Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Seltas Queen is a very large, beetle-like Neopteron with an armor-like exoskeleton covering its body. She is primarily a lustrous green color, but also features beige stripes and orange spines. She has six limbs, four of which make contact with the ground, the other two being used for digging and grasping prey. In addition, she has a long, segmented tail with a large pincer-like structure at the end. Seltas Queen is the female counterpart to Seltas, although she is physically very different.
Seltas Queen can use her large, heavy limbs or weaponized tail to incapacitate prey. She also makes use of the Water element, frequently shooting large water globs in a rapid-fire fashion.
As a female, Seltas Queen is capable of casting a pheromone to attract Seltas when in need; in her case, as often as possible. Whenever a Seltas dies, another one will quickly come to her aid. These pheromones can also inflict stench to the hunter.
Since she is mostly seen together with Seltas, they have many attacks where the two 'merge' together, with Seltas being on top of Seltas Queen. Both of them may perform combined attacks or even chain attack combos together. One of the most bizarre attacks has Seltas lifting his partner and literally throwing her down in an attempt to crush the hunter. Seltas can also use his wings as a sort of "propeller", in order to give Seltas Queen a boost during her charges. Likewise, the Seltas will use its horn as the Queen charges.
Seltas Queen exhibits a strong symbiosis with her male counterpart, Seltas. As she is incapable of flight, she is always accompanied by a male that is capable of lifting her and transporting her elsewhere. The two also often rely on each other for protection, especially when the Queen sleeps.
However, she is known to be extremely violent towards her male counterpart, such as forcefully grabbing him or even outright killing and devouring him when in need of energy.
Seltas Queen lives in the Ancestral Steppe, Heaven's Mount, Primal Forest, Everwood and hunted by Felyne's in the Forest and Hills. She usually lives alongside her male counterpart, Seltas, as they can breed and provide each other with protection and transportation.
The name Seltas Queen was chosen to evoke a fierce queen charging into battle with her loyal subjects.
MH4U Breakable Parts
|Right Front Leg (x1)|
|Left Front Leg (x1)|
|Right Hind Leg (x1)|
|Left Hind Leg (x1)|
- The Seltas Queen is capable of "merging" with the Seltas, combining fighting styles and abilities.
- Oddly, Seltas Queen is known as the "Heavy Armor Bug" while her male counterpart is the complete opposite, known as the "Armor Breaker Bug".
- So far, Seltas Queen is the only monster known to perform sexual cannibalism.
- The process is very brutal compared to cases seen in the real world; she will grab her mate off her back with her tail and violently smash him across the floor with multiple strikes, instantly killing him. She then retrieves the corpse and proceeds to feed on it.
- Her tail pincers, claws, face, and all four of her legs can be broken.
- She can shoot three large globs in rapid succession that cause Waterblight and Stun the hunter.
- Before she can do this, water particles form around her maw, which then later turn into a steam cloud and then two streams. She can only shoot her water globs when there are two streams of water coming out of her maw, with the exception of G-Rank, where she can do it during her steam cloud phase, although with a much shorter range.
- If the hunter hits Seltas Queen's maw enough, she'll stop gathering water around her maw, and may also drop a shiny.
- When struck by the pheromone gas that Seltas Queen exhales to attract Seltas, the hunter will be affected by Soiled status.
- When a Seltas dies, Seltas Queen can call another one into the area.
- Seltas Queen can also use her gas to call back Seltas after they have separated themselves.
- One way to get Seltas off of Seltas Queen's back is to perform a jump attack, however this may not always work.
- When enraged, Seltas Queen's eyes turn red.
- Upon leaving an area by digging, Seltas Queen generates Low Wind Pressure (in the same way a Diablos does when digging).
- When Seltas Queen falls into a Pitfall Trap while Seltas is on her back, Seltas lifts her out of the trap, making it disappear.
- If Seltas Queen is caught in a Shock Trap while Seltas is on her back, she will be paralyzed like any other monster but Seltas can still move and attack the hunter.
- When weak, Seltas Queen will sleep in area 7 at the Heaven's Mount.
- It can become infected by the Frenzy Virus.
- Strangely, Seltas Queen gets infected in a different way than most monsters. Instead of passing out at a random time, if Seltas Queen merges with an infected Seltas (always infected in the start of a Frenzied quest) twice, Seltas Queen will shrug Seltas off her back then pass out like any other monster and become infected.
- During the localization process, potential name candidates for Seltas Queen included Seltas Rhea, Seltas Duchess, and Seltas Regent