Great Jagras greatly resembles an Iguana. It has yellow scales with orange accents and a bluish underside. It also has a distinct mane of hairs that resemble dreadlocks. The monster has incredible stomach capacity and often swallows prey whole, greatly distending its belly.
Great Jagras is able to swallow large prey whole in one gulp, allowing it to use its immense weight to fight off any potential threats. It also on very rare occasions will vomit at the hunter as a projectile if it's stomach is bloated, which is similar to the Great Girros Paralyzing Spit.
Great Jagras are passive toward hunters until attacked.
Great Jagras can be seen inhabiting the Ancient Forest.
|Great Jagras Damage Effectiveness|
- Great Jagras is the leader of the Jagras.
- Great Jagras is known to leave slide trails on the ground.
- Great Jagras's head, front limbs and belly can be wounded.
- Great Jagras will spit out whatever it has eaten if it takes too much damage while its stomach is bloated.
- Great Jagras won't attack hunters unless they attack it, although it will attack an Anjanath on sight.
- In the Ancient Forest, Great Jagras is low in the food chain, outclassed by both Anjanath and Rathalos in that location.
- Great Jagras attacks can greatly vary in battle, depending on whether it has eaten anything or not. When it has eaten, it'll try to use its own weight to crush hunters.
- Great Jagras is known to regurgitate food in order to feed the Jagras.
- By studying how reptiles increase in size after eating, the developers for Monster Hunter: World were able to create Great Jagras.
- Deviljho will sometimes pick up and use Great Jagras as a living weapon, flailing it around and damaging it in the process.