Lavasioth is a Piscine Wyvern with rock hard scales. Glowing magma aurates from veins in its body. It lives in volcano zones where it can freely swim in the lava. Its attacks and movements are vaguely similar to those of a Plesioth and Blos-type wyverns. It can fire huge balls of magma at hunters; when these hit the ground, they scatter into smaller molten rocks which can still do considerable damage. Lavasioth can also jump up and slam itself down on the ground - this attack is very powerful. Another attack is the 'Sliding U Turn'. It will slide bodily across the floor towards hunters, but after missing can turn around and slide at hunters again, with pin-point accuracy.
Lavasioths are featured in Monster Hunter Frontier. It was first introduced in the game on August 8, 2007. They also make an appearance in Monster Hunter Portable 2nd G and Monster Hunter Freedom Unite.
In Monster Hunter Frontier 8.0 Update, HC Lavasioth is introduced, complete with new attacks. It can rear up and fire a spread of fireballs into the air, which fall and damage hunters around it, and it can fire more projectiles from within the lava. It can also use double body-slams.
- Its head and back fins are breakable.
- Lavasioth is weakest to cutting damage on the stomach, and impact damage on the back.
- It is easy to notice when it is weak enough to capture; the layer of flowing lava on its body will disappear.
- Like the Plesioth, its areas are limited. It can only move between areas 9 and 10 in the Volcano.
- It can chain up to 4 body slams, most often when it is in rage.
- Lavasioth's Hip Check is blockable, but even if blocked the Hunter will still take minor damage (even if they are using Guard +2).
- In Monster Hunter Frontier Season Forward 5, two new Lavasioth variants (Aruganosu and Goruganosu) are introduced. They appear in the Tower 3 as a pair, one gold and the other silver. The silver variety favours Ice-element attacks and the gold variety Thunder, and they can combine their moves with deadly effect.
Lavasioth: Badass Meter: