It fights almost the same as a Kushala Daora. It should be noted that when hunters fight it, there is no storm, so all Barrel Bombs can be used. Its hide is also more tough than that of the regular Kushala Daora.
Rusted Kushala Daora has a much more aggressive behavior than that of it's normal counterpart. It tends to use more physical attacks such as biting and charges to attack hunters, and stay on the ground slightly more often.
Other Non-Subspecies Forms
Main Article: Kushala Daora
Hard Core (HC) Rusted Kushala Daora
- Rusted Kushala Daora items cannot be obtained, the only items obtained are normal Kushala Daora.
- Rusted Kushala Daora has a slightly different moveset that the normal Kushala Daora. It uses his aerial turnaround bite much more often, and can immediately attack with a charge or a wind blast after jumping back (whereas a non-rusted Kushala Daora always taunts first).
- Rusted Kushala Daora's roar and screeches are slightly different from Kushala Daora's.
- Rusted Kushala Daora's roar requires Earplugs to block.
- In the Town Rusted Kushala Daora can be hit with the Dragonator to deal heavy damage and cause it to fall down. If it is attacking the wall with a triple wind blast the hunter will have to wait for it to fly down. It can be hit both when hovering and while on the ground - as long as it is within the dragonator range, it will be hit.
- Rusted Kushala Daora's name is not mentioned, only to be mentioned as "A brown metal plated dragon".
- Rusted Kushala Daora is the final Village boss.
- It now has its own unique items and armor.
- Rusted Kushala Daora has a different attack from its counterpart in which it does a short ranged charge bite, up to 3 times in a row.
- Rusted Kushala Daora can be repelled at the Polar Field and will retain any damaged or severed parts when rematched at the Battlequarters.
- HC Rusted Kushala Daora's roar requires HG Earplugs to block.