|MHFO: Odeibatorasu Music Theme|
Odeibatorasu is a new monster introduced in Monster Hunter Frontier Forward 5. It lives in the Desert, is covered by a protective shell, and can manipulate the sand with its roars. It is capable of firing projectiles from a cannon-like structure on its back. Judging by its appearance the Odeibatorasu is distantly related to Akantor and Ukanlos.
- Odeibatorasu's back shell, claws, and horns can be broken, and its tail cut off.
- Odeibatorasu appears to be a dominant predator in its habitat; the Forward 5 trailer depicts it preying on an Akura Vashimu and causing a herd of Apceros and Genprey to flee in a stampede.
- Some of Odeibatorasu's movements are similar to Akantor and Ukanlos.
- Odeibatorasu's shell appears to raise and lower with certain attacks, most notably when it fires sand into the air with its main cannon.
- Though Odeibatorasu is similar to Akantor and Ukanlos, there are some differences that sets it apart:
- Odeibatorasu's teeth appear to be more herbivore-like than its counterparts, who sport carnivore-like teeth even though it itself is carnivorous.
- The range of Odeibatorasu's Tail Sweep is considerably larger due to excess sand being swept across during this attack.
- Odeibatorasu is fought in a "standard area", rather than a "special area", like the Battleground.
- Odebatorasu is the only one to have three "Digging" attacks.