Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Although its relationship with regular Ceadeus is unknown, this subspecies is seemingly a fully-grown Ceadeus. Goldbeard Ceadeus is of a darker coloring, having developed a lustrous golden hide and darker brown underbelly, with a more pronounced mane. Unlike the regular Ceadeus, both of its horns are large and symmetrical, overtaking its remaining eye. In addition, both horns can be broken off which yields a total of four carves.
Goldbeard Ceadeus is capable of firing a current beam that can be swept from right to left, in addition to the usual vertical attack. It is also known to quickly swim to the top of the ruins, so as to fire a sweeping current beam which affects a wide area.
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
Source: BradyGames Guide
- Unlike the standard Ceadeus, Goldbeard Ceadeus cannot be hunted over the span of multiple hunts, and must be slain in one quest.
- Goldbeard Ceadeus has higher durability on its back, requiring at least blue sharpness to ensure that the player's weapon doesn't bounce off. Its tail, underbelly and beard are still susceptible to 'weaker' attacks.
- It has an 'upgraded' form of the water breath attack because it can shoot in arcs.
- As opposed to the basic Ceadeus, both horns are full-size and can be broken off; each one can be carved twice.
- Goldbeard Ceadeus' back and tail section can be broken or 'scarred'. Both of its horns can be broken off, and its beard can be sheared.
- Goldbeard Ceadeus' roar requires HG earplugs to block.
- If you fail to kill Goldbeard Ceadeus before the quest time ends, it will not flee and you will fail the quest.
- The quest's time limit is 50 minutes as opposed to the original species' 30.
- Instead of being fought as it travels through the areas of the Underwater Ruin, Goldbeard Ceadeus is fought solely in the final area.