|Some of the names in this Article use an unofficial English translation of its official Japanese Name.|
The name is obtained either by using Japanese translating programs or through previous existing English equivalent terms in the game. The names will be used as quick references around other articles in the Monster Hunter Wiki until Capcom reveals the official English names for them.
Gogomoa is a monkey-like creature with giant claws and the unique ability to shoot webs from its hands. It is only found in the mysterious Tide Island. Gogomoa is unique, in that it carries around its child (Kokomoa) on its back.
Other Non-Subspecies Forms
Hard Core (HC) Gogomoa
First able to be hunted at SR5
HC Gogomoa has surprisingly large arms and claws, Yellow fur and eyes and longer horns possibly meaning all HC Gogomoa are male. The young Kokomoa also has yellow fur and eyes like its parent.
New attacks include Gogomoa jumping into the air, grab a large coconut and throw it against a tree, making it scatter into smaller pieces like a Crag S Shot and bounce around the area. These can inflict both Poison and Sleep, Gogomoa shooting one web strand forward and then uses it to swing in a circle around the area like a sling ball, in addition to rolling backwards Gogomoa now is also capable of rolling sideways and can shoot multiple webs at the treetops and pull down a plethora of branches to crash down on anyone standing below it covering a wide area.
At SR100 HC Gou Gogomoa has a considerable speed increase in all attacks including to the point of almost no waiting time for web attacks in red aura rage from angering the parent by attacking Kokomoa.
|MHFO: Gogomoa Music Theme (Tide Island Theme)|
Want to see more? Check out Gogomoa VideosMHF『フォワード.2 ゴゴモア "新たなる牙獣種"』(00:37)
- Hunters can "cut" the web whenever it tries to perform the websling quick dash. If successfully cut, Gogomoa will trip, leaving an opening for an attack.
- While swinging across the trees it will gain KO vulnerability on its tail, meaning you can KO it by hitting the tail while it is in mid-air.
- Occasionally Gogomoa's child Kokomoa will fall off its parents back. If the child is heavily damaged, Gogomoa will rage with a noticeable red aura. During this Angry Phase its attack speed is doubled. Its susceptibility to damage also skyrockets, allowing much faster kills.
- The baby Gogomoa known as Kokomoa is not slain, however, but instead flees by digging underground. When Gogomoa leaves to another area the baby will join it again.
- The way to get Kokomoa to fall off its parent varies between rank of the monster and if is HC or normal.
- Hitting Gogomoa while it uses any of its web-based attacks will, if timed correctly, will create a big orange-reddish flash and stagger it once the attack is over. Or it smashes the Gogomoa out of the air and takes effect a second after landing on the ground. This causes heavy damage.