The Queen Vespoid is the leader of a Vespoid nest. She is several times larger than the Hunter and has gigantic wings. In appearance, she looks similar to the average Vespoid but has a ridged exoskeleton covering her soft innards, her wings are transparent and she has a ruby-like object on her head, hinting at her position as hive-queen. She has a large stinger on her tail that releases a gas which inflicts the Defense Down ailment. When sprayed with the Queen Vespoid's gas, the Vespoids in the area become much more aggressive.
The Queen Vespoid doesn't appear at the start of the Quest; instead, a certain number of Vespoids (25) must be killed before she appears in a certain area (specifically Area 6 of the Jungle).
- Although there was a "Queen Vespoid" in a Monster Hunter Freedom 2 Download Quest, it was simply an enlarged Vespoid which could inflict greater damage and had more health than its smaller companions. Its appearance in Monster Hunter Portable 2nd G and Monster Hunter Freedom Unite is the first time it has been an actual separate monster from regular Vespoids.
- Some of the Rewards obtained from defeating the Queen Vespoid can be obtained from other sources, such as the Bug Tree in Pokke Farm.
- It is only possible to block the Vespoid Queen's acid spray by using the Guard Inc skill.
- The Queen Vespoid appears in MH Diary: Poka Poka Felyne Village.
- She can be easily stunned with flash bombs.
- The Queen Vespoid cannot be affected by Pitfall Traps or Shock Traps, due to the fact that she never touches the ground (while alive).
- She is the only large Neopteron monster so far.