The environment in which it lives has left its body covered in sand and grit, giving its hide a copper-pink tone, on top of the natively brown hide. Although similar to ordinary Duramboros in many ways, the Rust Duramboros has developed a wider, more axe-like tail club rather than the spherical, hammer-like club of a common Duramboros.
Because it is not exposed to coverings of moss and algae, the body of a fully grown Rust Duramboros retains its juvenile appearance to a great degree.
Rust Duramboros has adapted to survive in the harsh conditions of the Sandy Plains, an unusual area for a lumbering beast with such size. However with their large back humps and thick tails capable of storing fat reserves and nutrients these herbivores are capable of going months without food or water.
- When exhausted, Rust Duramboros will eat from a patch of woody plants, and will also fall down after every spin attack, much like normal Duramboros.
- Its tail slam and charge attack can inflict muddy status if the hunter is close to it only by an inch.
- When its tail has been severed, tail slams will no longer inflict the Muddy Status.
- Rust Duramboros' roar requires HG Earplugs to block.
- The Rust Duramboros is the largest Brute Wyvern in the series thus far.