The Purple Gypceros is a Subspecies of the Gypceros. Although essentially the same in terms of behavior and fighting, Purple Gypceros have different coloring and are more aggressive. Whilst Gypceros' colors are blue and pink, the Purple Gypceros' are a more vivid purple and green. The Purple Gypceros provides a more futuristic-looking armor set and its materials can be used to make Poison-based weapons.
This Subspecies has notably greater health than its original counterpart, and inhabits essentially the same areas. Furthermore, they are more prone to feigning death because of their increased health levels.
- The Purple Gypceros have a breakable crest located in the head, which they pound against their hard nose to ignite a tremendous flash, dizzying everything in the immediate area.
- Breaking the crystal on its head will result in Lightcrystal in the Quest Rewards.
- Breaking this crystal stops the Purple Gypceros from using its flash attack. After breaking the crystal, Purple Gypceros will try flashing unsuccessfully.
- In Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, if it tries to flash after the crest has been broken, it will release a burst of poisonous gas instead.
- Its tail can stretch longer that its initial size because of its bizarre rubbery hide.
- Purple Gypceros is immune to Shock Traps due to its Rubbery Hide, so when trapping is required, bring Pitfall Traps.
- It can also steal an item when it does its pecking move.
- When enraged, it starts drooling poison so the pecking move can also poison the Hunter.
- On Monster Hunter Frontier Online Purple Gypceros can be captured and used as a pet. Perhaps unsurprisingly it eats poison mushrooms and shiny objects.
Purple Gypceros: Difficulty?
Purple Gypceros: Badass Meter: