Its standard appearance and abilities are the same reddened-state as that of a normal Deviljho in rage mode. When enraged, it has a dark red haze of Dragon Element surrounding its face, as its eyes turn into a blood red hue and its skin changes to a light brownish color.
This variant is faster, stronger, and more tenacious than even the average Deviljho, capable of even larger breath attacks regardless of rage state and additional voracious attack behaviours.
Like Deviljho, it can be encountered in any environment.
Other Non-Subspecies Forms
Main Article: Deviljho
Extreme Eater Deviljho
Extreme Eater Deviljho (極み喰らうイビルジョー) are further-upgraded variants of Savage Deviljho unique to Monster Hunter Frontier G. Aesthetically they gain a golden hide and aura, red spikes on their back and tail, and sharper teeth. They have improved attacks compared to ordinary Savage Deviljho, such as 360-degree dragon breath attacks and the capability to make a large area of ground explode with Dragon energy after several stomps.
|MH3: Deviljho and Savage Deviljho Music Theme|
- In a fashion similar to Furious Rajang's appearance, Savage Deviljho is by default in a standard Deviljho's reddened rage state (though not huffing dragon breath, and with a blackened face). Its own rage state has Dragon element energy consume its head and neck, while its exhausted state is indicated by acidic drool that inflicts the Defense Down status with biting attacks.
- As such, it inverts the standard Deviljho's weakpoints: outside of rage the stomach is the weakest point, and in its rage the head is weakest (to Raw). Due to Dragonblight disabling elements from weapons since MH3U, said rage-state head is completely immune to elemental damage: the elemental weakpoint is instead Thunder applied to the tail.
- It can use its dragon breath at all times, and in its own rage state adds substantial range to the attack.
- Savage Deviljho's roar requires HG Earplugs to block.
- In its introduction to the series in MH3U, Savage Deviljho used the same icon as the normal Deviljho. A different icon was shown in a magazine scan that went unused:
- Savage Deviljho may be summoned by Qurupeco and Crimson Qurupeco in G-Rank.
- Whilst its attacking patterns and behavior are largely similar to the ordinary Deviljho, Savage Deviljho is also able to connect a lunging bite to a burst of dragon breath. However, unlike a standard G-Rank Deviljho, it cannot finish the sweeping attack with a stomp.
- Outside of event quests, Savage Deviljho only appears as an intruder for G-rank quests in Port Tanzia, and the chance of encountering one is very low.
- Upon slaying a Savage Deviljho one will receive the Malnourished Blood award.
- In G-Rank a standard Deviljho gains a four-steps raised-body upward dragon breath attack in rage, and Savage Deviljho can use this regardless of rage state.
- The lunging bite attack no longer combos into the dragon breath attack, but instead has new properties. Its hitbox also includes the tail and it leads into a new pin attack, where it chews on a targeted hunter and carries them in its mouth while attacking other hunters.
- In G-Rank Savage Deviljho can finish its head-sweeping attack with the aimed pinning leap, as opposed to the standard Deviljho finishing it with a stomp.
- Savage Deviljho gets its own armor and weapons.
- It gains two material items not obtainable from normal Deviljho: Spattered Hide in High Rank and Bloodied Ebonhide in G-Rank. Unlike Black Blood, these can only be acquired from body and tail carves.
- Unlike in MH3U, the G-Rank material item Vile Fang can only be obtained from Savage Deviljho, while the normal Deviljho provides Hardfangs instead.
- In contrast to its previous famed intruder state, Savage Deviljho can only appear in a few High Rank quests in multiplayer, and only one event quest in G-Rank multiplayer. It can also be encountered in one offline High Rank quest and as a Rare encounter in the Everwood.
- Upon slaying a Savage Deviljho one will receive the Savage Deviljho Esoterica award.
- Savage Deviljho can inflict Dragonblight with its bites when enraged.