It has adapted an orange-yellow color, probably to blend into the desert, and a red-colored head with deep indigo tusks which is blood red on both tips.
It is capable of creating a large dust devil, which it often uses to propel itself at hunters.
The Sand Barioth lives in the Sandy Plains.
Monster Hunter Portable 3rd
Information is taken from mhp3rd.net
|Hitzone||Cut. D.||Imp. D.||Shot D.|
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
Source: BradyGames Guide
- Just like normal Barioth, its tusks can be broken, both wings can be damaged, and the tail can be severed and carved one time. It will also take more time to recover after a leap or a sky pounce. It will sometimes drop a shiny if both wings are damaged.
- When low on stamina, it preys on Rhenoplos or Aptonoth.
- When enraged, its eyes will turn green.
- Just after a hipcheck, it will sometimes immediately jump backwards to face the hunter anew and chain them with a charge or a bite.
- Even when the wing spikes are broken, it will only lose its grip on the sand occasionally.
- Whenever the wind gust fades out while Sand Barioth tries to use a Tornado Jump, it will taunt for a few seconds after it failed its move.
- When Barioth does a big whirlwind, it can ride it to gain momentum and fly into a hunter causing major damage to whoever it hits.
- Sand Barioth's roar requires Earplugs to block.
- Sand Barioth stores more air to do its giant wind gust attack, while it stores the same amount of air to do a small wind gust attack.
- In G-rank quests, it is able to make two smaller tornadoes that will move randomly around the area.