Return to Armor List (MHFU)
This is the High Rank Version of the Leather Armor.
Slots & Description
Requires a surprising amount of ore for "leather" armor (a lot of Machalite, some Dragonite and at least 1 Carbalite Ore for each piece), a HQ Pelt, some Kelbi Hides and a few Stout Bones
The armor gives the following skills:
- Bullet Limit: Maxes out the amount of Shot/Coatings that can be made on each combination.
- Gathering +1: Gives a small chance of of gathering an extra time.
- Backpacking Expert: Movement speed when carrying eggs increases and can fall from greater heights.
- High Speed Gathering: Increases the speed of Carving, Mining, Gathering, and Bug-netting.
- Comb Suc+15%: Increases any combination's success rate by 15%.
This Armor lacks any slots, so it's impossible to gem this armor.
- An armor that grants 5 skills but has no slots. The head, arms and waist piece each grant their own skill (Bullet Limit, High Speed Gathering and Combine Succes +15%), while the chest and legs piece together grant Gathering +1 and Backpacking Expert. This makes it an armor that's easy to combine, as you require only 1 or 2 pieces to get the desired skill. Switching the Head and Belt with Chain Helm S and Chain Belt S and inserting 3 Blessing Jewels will grant Spirit's Whim, and with a 3 slotted weapon it's possible to get Gathering +2 or Divine Whim. This in total grants High Speed Gathering, Spirit's/Divine Whim, Backpacking Expert and Gathering +1/+2, making it one of the best armors for Treasure Quests and gathering in general.
- Its low defense and lack of good offensive or defensive skills make this armor unfit for fighting large monsters. Its defense is not that bad for Gunners, but again, its skills are generally lacking.
- The Helm and Belt deserve a special mention though for LBG and HBG. These 2 pieces grant Bullet Limit and Comine Succes +15%, 2 great skills for gunners. Using even one of these skills can be very useful for Epic Hunting Quests, since they will allow you to bring more ammo by improving your combination results, and since they both use only 1 piece of armor, most armors will still be able to maintain their own skills with some gemming.