Monster Hunter Freedom is the PSP version of Monster Hunter G with extra features, such as new colored bosses and a Felyne kitchen. Monster Hunter Freedom is the Westernized name, while Monster Hunter Portable is used in Japan. Both games are essentially the same.
Some new things were added to the original Monster Hunter:
- A new boss, the Yian Garuga.
- Monster color variations known as subspecies.
- Monster lengths. Unlike newer games it only contains max lengths.
- New skill system that is operated by numbers rather than armor set.
- New "G-class" quests.
- Hire Felyne chefs to cook stat-changing meals.
- Kokoto Farm.
- Training School.
- New sharpness levels, Blue and White.
- The Subspecies of monsters act differently than their normal counterparts. Most move faster when in rage or have changed the attack patterns (like using more of the attack that the normal one use the least.) Kokoto village has changed a little due to the addition to the farm and the cherry blossoms.
|Internationally-Released Monster Hunter Games|
|First Generation||Monster Hunter | Monster Hunter Freedom|
|Second Generation||Monster Hunter Freedom 2 | Monster Hunter Freedom Unite|
|Third Generation||Monster Hunter 3 | Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate|
|Others||Monster Hunter Dynamic Hunting|
|Japan-Exclusive Monster Hunter Games|
|First Generation||Monster Hunter G | Monster Hunter Portable|
|Second Generation||Monster Hunter 2 | Monster Hunter Portable 2nd | Monster Hunter Portable 2nd G|
|Third Generation||Monster Hunter 3 | Monster Hunter Portable 3rd | Monster Hunter 3 G|
|Fourth Generation||Monster Hunter 4|
|Frontier Series|| Monster Hunter Frontier | Season 1.0 | 2.0 | 3.0 | 4.0 | 5.0 | 6.0 | 7.0 | 8.0 | 9.0 | 10.0|
MHFO Season Forward 1 | Forward 2 | Forward 3 | Forward 4 | Forward 5
|Diary Series||MHD: Felyne Village | MHD: Mobile Felyne Village | MHD:Felyne Village G|
|Others|| Monster Hunter i | MH Mobile Games | Monster Hunter Hunting Card|
Monster Hunter: Phantom Island Voyage | Monster Hunter Online