Kushala Daora is a unique Elder Dragon capable of harnessing the power of wind. Its skin is plated with metal, which it has to shed occasionally, and it will defend itself fiercely from Hunters.
Kushala Daora is a four legged Elder Dragon with a pair of widely spreading wings. Its skin is plated with metal that makes weapons bounce off without enough sharpness. Kushala Daora has numerous horns lining its head and sharp claws on each of its legs.
Kushala Daora have the ability to manipulate strong winds, creating a wind barrier that surrounds it during rage mode. The wind barrier can knock a hunter back, making the hunter vulnerable to Kushala Daora's attacks. The wind barrier also makes it difficult for the hunter to attack its body, except for head and the tail.
Kushala Daora can be observed drinking water in the Jungle and eating ore in Area 7 in the Jungle (MHFU). Kushala Daora will shed its skin after it is rusted, although there are Rusted Kushala Daora that hasn't shed its skin recently.
Kushala Daora can be fought in many places, mainly in the Snowy Mountains. It is seen in the Jungle, and on rare occasions in the Desert (G-Rank Quest). Rusted Kushala Daora can be fought in the town.
Other Non-Subspecies Forms
Rusted Kushala Daora
Main Article: Rusted Kushala Daora
The Rusted Kushala Daora is an older Kushala Daora that hasn't shed its metallic scales recently. In response, its shiny, silver, metallic skin becomes a rusted brown. It can be fought in a download quest in Monster Hunter Freedom 2, and in the Gathering Hall (Quest Level 5, only able to start Quest if players has completed all HR2 and 3 Quests). Both of these Quests happen in the Town. Rusted Kushala Daora is an Event Quest monster in Monster Hunter 4.
Hard Core (HC) Kushala Daora
HC Kushala Daora is capable of inflicting the Defense Down status if the Hunter is close enough for the roar to launch him/her into the air. The ice crystals formed on the ground during a roar don't inflict the status but serve the purpose of stopping the red bar damage recovery of the Hunter.
Gou (剛) Kushala Daora has an exclusive attack where it charges up an attack and then flaps its wings violently for a few seconds, enveloping itself in a Hurricane-like twister that OHKO's (rage mode) anyone who comes in direct contact with it. In rage mode this move has a charge-up time of approximately 1 second.
|MHF2, MHFU, MH4 and MHFG: Kushala Daora Music Theme|
Since its appearance in Monster Hunter 2, Kushala Daora has two music themes. This changed in Monster Hunter Freedom 2 wherein it only used one of its themes. This carried over to its later appearances, making the other Music Theme exclusive to Monster Hunter 2.
- After shedding its old skin, Kushala Daora's new skin glows pure white before becoming metallic grey, as seen in the Kushala Daora Ecology Video.
- Kushala Daora has two themes, although only one is heard in MHFU.
- Destroying its horn or cutting its tail will completely nullify its ability to create a wind barrier.
- The easiest way to attack the Kushala while it still has its wind aura up is to attack its head. However, attacking the head is very dangerous; if wind barrier strikes, you will be knocked down, and become completely vulnerable to any further attacks.
- You can break its horn, wings, and sever its tail for an extra carve.
- According to one of the Uniqlo Monster Hunter 10th Anniversary T-Shirts, the size of the foot of a Kushala Daora is 110 centimeters.
- Kushala Daora can be observed drinking water in the Jungle.
- It can also be seen eating ore in area 7 of the Jungle.
- Damage accumulation will be separated into Elder quests, Guild 1-star to 5-stars (aka Guild Low Rank quests), Guild 6-stars to 8 stars (aka Guild High Rank quests) and Guild G-Lvl 3 Stars. So if a hunter fights Kushala in an Elder Quest, one must not expect the damage to carry into either the Guild Low or High Rank quests, and vice versa.
- This principle applies to all Elder Dragon damage accumulation in the game.
- A shed Kushala Daora skin is found on top of Area 8 in the Snowy Mountains, which can be mined for Khezu Whelps and Decayed Dragon Scales.
- In order to make the Kushala Daora flee, you must decrease his health by 30% within 25 minutes.
- The Kushala Daora's skin is reflective to light. It will also make a metallic clinking sound effect as it moves around.
- When poisoned or in rage mode, Kushala Daora's wind barrier will turn from white to black.
- Breaking its horn or cutting its tail no longer completely nullifies its ability to generate a wind barrier; it will be weakened, however.
- There is a shed Kushala Daora skin in the Frozen Seaway on top of Area 4.