Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Prowler Mode (ニャンタ Nyanta) is an alternate mode of play that allows players to play as a Felyne, which changes up some of the usual mechanics of the game. It was introduced in Monster Hunter Generations.
Playing a Felyne has its advantages and disadvantages. As a Felyne, players aren't limited by stamina, are faster gatherers, and are allowed 2 faints before actually counting for a cart. To compensate, the Felynes aren't as strong as Hunters and cannot utilize the same items a Hunter can. They can still carry said items, however, so they still benefit from carrying Power/Armor Charms and Talons.
Those who are using Prowler Mode may choose to support hunters from the sidelines, or independently deal their own damage. Prowler Mode allows for flexible play-styles, so any Hunters can enjoy it.
- Boomerang Boost - Boomerangs charge faster and fly faster. Minimum lvl 5, Uses one slot.
- Earplugs - Negates most monster roars. Minimum lvl 10, Uses two slots.
- Affinity Up (S)/(L) - Increases affinity by 10% (S), Increases affinity by 20% (L). Minimum lvl 10 (S), Minimum lvl 20 (L). Uses one slot (S), Uses two slots (L).
- Last Stand - Increases attack and defense, but removes your acorns. Minimum lvl 25, uses three slots.
- Pierce Boomerang - Adds pierce properties to your boomerang. Uses two slots.
- Large Boomerang - Increases the size of your boomerang. Uses one slot.
Traits and Strategy
- Powerful, versatile mode.
- Can be considered Monster Hunter's mid-ranged weapon.
- Boomerangs can potentially deal equal or more damage than a hunter.
Boomerang skills greatly aid in the damage you can do. Combinining Pierce Boomerang and Large Boomerang will greatly add to your DPS, and shave a lot of time off of your hunts. Last Stand is also helpful, as it basically makes you a hunter that looks like a Felyne. You have 3 lives rather then 9, like a hunter, but you get a large attack and defense boost for doing so. Earplugs allows you to get in many boomerang hits while the monster is roaring. Especially helpful for a monster with a long roar. Boomerang Boost allows you faster charging times, and your boomerangs fly faster, allowing for more boomerang hits during a monster's roar, and just in general.
Those in Prowler Mode have an enraged state. Whilst you are a Prowler, there is a hidden gauge that builds up over time and with damage. When you are enraged, you gain: 30% Affinity, Earplugs, Quicker meter gain, faster dodging, and the unlocking of the X + A attack.
X - Melee attack. Can be continued into a combo.
A - Throw boomerang.
A (hold) - Charge boomerang. Follow up with A to throw another boomerang.
X + A - Can only be done when enraged. Will make you swing left and right. Pressing X continues the combo. Press X + A to end with an Aerial Finisher.
The Monster Hunter Wiki does not take credit for any of these videos.
|Title||Monster Hunter Generations (MHX): Palico/Prowler (Nyanta)|
by gaijin hunter
|Title||【MHX】燼滅刃狩猟依頼10 ニャンター 9'46'60 モンスターハンタークロス|