|Some of the names in this Article use an unofficial English translation of its official Japanese Name.|
The name is obtained either by using Japanese translating programs or through previous existing English equivalent terms in the game. The names will be used as quick references around other articles in the Monster Hunter Wiki until Capcom reveals the official English names for them.
Its club-like tail is used like a jackhammer while its horn is believed to be used like a drill. Meraginasu also controls a never before seen element named the Darkness (闇) Element.
Meraginasu will attack once it finds a target using its hearing, whoever is doing the most damage to it (Or making the most noise) will attract it to 'lock on' to them. Once it has locked onto its prey, it will attack them relentlessly for some time, it may be possible for it to attack other prey once locked to one thing, but the chance is low.
Meraginasu is a powerful wyvern found living in the underground caves of the Tide Island. It was once thought to be extinct until it was recently found living underground. In these caves, it doesn't use sight to find prey but it uses its powerful well-developed ears to listen for prey in the caves. From this it is constantly on the prowl searching for any prey or hunters to attack with the slightest sound.
- Meraginasu is a Burst Species (烈種) of Espinas.
- Meraginasu uses the new Darkness (闇) Element which is a combination of the Ice and Dragon Elements.
- Its horn/ears, wings, back, chest and tail can all be broken.
- Meraginasu's horn will only break once its health is down to 40%, and tail at 30%.
- Meraginasu is blind, so Flash Bombs won't work against it. It is also immune to Sonic Bombs, and is unaffected by traps, meaning it can't be captured.
- Meraginasu's roar requires HG Earplugs to block.
- At G-rank, it has 2 different music themes that play during the hunt for those that Meraginasu attack.