Tidal Najarala features a blue, yellow and grey hide lined with rows of purple and green spines.
Unlike the common relative Najarala, this subspecies can spit watery globules at its victims. It also develops a new attack using its shed-able scales; where it shoots out a water ball, which then quickly homes in on unwary hunters by rebounding through the scales left on the ground.
Tidal Najarala can be found in the Frozen Seaway, where it surprises unsuspecting prey by burrowing through the ice and utilizing its camouflage. The snake wyverns can also be found in more mild climate areas like the Everwood as well.
The prefix Tidal was intended by the localization team to evoke the aggressiveness and ruthlessness of the monster's behaviour.
MH4U Breakable Parts
- Tidal Najarala are larger than the regular Najarala.
- Tidal Najarala's roar requires HG Earplugs to block.
- The plates on its back and tail can be broken along with its face and back legs.
- It can be affected by the Frenzy Virus and Apex Status.
- It is the only subspecies in Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate that can be affected by the Apex Status.
- Apex Tidal Najarala's scales will cause a small virus wave when they are flung.
- During the localization process, potential name candidates for Tidal Najarala included Hydro Najarala and Aqua Najarala.