|Some of the names in this Article use an unofficial English translation of its official Japanese Name.|
The name is obtained either by using Japanese translating programs or through previous existing English equivalent terms in the game. The names will be used as quick references around other articles in the Monster Hunter Wiki until Capcom reveals the official English names for them.
Kuarusepusu is a monster introduced in Monster Hunter Frontier Forward.4. It was the first Leviathan to make an appearance in the Frontier series. It mainly inhabits the Highland and Desert areas and is capable of using the Thunder Element and the Fire Element. It has also been spotted at the Great Forest Peak.
Kuarusepusu has the amazing ability to collect and focus sunbeams and electricity as a weapon. Kuarusepusu is well known for its incredible attack strength for whatever rank its hunted in much like Gurenzeburu who appears to be its rival in the Highland's.
Many of its attacks are a combination and improvement of Agnaktor's and Lagiacrus with some very heavy attack power and range added. For example when Kuarusepusu does a slither attack its range is unlimited and it will not stop until it hits its target or passes it. The same goes for its digging attacks. When Kuarusepusu charges its thunder during a storm the following burst will be surprisingly wide in range compared to Lagiacrus on land catching many Leviathan hunters off guard paralyzing them or instantly killing them. If Kuarusepusu charges during the sun shining bright it will make a flash much like Gypceros blinding hunters. At HR100 this flash is accompanied by four spinning sun beams that cause fire damage hitting anyone who go blinded or failed to evade after the flash.
As for its beam attacks most are preeminent of Agnaktor's only instead of snapping its mouth its crystals start flashing and the beam comes off its horn. At HR100 Kuarusepusu adds sweeping beams to its tactics including a tail sweeping beam where it makes a beam with its tail instead of its head catching many hunters off guard.
A unique feature from Kuarusepusu is that it can leave crystals on the ground from tail attacks and shake them off. When the sun shines on them, stepping close will cause them to shine and then explode causing KO. But if you attack them you gain fire element on your weapon along with whatever element your weapon has at the same time for 1 powered hit. During a Storm stand near them and they will glow blue then explode with electricity. But just like before attack them and gain their element which is Thunder. On a side note Kuarusepusu can activate all the crystals exploding them at once when it roars. When the crystals have been left alone long enough they will explode anyway by themselves.
In the Great Forest Peak Kuarusepusu is super charged with electricity making all its attacks hit even more amazingly hard and its slither is extremely deadly homing in on hunters covered in electricity instantly killing hunters or using its even more improved thunder charge with fearful range.
In the Desert Kuarusepusu can be found in pairs appearing to communicate by flashing their crystals as this is only seen during the quest with a pair. In a pair they perform a team based attack that requires a partner. They both signal each other by curling and flashing and when they both perform the same light show they begin to charge up and their crystals begin to flash red and they spread sparkles that glow in the air followed by a sun burst so huge anyone within the range of double the Kuarusepusu's body will be burnt with extreme fire damage and out of range hunters get blinded causing KO.
- All four legs and tail can be broken, along with flesh around the head.
- Kuarusepusu's moves are affected by the weather. In sunlight, it can use its crystals to shine and K.O Hunters; in the rain, they are used to summon lightning bolts.
- Hitting these crystals in either weather condition will add a special effect to your weapon strikes for 1 hit.
- Being a Leviathan, Kuarusepusu has some attacks in common with Lagiacrus and Agnaktor.
- Its Gou weapons all share the trait that they have a ridiculous amount of Elemental power. Such as the base form of the Sword and Shield having 1000 Thunder Element.
- Kuarusepusu was originally a concept for a Leviathan meant for MH3
- To the horror of many upgrading HR100 Kuarusepusu weapons to maximum power usually requires five or more of two kinds paper proofs. One from the extremely powerful Kuarusepusu in the Great Forest Peak and another from Kuarusepusu found in pairs in the desert.
- This sometimes makes hunters question if these weapons are truly worth the trouble to make. Unless its a event you normally only get one proof per hunt and two if you're lucky.
|Title||MHFO Forward 4: Trailer featuring Kuarusepusu|
Provided by MHFofficial