in older games.
- When in rage mode, it throws ice chunks at its left and right during the underground swim attack.