Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Shogun Ceanataur's body is covered in a blue carapace. Its head is long and knife-shaped, and features a pair of lengthy antennae. Its folding claws act as sickles, and when fully extended add a significant amount of range to its reach. Shogun Ceanataur is known to inhabit a variety of shells, among them: A Gravios skull, a snail-like shell, and a skull belonging to an unknown wyvern.
Shogun Ceanataur is capable of firing a stream of pressurized water from its shell. In addition, it is able to climb on walls and ceilings, and can extend and retract its scythe-like claws.
Shogun Ceanataur is relatively docile, but will defend itself vigorously if threatened. It is often seen alongside a group of younger Ceanataur.
Other Non-Subspecies Forms
Hard Core (HC) Shogun Ceanataur
HC Shogun Ceanataur has its face and shell stained with poison as it keeps the poison spit it had as a juvenile, except as an adult it can spray poison as a sweeping beam and spit some from the Gravios shells they only wear. Behavior is more dangerous than before as it purposely causes quakes as it attacks to keep prey from moving (Quake Resist+2 required for safety).
Swordmaster Shogun Ceanataur
Main Article: Swordmaster Shogun Ceanataur
MHGen Breakable Parts
|Right Claw (x1)|
|Left Claw (x1)|
- When the first shell is broken, it is likely to dig underground almost immediately, and upon resurfacing, it will have another shell. Upon breaking it again, it will be rendered "shell-less" permanently.
- The large sharp claws can also be broken, decreasing its hit range and giving a better chance of rewards for Ceanataur Claws and Pincers. Breaking the claws will cause Shogun Ceanataur to enter permanent rage mode until killed or captured, however.
- Unlike the Daimyo Hermitaur, whose shell can only be broken by impact damage, Ceanataur's shell can be broken with any form of damage.
- The Gravios skull that the Shogun Ceanataur uses is noticeably bigger than the average Gravios head.
- Strangely, when it jumps to the ceiling, only its legs and shell tilts, meaning that its pincers are upside down in correspondence to its body when clinging to the ceiling.
- Once you break a Shogun Ceanataur's normal shell, it will flee underground and retrieve a new shell, most commonly a Gravios skull.
- It can only shoot its water beam when it is using a Gravios skull.
- When enraged its claws will extend, increasing its attack range.
- Shogun Ceanataur cannot be fought in Monster Hunter 4, but its items can be traded for, and used to make some Shogun Ceanataur styled equipment.
- Unlike in previous games, Shogun Ceanataur doesn't go in a permanent rage mode once its claws are broken.
- Shogun Ceanataur can only cause the Status Effect, Bleeding, when in Rage Mode.
- Shogun Ceanataur can be captured as a pet. Its favorite food is fish.
- This monster is unlocked at Level 35.