Slots & Description
At Lv6, this armor can be upgraded into Upper Rank.
|RathalosCarapace x2, Firecell Stone x3||12400z|
|RathalosCarapace x2, Rathalos Scale+ x2||12400z|
|Rathalos Scale+ x3, Firecell Stone x3||12400z|
|RathalosCarapace x2, Rathalos Webbing x3||12400z|
|Rathalos Scale+ x2, Firecell Stone x3||12400z|
|5~6||28~30||Adv Armor Sphere||1034z|
|7||34~58||See Rarity Upgrade above||12400z|
|8~10||62~70||Hrd Armor Sphere||1452z|
|11~12||74~78||Hvy Armor Sphere||2620z|
- Many people view this armor as superior to its plus version counterpart, primarily because of the Attack Up (M) skill.
- This armor is very popular for the Alatreon mission, due to the fact that if jewelled correctly it will suppress the heat damage given off from the area. This can make the fight much simpler.
- If you have a Rook Talisman with two slots and a weapon with 1 slot on it, you can gem the set to have Attack Up (L) and Heat Cancel (Hi) on it. Take 1 Assault Jewel and 2 Attack Jewels and equip them to the Leggings and Torso & Head pieces respectively, then attach 2 Breeze Jewels to the Rook Talisman and 1 Breeze Jewel to the weapon. However, this WILL NOT negate the Defense Down (S), this however can be overcome by having an Armor Charm in your pouch. This is a ★★★ rare commodity obtained by trading with the Argosy (offline), or purchased from the guild store with HR of 18 or above (online).
- Try wearing the Cap instead of the Helmet. This will negate the Defense Down (S) and increase the attack. That way it only takes one assault jewel to get attack up large. Use the last two slots with a talisman to get maximum results. Note that since the cap has 10 less defense the lack of Defense Down (S) is irrelevant and it will gain defense at half the rate.
- Another way to get the best from this armour is to wait and get a Kings Talisman with at least +6 Attack (available as rewards for some Online 5* missions), that way it is only takes 1 Defence Jewel (Def+1/Att-1) to negate the Defence Down (S) and keep Attack Up (L). By adding 3 Breeze Jewels to the remaining slots, the Heat Cancel (Hi) will also become available, making this armor very useful for most quests and highly diverse with all kinds of weapons. You could even go as far as obtaining a weapon with 3 slots and equipping a Hermit Jewel, which will upgrade the Critical Eye +1 skill to +2.