A large, wombat-like Fanged Beast. Its ears are long and highly sensitive, and its face features a beak-like mouth along with small red eyes. A Lagombi's belly is made of a low-friction material and is shaped so that it can slide upon the ice like a sled. It is covered in a thick fur coat to keep it warm in its sub-zero homeland.
A Lagombi has superb hearing in order to remain aware of predators. Fortunately for hunters, that also leaves it vulnerable to loud noises, such as Sonic Bombs (like Yian Kut-Ku). It attacks by throwing chunks of ice, swiping with its claws, and sliding around on its belly in order to ram foes. To traverse from area to area it slides on its belly much like a penguin. In Monster Hunter 4, Lagombi is given 2 new attacks, including a jump attack followed by a roll, and the ability to throw a chunk of ice straight up to hit climbing hunters.
Lagombi is a relatively docile monster, but will respond with aggression when provoked or threatened. It is evidently an insectivore, as it enjoys feeding on Bnahabra.
The name Lagombi is derived from the Greek word for hare, "lagos". The "-mbi" was added by the localization team as a way to give the name a cuter sound.
Other Non-Subspecies Forms
Heavy Snow Lord Lagombi
Main Article: Heavy Snow Lord Lagombi
A Named Variant of Lagombi first appearing in Monster Hunter X.
Main Article: Witch Lagombi
A Variant of Lagombi that appears in Monster Hunter Explore.
Monster Hunter Portable 3rd
Information taken from mhp3rd.net
|Hitzone||Cut. D.||Imp. D.||Shot D.|
|MHP3rd/MH3U/MHX: Arzuros, Lagombi and Volvidon Theme|
|MH4/MH4U: Great Jaggi, Velocidrome, Gendrome, Iodrome, Lagombi and Seltas Theme|
MH4U Breakable Parts
- Its ears can be broken once.
- Like Yian Kut-Ku, Sonic Bombs will be useless while enraged.
- If a hunter throws a Sonic Bomb while Lagombi is sliding, it will crash.
- When low on stamina, Lagombi will fall, sometimes after sliding on the ground.
- It'll try to slide away. Near the Bnahabra's nest, it'll dig up food that was safely hidden under the snow.
- When weak, Lagombi will leave an area by limping, instead of sliding.
- Its name has been based off of the Greek word for hare "lagos".
- It will sleep in area 6 of the Tundra in order to recover health.
- There is a download quest where players can hunt a mini Lagombi.
- The Fanged beast theme is removed so it adapts the Drome theme.
- It can be infected by the Frenzy Virus.