Goa Magara is the flagship monster first introduced in the upcoming game, Monster Hunter 4. Currently, very little is known about it.
Goa Magara uses a new Dark element/status ailment called the Feral Wyvern Virus that is capable of infecting monsters. Little is known about this disease, but it seems to make infected monsters unnaturally aggressive while allowing them to survive wounds that would normally kill them. Goa Magara also produces a "black dust" from the hair on its wings that apparently aid in its ability to hunt or sense. It has two horns that erect when enraged, exposing a glowing purple patch of skin underneath. Since Goa Magara inhabits dark areas, this could be an adaption for living in low-light areas.
- Goa Magara is the first flagship monster to not have eyes.
- The current list of monsters that its Dragon Virus infects are Tigrex, Congalala, Rathian, Kechawacha, Gypceros, Khezu and Velocidrome.
- Goa Magara has some common features of an Elder Dragon. In particular, having six limbs, including the wings on its back. It also has some features in common with the quadrupedal flying wyverns and, like Nargacuga, some of its scales, notably the ones on its wings, have turned into a fur-like substance.
- The purple coloured patch where its eyes should be resemble the patches on a Gigginox.
- Goa Magara sees its prey by their body heat, similar to the Gigginox.
- Goa Magara's Dragon Virus can spread to hunters (either directly or via the attacks of monsters that have succumbed to infection), which cancels natural recovery and severely reduces defense after a short incubation time. However, if the hunter inflicts a certain amount of damage on the monster who infected them before the incubation time is completed, the virus will be purged and the hunter will recieve a large bonus to their Affinity.