The Grimclaw Tigrex's forelimbs and head have a blue coloration with visible pulsating veins. When enraged, these veins pulsate red instead of blue, and are also visible on the Tigrex's chest.
They have the same movesets of a Brute Tigrex, but with minor changes. Unlike an enraged Brute Tigrex, Grimclaw Tigrex are capable to produce its explosive roars at hunters unexpectedly sometimes. Thanks to their evolved forelimbs, Grimclaw Tigrex are capable of throwing boulders and snowballs larger than their pre-evolved relative, Tigrex.
Sometimes when Grimclaw Tigrex misses hunters while charging, they will quickly sharply turn their bodies toward the hunters with their claws in the ground to throw a huge boulder, or a huge snowball, at them.
In MHX, or MH Gen, Grimclaw Tigrex are capable to slam their claws into ground to spawn large gold pillars of energy that destroy the ground in front of them, before they disappear.
In MHXX, however, Grimclaw Tigrex instead spawn pillars of steam when slamming on the ground with their claws.
Grimclaw Tigrex are a lot more hostile than a normal Tigrex. Due to this, hunters are required to have a special permit in order to hunt a Grimclaw Tigrex.
Like their pre-evolved relative, Grimclaw Tigrex can adept to almost any environment they travel in search of prey.
|MHGen: Deviant Theme|
- Grimclaw Tigrex's head and claws can be wounded and its tail can be severed.
- When enraged, Grimclaw Tigrex's eyes will turn red and its arms, chest and tail will become inflamed.
- Its arms become more vulnerable to attack when enraged.
- Grimwclaw Tigrex occasionally enters rage mode, even after mere seconds of being engaged and mere seconds of exiting rage mode.
- Grimclaw Tigrex has an advancing spin attack.
- Like Brute Tigrex and Molten Tigrex, Grimclaw Tigrex has larger roars.
- Grimclaw Tigrex is able to throw much larger boulders and snowballs at enemies that roll across the ground, once they land.
- Grimclaw Tigrex has a rampage charge like its relatives, with the addition of small shockwaves as it flails about.
- It is also able to connect it with some other attacks such as a rock throw and a spin attack.
- It is able to smash its one of its claw into the ground and spawn three large gold pillars of energy that destroy the ground in front of it, before they disappear.
- In higher levels, Grimclaw Tigrex can spawn five large gold pillars.
- The area where the pillars appear glows golden before the pillars materialize.