This variant appears to have a hide of a deep metallic blue, rather than the golden hide of the common species. It is speculated that this altered coloration is due to the monster feeding on different types of ores.
It can inflict the Soiled status using a sulfuric yellow gas and the rocks it tosses will burn for a few seconds after being thrown, inflicting additional fire damage if they hit a hunter before they settle on the ground. These will also release soiling gas when exploded.
The Steel Uragaan does not live in a completely different habitat to its counterpart. For most of its life it remains in the Volcano, and much like the regular Uragaan, it stays there because of the abundant source of ore. Surprisingly, Steel Uragaan can sometimes be found inhabiting the temperate Deserted Island.
Monster Hunter Portable 3rd
|Item Name||Able||Effectiveness||Duration (1st time)||Duration (2nd time)||Notes|
|Sonic Bomb||✔||★☆☆||(Only works when it's digging to roll around in Area 6)|
- To cut off its tail, you must break it first, then you have to make the tail flinch (Uragaan will lunge forward and whimper). You will then be able to cut its tail off after a few more hits.
- Steel Urugaan's roar requires Earplugs to block.
- Steel Uragaan gains a new homing roll attack, at the end of which it slams its chin into the ground and expels soiling gas.
- When low on stamina, Steel Uragaan will fail at expelling the gas.
- When it swishes its tail and throws off three giant rocks, it is capable of soiling the hunter unexpectedly and is recommended to stay away from Steel Uragaan and avoid the rocks as they're launched. Additionally, the rocks should be avoided when they are detonated.