Lavasioth is a Piscine Wyvern introduced in Monster Hunter Frontier Season 1.0. It is known to inhabit volcanic environments and can be encountered at HR17 in Monster Hunter Frontier and HR8 in Monster Hunter Freedom Unite.
Lavasioth is a bipedal Piscine Wyvern that reside in lava rather than water. Its body is covered with hardened magma, forming a tough outer shell. Its head is fish-like in nature, with rounded features and large, circular eyes. Its mouth is filled with sharp, needle-like fangs. Its legs are large with hard rock scales and end in fins rather than claws. Unlike other Piscine Wyverns, Lavasioth lacks wings. Instead, it has only a pair of medium-length pectoral fins. It has a long, thick tail to assist in when swimming through the thick magma it resides in.
Its attacks and movements are vaguely similar to those of a Plesioth and Blos wyverns. It can fire huge balls of magma at hunters; when these hit the ground, they scatter into smaller molten rocks which can still do considerable damage. Lavasioth can also jump up and slam itself down on the ground - this attack is very powerful. Another common attack is the 'Sliding U Turn'. It will slide bodily across the ground towards hunters, but after missing can turn around and slide at hunters again, with pin-point accuracy.
Lavasioth is a rarely seen Piscine Wyvern, living and swimming in lava. It is almost using its body all the time, from body slam to hip-check. Its hard rock scales make Lavasioth able to swim inside lava without burned, also making it hard to slashed by swords, it will need pink sharpness to make it finely slashed without bouncing (Although the slash will leave some bouncing sprinkle).
Lavasioth lives in the Volcano area.
Other Non-Subspecies Forms
Hard Core (HC) Lavasioth
In Monster Hunter Frontier Season 8.0, HC Lavasioth is introduced, complete with new attacks. It can rear up and fire a spread of fireballs into the air, which fall and damage hunters around it, and it can fire more projectiles from within the lava. It can also use double body-slams.
- Its head and back fins are breakable.
- Lavasioth is weakest to cutting damage on the stomach, and impact damage on the back.
- It is easy to notice when it is weak enough to capture; the layer of flowing lava on its body will disappear.
- Like the Plesioth, its areas are limited. It can only move between areas 9 and 10 in the Volcano.
- It can chain up to 4 body slams, most often when it is in rage.
- Lavasioth's Hip Check is blockable, but even if blocked the Hunter will still take minor damage (even if they are using Guard +2).
- In Monster Hunter Frontier Forward.5, two new Lavasioth variants (Aruganosu and Goruganosu) are introduced. They appear in the Tower 3 as a pair, one gold and the other silver. The silver variety favours Ice-element attacks and the gold variety Thunder, and they can combine their moves with deadly effect.