The Administrators or Sysops of the Monster Hunter Wikia are editors with extended rights that help them contribute to and modify the site. All administrators are promoted by a member of the Wikia staff, and are normally promoted for life, although they have the right to decline or step down at any time. Administrators are also expected to help other users when necessary and guide or correct them when necessary.
Who are this wiki's administrators?
User:Artemis Paradox - Member since September 18, 2008, Edits: 9,113
User:Lord Loss - Member since October 21, 2008, Edits: 6,904
User:Mckrongs - Member since December 12, 2008, Edits: 20,478
User:PitchBlack696 - Member since July 7, 2007, Edits: 10,405
User:Aandrew07 - Member since December 20, 2009, Edits: 4,168
User:GeneStarwind - Member since September 23, 2009, Edits: 8,014
User:Pink Fatalis - Member since September 14, 2010, Edits: 5,289
User:Plexioth- xD - Member since October 30, 2010, Edits: 4,952
User:SethOmega - Member since February 7, 2010, Edits: 1,195
User:TigrexJeff - Member since January 22, 2010, Edits: 1,596
User:WolfQueen - Member since March 29, 2012, Edits: 1,884
User:Blix Caliber - Member since April 16, 2012, Edits: 1,031
User:Democide - Member since July 28, 2011, Edits: 1,152
User:Ghost-ludachris - Member since March 26, 2011, Edits: 333
User:Mars Frog - Member since January 26, 2010, Edits: 1,869
User:Bass21 - Member since May 16, 2012, Edits: 262
User:BidPuma - Member since May 4, 2010, Edits: 104
User:Vesuvius - Member since August 24, 2008, Edits: 2,838
- User:Deathslayer31 - the very founder of The Monster Hunter Wiki. Demoted by Kirkburn for inactivity. Also had reports of him doing vandalism.
- User:Ranpos - also demoted by Kirkburn for inactivity.
- User:TheLifeOfArc - was part of the Temporary Administrator program. 1 week inactive, Tenchberry has demoted him.
- User:Demiibabii4u - the third Administrator and sibling of PitchBlack696, PitchBlack696 demoted her for a month of inactivity.
- User:Truerurouni - the fourth Administrator, PitchBlack696 has demoted him for a month of inactivity.
- User:AkamulbasX - volunteered to be Sentoryu Raven's replacement, but was demoted by Tenchberry for reasons unknown.
- User:DeadCat - Owner of The Monster Hunter Wiki forums, was once demoted by PitchBlack696 for a month of inactivity, but returned and got promoted again. But again went inactive and demoted by Artemis Paradox. Also had a notorious history as a troll in the Monster Hunter Wiki Chatroom.
- User:DrakenVarna - demoted by Artemis Paradox for inactivity.
- User:Bohdaker - demoted by Artemis Paradox for inactivity.
- User:Thekingkiller - demoted by Mckrongs, went inactive, and had a negative history as a badge spammer.
- User:Bobofango - quitted after Oasis was introduced to Wikia, spends time in this wiki trolling as an anonymous user, and deletes Items in the Wikia that he claims is "his". Demoted by Angela under the request of GeneStarwind.
- Tenchberry - demoted by Angela for inactivity.
- Ohmpakan - demoted for inactivity.
- Sentoryu Raven - demoted for inactivity.
Different users have access to different functions of the site. While anyone can do most things on the site, including reading and editing, administrators can access a few additional functions:
- Deleting and undeleting pages, page histories, and uploaded files.
- Locking (protecting) a page so it cannot be edited or renamed by users without admin rights.
- Blocking IP addresses or user names from editing; and very quick "rollback" of undesirable edits.
- Editing the interface by changing system messages and skins.
A bureaucrat can make other users into bureaucrats or administrators on their own wiki. He or she is not currently able to remove admin access from any user; please contact one of the community staff if you need that done.
Becoming an administrator
For you to become an administrator, someone with bureaucrat access must make you one.
Here are certain requirements to becoming and Administrator in this wiki:
- You. DO NOT ask for the Administrator position in this wiki. Asking for administratorship means that you are not qualified for this position.
- At least achieve 1000 edits to be considered for Rollbacker status. The goal of a rollbacker is to become an administrator, and they can do this by doing "chores" from the current administrators or just with continuing good contributions.
- vandalism or cheap edits will likely be seen and non-credit you as a candidate.
- At least a basic understanding of how HTML works.
- A great way to become noticed is by communicating with the current administrators. Letting them know of the latest news, issues throughout the wiki, etc. shows you can be a good admin.
What can administrators not do?
Administrators should not use their administrator powers to settle editing disputes; for example, to lock a page on a version he or she prefers in an editing dispute that isn't vandalism. Administrator powers should be use to help keep the wiki clear of vandalism, spam, and users who make malicious edits, but not for simple disagreements between users acting in good faith. Ideally an admin shouldn't be considered "in charge". The ideal admin is just someone who is trusted to have a few extra buttons and to use them for the benefit of the Wikia community.
Pages administrators should keep an eye on
- Uncategorized Pages - All pages on the wiki should be categorized.
- Orphaned Pages - All pages on the wiki should be linked by something else on the wiki.
How do I use administrator powers?
See the administrators' how-to guide for a guide on using admin functions.