Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (モンスターハンター3アルティメート) is an expansion of the Wii title Monster Hunter 3 (Tri), released on the Nintendo 3DS alongside a Wii U version that supports 480p, 720p, 1080i and 1080p resolution graphical output. The game was confirmed to arrive by Capcom's Dubindoh from Capcom-Unity. Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate was released in North America and Europe during March 2013.
On February 21st, A demo of the game was released in North America for both 3DS and Wii U. It contains three quests: Hunt a Lagombi in the Tundra (Easy), hunt a Plesioth in the Deserted Island (Average), and hunt a Brachydios in the Volcano (Hard). All weapon types are available in the demo. The quests are the same in both versions.
The 3DS demo is NOT compatible with the Circle Pad Pro.
- The 3DS version of Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate is known as Monster Hunter 3G in Japan.
- The Wii U version is known as Monster Hunter 3G HD Version in Japan.
- The underwater features that were not present in Monster Hunter Portable 3rd return in this game.
- The 3DS and Wii U versions are able to connect and play together locally.
- Gamesaves can be shared between the two versions, but saves from different regions cannot be transferred to another country's release. 3G's save cannot be transferred to Ultimate, or vice-versa.
- Online play is supported only on Wii U. However, 3DS users can now play online through the Wii U "Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate Packet Relay Tools." The tools are available for free from the Wii U e-Shop and do not require owning the Wii U version of the game.
- The Tools require a LAN adapter for the Wii U, as the wireless connection will be in ad-hoc mode to communicate with the 3DS. The tool allows you to connect to the MH3U servers and join the same players as the Wii U version (however, you can not create rooms). Text and Voice chat is possible via the Wii U Gamepad and/or a keyboard (the chat will be displayed on the TV screen, not the 3DS).
- As with every main Monster Hunter game, the Japanese version of Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate is on separate servers from the US and European versions, rendering multiplayer mode between the US/European and the Japanese versions of the game impossible.
- US and European versions of the game run on servers separate from each other, but due to a software update, cross-region online play between US and European versions became possible. However, both versions still cannot play locally.
- Monster Hunter 3G on 3DS scored a 38/40 (10/10/9/9) from the reviewers at Famitsu.
- The HD Version on Wii U got a 35/40 (9/9/8/9).
- Capcom confirmed that Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate flagship monster is Brachydios, although the monster shown in the box art is Azure Rathalos (due to marketing issues).
Erina - the Guild Receptionist in Port Tanzia
Tanzia_Port_Boss - the Short Wyverian Guild Master of the Port.
Kayamba - The Second Shakalaka hunting companion and a rival to Cha-cha.
Main Article: MH3U: Monsters
- A new Brute Wyvern named Brachydios, which is first encountered in the Volcano but also in subsequent quests found in the Tundra and Deserted Island. It is also the flagship monster of the game.
- Lagiacrus, Zinogre, Duramboros, Ceadeus and Jhen Mohran now have their own subspecies.
- A new monster named Dire Miralis appears in MH3U's opening cinematic. It dwells in the Tainted Sea area, and can be considered the final boss of the multiplayer mode, although other monsters can still be unlocked after its defeat (Hallowed Jhen Mohran, Gold Rathian, Silver Rathalos, Lucent Nargacuga, Abyssal Lagiacrus).
- Some of the returning monsters have new attacks during G-rank quests, such as Barroth flinging mud after its charge attack, Gigginox laying Giggi eggs on its back, Qurupeco performing a Sleep-inducing dance, Uragaan connecting its roll into a jaw slam, and Jhen Mohran expelling a massive jet of sand from its mouth.
- Azure Rathalos, Silver Rathalos, Pink Rathian, Gold Rathian, Plesioth and Green Plesioth all receive moveset changes from past Monster Hunter titles.
- Another Shakalaka called Kayamba is able to join hunts. At first, Kayamba is not at very good terms with Cha-Cha though the two eventually become friends. Both can join the hunter in the single-player campaign, similarly to the Felyne comrades in Monster Hunter Portable 3rd. When heading into Port Tanzia, the multiplayer mode, both Shakalakas can be taken along if the player isn't playing wirelessly with a friend. When playing with another person, the hunters are allowed to bring either Cha-Cha or Kayamba, as long as the total amount of participants doesn't exceed 4.
- A new feature called Target Camera allows hunters to center the camera on nearby large monsters instead of the direction they are currently facing by pressing the L Button. This feature is optional and can be toggled via the bottom screen. If the L button is pressed twice in succession, the camera shifts behind the hunter as normal. MH4 director Kaname Fujioka has revealed that the Target Camera system was implemented into 3U as an experiment and that a further modified version would be used in Monster Hunter 4.
