|Some of the names in this Article use an unofficial English translation of its official Japanese Name.|
The name is obtained either by using Japanese translating programs or through previous existing English equivalent terms in the game. The names will be used as quick references around other articles in the Monster Hunter Wikia until Capcom reveals the official English names for them.
Its large spiked horn is a deadly weapon; however, it can also attack with a water beam, water balls, hip check, a turning bite, a slam attack, and a charge. Gurenzeburu can also produce a paralyzing gas in the same manner as a Gravios' gas attacks.
The Highland, in which Gurenzeburu lives, is known for its rapidly changing weather; the lightning storms can even damage Gurenzeburu, should it be struck directly.
Other Non-Subspecies Forms
Hard Core (HC) Gurenzeburu
Hardcore Gurenzeburu appears to be older and more mature; its horn has become longer and sturdier, its spikes have grown longer, and its overall body color appears darker. It can be first hunted at SR22.
HC Gurenzeburu has new attacks. The first one involves it smashing its horn into the ground, causing large AoE damage. The second new attack is a charge, which inflicts KO status and knocks Hunters over.
At SR100 Gou, HC Gurenzeburu can charge up its body, enhancing its attacks with water damage and increasing its attack speed.
- Gurenzeburu's head, back, wings, chest and tail can be broken and tail can be severed.
- Gurenzeburu's tail can only be severed when near death and the amount of damage needed to cut it usually takes up most of a hunt.
- Gurenzeburu's roar requires HG Earplugs to block.
- Gurenzeburu only makes paralysis gas after itself has been paralyzed.
- Low Rank Gurenzeburu is unable to go into Rage Mode.
- Low Rank Gurenzeburu has a reputation for having the attack strength of a High Rank Monster and same for High Rank Gurenzeburu reputation for hitting like a HR100 monster.
- HR100 Gurenzeburu can launch tail spikes in a circle and leave them on the ground. If this is done outside during a storm these spikes become land mines, anyone who steps on these spikes will instantly activate the spike making it attract lightning shocking the unfortunate victim with what could be considered one of Gurenzeburu's strongest attacks.
- These trap spikes have resulted in the death of many hunters leading to instant quest failures.
- HC Gurenzeburu's roar requires Super HG Earplugs to block.