|Some of the names in this Article use an unofficial English translation of its official Japanese Name.|
The name is obtained either by using Japanese translating programs or through previous existing English equivalent terms in the game. The names will be used as quick references around other articles in the Monster Hunter Wiki until Capcom reveals the official English names for them.
A lemur-like Fanged Beast monster with large ears and uniquely adapted forelimbs and tail.
Kechawacha can fold its ears over its face, forming a "mask" that is likely used to intimidate would-be attackers. It also sports a tube-like trunk and large, forward-facing eyes.
It is also capable of shooting globs of mucus from its trunk-like nose that cause Waterblight to attack from a distance.
It is shown that Kechawacha is able to glide using a membrane between its arms, legs, and tail, in a manner similar to a flying squirrel. This makes the Kechawacha the first Fanged Beast able to "fly".
Curious in nature Kechawacha will investigate anything in their environment that is new to them. As relatively peaceful monsters these creatures would rather flee than fight, yet if fleeing is not an option they can be surprisingly aggressive and will readily use their long, sharp, and hooked claws, nose-like trunk and mask-like ears to defend themselves.
It appears to inhabit forested areas, using the tree limbs and canopy to swing freely from place to place.
- When enraged, Kechawacha's large ears will fold and cover its face.
- In this state, Kechawacha becomes much more aggresive and faster than ever, although it seems it doesn't aim its attacks as accurately.
- Also while enraged, flash bombs and sonic bombs will not work on Kechawacha.
- Its ears can be broken along with its claws and tail.
- When low on stamina it will fail shooting its mucus globs.
- Before leaving a area, Kechawacha will spread its membrane and flap it two times fast and then fly.
- Kechawacha has two long, barbed fingers on each hand and a barbed tail that aid in moving among vines and trees in its habitat, as well in combat.
- Kechawacha can be affected by sonic bombs.
- If you throw a sonic bomb while Kechawacha is hanging on a tree, Kechawacha will fall down.
- When low on stamina, Kechawacha can fly to another area to recover it.
- It will also feed on Altaroth to recover stamina.
- Kechawacha is the Urgent Quest to unlock 3 star quests.
- Kechawacha first appears in the 2 star urgent village quest first and also appears in HR1 Guild Quests.
- When near death, it will sleep upside down hanging on vines with its tail in Area 9 of the Ruins Field.
- It can be infected by Gore Magala's Feral Wyvern Virus.