- The bottom touch-sensitive screen can be customized to access various kinds of info and menus. All information (health bar, map etc.) can be optionally displayed on this screen, freeing up space from the top screen. Items can also be easily used or combined this way.
- Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate is the first game in the franchise to feature dynamic shadows (i.e., realistic shadows which are of the same shape as the character casting them). The game does temporarily switch to the previous round shadows when flying monsters are high up or moving to another area.
- The Misty Peaks area from Monster Hunter Portable 3rd returns.
- All 12 weapons types present in MHP3rd return in Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate.
- The Dual Blades, Gunlance, Hunting Horn, and Bow weapon classes can be used underwater for the first time.
- Similarly to MHP3rd, Bowguns are split between Light and Heavy types, omitting the Medium type and unique customization present in Tri. The Bowguns' attributes can still be customized but the parts cannot be changed, much like with Bowgun kits in Monster Hunter Tri.
- The city of Loc Lac from Monster Hunter Tri is replaced with Port Tanzia.
- Supports local wireless multiplayer via multicard play and SpotPass but not single card Download Play. Online multiplayer is not supported. Event Quests can be downloaded online and are accessible from Port Tanzia at any time once downloaded, like in the PSP games.
- Village Quests now have High Rank equivalents. These quests include some of the subspecies from MHP3rd and Brachydios first appears here.
- Several of the returning monsters' G-Level armors look different and they provide skill points towards different skills.
- Features from Monster Hunter Tri that were not present in Monster Hunter Portable 3rd return to this game.
- Free Hunt mode in the Deserted Island where resource points can be earned.
- Before you begin Free Hunt, you can choose whether you want to hunt during the day or at night. The daytime setting is largely the same as in Tri but the nighttime version has High Rank monsters and materials.
- In addition to the monsters encountered in Free Hunt mode in Monster Hunter Tri, different monsters can be encountered at night. Examples of new monsters and subspecies that were not previously found in the Deserted Island such as Barroth, Great Wroggi, Brachydios, Great Baggi and Black Diablos can be hunted for resource points this way.
- Moga Farm is the farm area of the game, and is identical in appearance to the version found in Monster Hunter Tri. However, some items that were previously unable to be cultivated, such as Thunderbugs, can now be left the task of the Felyne helpers.
- The Torch item is again found in Supply Boxes and outside Moga Village in Free Hunt mode, though all the previously dark areas now have normal lighting like in Portable 3rd.
- Dragonblight, a status ailment absent from Portable 3rd returns in this game.
- Unlike Monster Hunter 3, Dragonblight now gets rid of your element instead of taking your affinity.
- The player has a standard Defense of 50. These 50 points are always added to the player's armor's Defense.
- Hunters for Hire now appear in the solo port. They can be hired for a fee and sent off on quests to get materials. You have to have another players guild card for a Hunter for Hire to appear.
- In the Wii U version the game could be play on the gamepad alone without the TV. Just go to game settings and change to "Type 2"
There are four bundles released by Capcom for Monster Hunter 3 G and one for the HD Version:
Circle Pad Pro Bundle
|On September 13, 2011, Capcom announced a bundle pack that includes a copy of the game and a "Circle Pad Pro" accessory for the Nintendo 3DS. This accessory adds a right circle pad, as well as a pair of ZL and ZR buttons. This Bundle Pack was released on December 10, 2011 at a suggested retail price of ¥6,990.|
Monster Hunter 3 G Special Pack Bundle
Beginner Hunter Packs
On March 1, 2012, Capcom announced two more bundle packs: the Beginner Hunter Pack Black Edition which comes with the Cosmo Black 3DS and the game in a Deviljho-themed box and the Beginner Hunter Pack Red Edition which comes with the Flare Red 3DS and the game in a Stygian Zinogre-themed box. Both were released on March 17, 2012 at a suggested retail price of ¥19,800.
Wii U Deluxe MH 3G HDver.
On September 14, 2012, Capcom announced a Wii U Bundle, scheduled to be released in Japan on the same time of the debut of Wii U at an announced price of ¥38,850 (495.726 USD). This Bundle has the same contents as the Premium version, including a copy of the game and a Wii U Pro Controller.
For more videos, please see MH3U: Videos
|MH3U Announcement||MH3U New York Comic Con 2012 Trailer|
|MH3G: Game Opening||MH3G: Second Trailer|
|NA Trailer 2||Getting Started Commentary|
- ↑ http://nintendoeverything.com/79067/famitsu-review-scores-126-first-monster-hunter-tri-g-score/
- ↑ http://nintendoeverything.com/107565/famitsu-review-scores-12412-monster-hunter-3-ultimate-wii-u/
- ↑ http://andriasang.com/con1uk/mh4_screens/
- ↑ http://andriasang.com/comy9z/