Ivory Lagiacrus is a subspecies of Lagiacrus first appearing in Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate. It sports a briny white body, unlike the usual blue of Lagiacrus. In addition, the various knobs, spines and horns on its body are a deep blue, compared to the common Lagiacrus's brown and orange.
Unlike the other two species of Lagiacrus, Ivory Lagiacrus prefers a terrestrial lifestyle and spends very little of its time in the water. It has many enhanced and powerful thunder attacks that can cover a wider area than those of the common Lagiacrus.
- Ivory Lagiacrus feeds on carcasses, Aptonoth, or Slagtoth to regain stamina.
- When near death, Ivory Lagiacrus sleeps in Area 12 (of the Deserted Island) to rest.
- Ivory Lagiacrus will leap off the ledge in Area 7 to swim to Area 11 when it is weak.
- Ivory Lagiacrus is much better adapted to fighting on land than normal Lagiacrus.
- Cutting weapons will bounce off the head of the Ivory Lagiacrus.
- Ivory Lagiacrus, along with Azure Rathalos are the first subspecies to appear in the opening cinematic of a Monster Hunter game, and the only subspecies to be rendered using a CG engine.
- While being better adapted to fighting on land it is still possible to fight the Ivory Lagiacrus underwater.
- Ivory Lagiacrus has the ability to use its shell shockers without getting any power in them.
- The Moga Village Chief notes that the Ivory Lagiacrus is his arch-nemesis and was the very reason he stopped hunting.
- The Ivory Lagiacrus can now fire a more potent lightning ball that can create an AOE that will inflict damage.
- This attack can be predetermined. If the Ivory Lagiacrus twists its head in a 180 degree angle, it will fire the potent lightning ball.
- When it hasn't spotted the hunter it may eat meat and drop a shiny.
Want to see more? Check out Ivory Lagiacrus Photo Gallery
Want to see more? Check out Ivory Lagiacrus Videos
|Vuze Plays MH3U - Dorf ★9 Elfenbein-Lagiacrus (Synchro)(11:16)|