Green Nargacuga is a green coloured subspecies of the Nargacuga which appears in Monster Hunter Portable 3rd. It resides in the Misty Peaks, the Deserted Island, and the Flooded Forest. Its long, prehensile tail ends in a bright red spike.
Although the Green Nargacuga is very fast and agile, like the common Nargacuga, it has a few new tricks up its sleeve. While it has many of the same attacks as the common Nargacuga, its true ferocity becomes apparent when it's enraged. It can perform a Tail Slam, then jump and smash again in an attempt to hit the hunter. Like the regular smash, it leaves it vulnerable while it tries to pry its tail free. Its tail slam is guaranteed to stun a hunter if it connects, making it particularly dangerous.
- When enraged, its eyes leave a yellow-orange trail instead of red.
- Breaking the head of the Green Nargacuga will leave its right eye cut out, instead of its left eye being cut.
- It preys on Kelbi, Gargwa, or Aptonoth to recover Stamina.
- Whenever enraged, Green Nargacuga will hop twice instead of once before roaring.
- Unlike normal Nargacuga, the Green Nargacuga's readying time for pouncing attacks is drastically reduced.
- Occasionally, Jaggi, Wroggi, and their larger counterparts will attack the Green Nargacuga. It may also attack them.
- Green Nargacuga's tail can be cut even if the creature isn't in Rage mode unlike the regular Nargacuga in Monster Hunter Freedom Unite.
- The Green Nargacuga is unique in that its tail spikes are capable of causing KO and doesn't cause the hunter to be knocked away flying.
- After the second tail slam, the Green Nargacuga takes a longer amount of time in order to pry it off as compared to a single tail slam, leaving itself more vulnerable for attack.
Information is taken from mhp3rd.net