Its standard appearance and abilities are the same as that of a normal Deviljho in rage mode. When enraged, it has a dark red haze surrounding its face, eyes turn into a blood red hue and skin changes to a light brownish color.
This variant is even more ferocious and powerful than the average Deviljho. It has a super-potent breath attack that can extend further and cause more damage than usual. It is faster, stronger, and can withstand more damage than a normal Deviljho.
Like Deviljho, it can be encountered in any environment.
Other Non-Subspecies Forms
Main Article: Deviljho
Starving Deviljho (極み喰らうイビルジョー) are incredibly powerful and rare variants of Savage Deviljho unique to Monster Hunter Frontier G. Aesthetic differences include golden hide and aura, spikes on back and tail and sharper teeth. They have improved attacks compared to ordinary Savage Deviljho.
|MH3: Deviljho and Savage Deviljho Music Theme|
- Whilst its attacking patterns and behavior are largely similar to the ordinary Deviljho, Savage Deviljho is also able to connect a lunging bite to a burst of dragon breath.
- Its dragon breath also has a longer range than the regular Deviljho's, but only in rage mode.
- Savage Deviljho also has an exhausted state like other monsters. In this state Savage Deviljho appears the same as it does out of rage mode, only with acidic saliva leaking out of its mouth, which can cause the Defense Down status.
- It is similar to the "Golden" Rajang of MHFU, in the sense that both are variants of their regular species, without being considered Subspecies ingame.
- Unlike normal Deviljho, it can use the dragon breath both in and out of rage mode.
- Savage Deviljho uses the same icon as the normal Deviljho, but a different icon was shown in a magazine scan that went unused:
- Savage Deviljho may be summoned by Qurupeco and Crimson Qurupeco.
- It only appears during G-rank quests in Port Tanzia, and the chance of encountering one is very low.
- It also has an additional material item, not obtainable from the normal Deviljho, called Black Blood. This item can only be obtained in rewards and cannot be carved. It is required to create the waist of the Vangis X armor set, and upgrade Deviljho-based weapons to their max potential.
- Savage Deviljho now has a new pin attack, where it attempts to swallow the hunter after a lunging bite, carrying the hunter in its mouth while attacking other hunters.
- Savage Deviljho gets its own armor and weapons.
- It gains two material items not obtainable from normal Deviljho: Spattered Hide in High Rank and Bloodied Ebonhidde in G-Rank.
- Unlike in MH3U, G-Rank material item Vile Fang can only be obtained from Savage Deviljho, and normal Deviljho provides Hvy Fang instead.
- Savage Deviljho can inflict Dragonblight with its bites when enraged.