It fights the same as a Kushala Daora. It should be noted that when hunters fight it, there is no storm, so all Barrel Bombs can be used.
Other Non-Subspecies Forms
Main Article: Kushala Daora
Hard Core (HC) Rusted Kushala Daora
- Rusted Kushala Daora items cannot be obtained, the only items obtained are normal Kushala Daora.
- Rusted Kushala Daora has a slightly different moveset that the normal Kushala Daora. It uses his aerial turnaround bite much more often, and can immediately attack with a charge or a wind blast after jumping back (whereas a non-rusted Kushala Daora always taunts first).
- Rusted Kushala Daora's roar and screeches are slightly different from Kushala Daora's.
- Rusted Kushala Daora's roar requires Earplugs to block.
- In the Town Rusted Kushala Daora can be hit with the Dragonator to deal heavy damage and cause it to fall down. If it is attacking the wall with a triple wind blast the hunter will have to wait for it to fly down. It can be hit both when hovering and while on the ground - as long as it is within the dragonator range, it will be hit.
- Rusted Kushala Daora's name is not mentioned, only to be mentioned as "A brown metal plated dragon".
- Rusted Kushala Daora is the final Village boss.
- It now has its own unique items and armor.
- HC Rusted Kushala Daora's roar requires HG Earplugs to block.