This subspecies is covered in mossy green fur. Its long, prehensile tail ends in a bright red spike, and its eyes are a bright yellow.
Although the Green Nargacuga is very fast and agile like the common Nargacuga, it is capable of more advanced movements and attacks. While it has many of the same abilities as the common Nargacuga, its true ferocity becomes apparent when it's enraged. It can perform a tail slam, then jump and smash again in an attempt to hit the hunter. Like the regular smash, it leaves it vulnerable while it tries to pry its tail free. Its tail slam is guaranteed to stun a hunter if it connects, making it particularly dangerous.
Green Nargacuga are highly aggressive and bloodthirsty, and it will achieve whatever ends to get its prey.
Monster Hunter Portable 3rd
Information is taken from mhp3rd.net
- When enraged, its eyes leave a yellow-orange trail instead of red.
- Breaking the head of the Green Nargacuga will leave its right eye cut out, instead of its left eye being cut.
- It preys on Kelbi, Gargwa, or Aptonoth to recover Stamina.
- Whenever enraged, Green Nargacuga will hop twice instead of once before roaring.
- Unlike normal Nargacuga, the Green Nargacuga's readying time for pouncing attacks is drastically reduced.
- Green Nargacuga's roar requires Earplugs to block.
- Occasionally, Jaggi, Wroggi, and their larger counterparts will attack the Green Nargacuga. It may also attack them.
- Green Nargacuga's tail can be cut even if the creature isn't enraged, unlike the regular Nargacuga in Monster Hunter Freedom Unite.
- The Green Nargacuga is unique in that its tail spikes are capable of causing KO and doesn't cause the hunter to be knocked away flying.
- After the second tail slam, the Green Nargacuga takes a longer amount of time in order to pry it off as compared to a single tail slam, leaving itself more vulnerable for attack.