Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Return to Armor List (MHFU)
This is the Low Rank Blademaster Version of the Hornet Armor.
Click for Low Rank Gunner Version of Hornet Armor.
Slots & Description
Vibrant Pelt is obtained by breaking the horn on the head of a Congalala. See Hornetaur for tips on farming bugs. Monster Fluid can be carved from both Hornetaur and Vespoids.
The Hornet set is one of the earliest ways in the game to obtain the Hi-Grade Earplug skill. It does suffer from low Protection and most resistances.
This armor set is predominantly black with an insectoid appearance. It includes conspicuously large shoulders with protruding spikes, and a well-armored head-piece extending backwards from the top of the head.
| Skill |
|Skill Points|| Total |
| Active |
|HearProtct||+5||+3||+2||+3||+2||+15||High Grade Earplugs|
|Dragon Res||+2||+2||+2||+2||+2||+10||Dragon Res +5|
A full set of Hornet armor provides:
- Hi-grade Earplug (+15 HearProtct)
- Dragon Resistance increased by 5 (+10 Dragon Res)
- Demonic Protection (-10 Protection)
- Protection Jewels can be used to remove the Demonic Protection.
- 2 x Gathering Jewel will give Gathering +1
- 5 x Gathering Jewel will give Gathering +2
- The earliest armor to give High-Grade Earplug, one of the best defensive skills in Monster Hunter. This alone would make it a great armor, but unfortunately, its defense is low, its materials hard to get (most notably the Vibrant Pelt) and its second skill is pretty useless so early in-game, as mostly Elder Dragons deal Dragon damage. To make matters worse, it boasts horrible elemental resistances, being very weak to Fire, Thunder and Ice and having a small weakness to Water. Still, the Earplug skill is good enough to make this armor worth the time to make it, because being safe from attacks right after a roar (Rathalos and Tigrex are notable for this) can save your life, and being able to attack through long roars (Khezu's and Gravios' for example) can make fights much shorter.
- If you only need regular Earplugs, you can, instead of using the whole armor, only use the Head, Chest/Waist and Legs. This will remove the annoying Demonic Protection and give you 2 other pieces to use, still with the 4 slots from the Hornet Armor. This gives you the room to either compensate for the horrible elemental resistances and/or defenses or add a second skill of your choice.
- If you are willing to invest a lot of time in farming for the materials and can live with the few cons, this armor will be worth every last bit of time and will serve you well throughout Low Rank.