Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Identifiable by their grey skin, towering legs and the gigantic green-yellow balls of acid that they generate and hurl from the rear of their bodies. Shen Gaoren are so large they use a Lao-Shan Lung skull for protection. Their colossal size helps them to defeat most creatures. The diet of Shen Gaoren is unknown; however, it is likely to be omnivorous, like most real-life crabs.
Unlike the Lao-Shan Lung, Shen Gaoren will occasionally pause to attack the hunter directly, trying to slam one of its huge claws down upon an annoying hunter. It may do this twice or even 3 times before proceeding along its path through the valley (However, it only does this in the Town area while traveling through the first few zones).
Shen Gaorens are relatively passive by nature. They move about without noticing hunters; however, when enraged, it may attempt to attack hunters by using their huge sturdy claws or by moving their legs and pincers wildly.
Shen Gaoren appear in the mountain ranges not far from Minegarde.
|The March of Shen Gaoren|
|Shen Gaoren: The Finale|
- When reaching a high ledge, it is possible to jump on the Gaoren's back (essentially into the mouth of the Lao-Shan Lung skull) after it does its acid blast.
- If the Hunter waits it has fired an acid ball there is only enough time for one carve, regardless of timing. Anti-Dragon Bombs can only be planted here.
- The Lao-Shan Lung skull on Gaoren's back is much larger than a normal Lao's skull, just like all skulls on big Carapaceons.
- It can also be noted that the Lao-Shan skull on Shen Gaoren's back can be broken three times, offering Lao Shan shell and Elder Dragon Bones as additional reward items.
- In the "Info Magazine", the Shen Gaoren is not explained, only referred to as "a dangerous Carapaceon".
- Repelling or slaying the HR9 Shen Gaoren, results in obtaining the Gallery video "Soul of a Hunter".
- The name "Shen Gaoren" is derived from the Chinese word "神高人", which means God (Shen) Tall (Gao) Person (Ren).
- The Town Shen Gaoren has copper green patches on its legs and in other places, as apposed to the all grey color scheme of the Fortress Gaoren.
- The molted skin of a Shen Gaoren can be found in Area 10 of the Jurassic Frontier.
- HR100 Shen Gaoren gains extreme strength and surprising speed that can quickly crush hunters, and can be killed in any location.
- Shen Gaoren is a special 12 Hunter hunt.