Jhen Mohran is an extremely large monster, with a long, almost serpentine body shape. On each side of its head are sturdy, sharp-ended tusks which can be broken by hunters. While it possesses front legs, it has no back legs so it moves either by dragging its enormous body along the ground or by swimming in the sand. A rocky spine runs along its back, where valuable minerals can be found.
Typically, Jhen Mohran is a calm creature, but will attack approaching Dragonships if threatened. In self defense, it rams the ship with its body and throws large stones off its back. It takes little notice of hunters climbing on its back, focusing more on the Dragonship.
It lives only in the Great Desert.
Monster Hunter 3
Monster Hunter Portable 3rd
Information is taken from mhp3rd.net
|Hitzone||Cut. D.||Imp. D.||Shot D.|
|1st time||2nd time|
|Sonic Bomb||x||☆☆☆||Hunting gong is used.|
For the damage formula (how it's calculated), hitzone charts, Jhen Mohran info and more click the following links: Monster Hunter 3 Damage Formula or Monster Hunter 3 Hitzone Charts. Images created by Inkoseh.
|MH3: Jhen Mohran, Hallowed Jhen Mohran and Dah'ren Mohran Music Theme Part 1|
|MH3: Jhen Mohran, Hallowed Jhen Mohran and Dah'ren Mohran Music Theme Part 2|
- The quest is fought on a boat named the Dragonship and later on a sandy expanse. The Dragonship has a Dragonator, 2 Ballistae and 2 Cannons. A Ballista Binder and a Hunting Gong are located on the ship too.
- The Dragonator can be used up to four times in the quest, twice in each phase. However, this is not recommended and as of MH3U, it can only actually hit 3 times.
- The Ballista Binder and the Hunting Gong are both used to stagger the Jhen Mohran. If timed right, they will cancel an attack. Both the Gong and the Binder have a recharge time.
- As mentioned above, the Dragonator can be used up to 4 times in the quest, the first during its shoulder charge from the starboard side of the ship, the second during its head-on charge, and twice during the 'final showdown'. However in 3U, Jhen may move towards the left side of the area, away from the Dragonator. While it might recharge in time for a fourth activation, it will not actually hit Jhen Mohran.
- If attempting to achieve both hits during the first section, the hunters have to use the gong and binder carefully, break every accessible part, and stagger it enough times, otherwise the Dragonator will not have enough time to recharge before Jhen does its head-on charge.
- If Jhen Mohran destroys the Dragonship, the quest immediately ends in failure. This is the case even during the second phase of the battle.
- Both tusks and the two spine cracks can be broken, and its two arms can be damaged.
- When both its tusks are broken, the right one is longer than the left to ensure that players can still get on its back during the Dragonship phase.
- Jhen Mohran's roar requires HG Earplugs to block.
- Jhen Mohran's armor sets are named after Japanese battleships and aircraft carriers: Yamato, Mutsu, Amagi, Hyuga.
- Jhen Mohran's Long Sword is a Chinese pole weapon that is currently used in some forms of Chinese martial arts. In Chinese it is properly called a 偃月刀 yan yue dao ("reclining moon blade"). It is comparable to a European fauchard or glaive and consists of a heavy blade with a spike at the back and sometimes also a notch at the spike's upper base that can catch an opponent's weapon. In addition there are often irregular serrations that lead the back edge of the blade to the spike. The blade is mounted atop a 5–6 foot long wooden or metal pole with a pointed metal counter weight used to balance the heavy blade and for striking on the opposite end. The blade is very deeply curved and therefore unlike most polearms, solely useful for sweeping cuts where it relies on range and power. Also known as a Guan Dao, it is useful against soldiers on horseback. It also evolves from the Arzuros Longsword, which is a supposed Naginata.
- The "Mohran" may come from the word Moraine which is a rocky accumulation of glacial debris.
- Jhen Mohran can no longer be hunted because the online servers have been shut down.
- Hunters climbing back to the ship on the ships could be hit by rocks thrown by Jhen Mohran.
- Felyne Comrades, when brought, can operate Cannons and Ballistae, but cannot climb on Jhen Mohran's back.
- Now, Jhen Mohran can be fought offline at the end of Village Quests.
- In the last Low Rank urgent quest, Jhen Mohran is fought only during the 20-minute sandship section, similarly to the Low Rank event quest in Monster Hunter 3. During this fight, Jhen Mohran can only be repelled and will deal more damage to the ship with some of its attacks. For example, its charges toward the ship drops 20% of the ship's integrity.
- In High Rank, Jhen Mohran is the last Urgent Quest before Amatsumagatsuchi is unlocked.
- Cannon and Ballista Ammo are limited in Monster Hunter Portable 3rd, which explains the large amounts of Ballista Ammo in the Supply Box at the beginning of the Quest.
- It has a new attack that shoots a tunnel of sand from its mouth to the ship in the second phase of the quest. This sends hunters flying and can damage the ship. Jhen Mohran and Hallowed Jhen Mohran may use this attack only during G Rank Quests.
- The Villager Request 'Dragonship Duty' must be completed before acquiring the Village Quest in High Rank.