|Some of the names in this Article use an unofficial English translation of its official Japanese Name.|
The name is obtained either by using Japanese translating programs or through previous existing English equivalent terms in the game. The names will be used as quick references around other articles in the Monster Hunter Wiki until Capcom reveals the official English names for them.
Odibatorasu is a new monster introduced in Monster Hunter Frontier Forward.5. It lives in the Desert, is covered by a protective flexible shell, and can manipulate the sand with its roars. It is capable of firing projectiles made of sand from a cannon-like structure on its back. Judging by its appearance the Odibatorasu is distantly related to Akantor and Ukanlos.
Odibatorasu is known for the unbelievable attack strength of its sand manipulating roar when entering rage causing a deadly sand explosion with the power of monsters way ahead of its rank.
Among its sand controlling moves it is able to make rocks made from sand, pillars that can hold hunters stuck in them unable to move, multiple and explosions pop out of the ground upon roaring and charging apparently at its command.
Odibatorasu can first only be repelled at HR100 and killed as a HC monster at SR100 with some increased attack power.
No major change besides you can actually kill it and cut its tail.
|MHFG: Odibatorasu Music Theme|
- Odibatorasu's head, both of its forelimbs and its back can be broken and its tail can be severed (SR100+ for tail).
- To upgrade Odibatorasu weapons to be of any major value, you need paper proofs acquired from killing Odibatorasu at SR100.
- Odibatorasu appears to oddly have been hinted from a book released close to MHP3rd's release. It was noted that a relative of Ukanlos, known as the Third God, lived in a desert.
- During Forward 5 update of MHFO, Odibatorasu along with Raviente weapons were some of the best pure raw power weapons in the series.
- Odibatorasu's back shell, claws, and horns can be broken, and its tail cut off.
- Odibatorasu appears to be a dominant predator in its habitat; the Forward 5 trailer depicts it preying on an Akura Vashimu and causing a herd of Apceros and Genprey to flee in a stampede.
- Some of Odibatorasu's movements are similar to Akantor and Ukanlos.
- Odibatorasu's shell appears to raise and lower with certain attacks, most notably when it fires sand into the air with its main cannon.
- Though Odibatorasu is similar to Akantor and Ukanlos, there are some differences that sets it apart:
- Odibatorasu's teeth appear to be more herbivore-like than its counterparts, who sport carnivore-like teeth even though it itself is carnivorous.
- The range of Odibatorasu's Tail Sweep is considerably larger due to excess sand being swept across during this attack.
- Odibatorasu is fought in a "standard area", rather than a "special area", like the Battleground.
- Odibatorasu is the only one to have three "Digging" attacks.