The Baleful Gigginox is a golden-green colored variation of the Gigginox that appears in Monster Hunter Portable 3rd and Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate. It is golden colored on top and a dark bruise-black color on its underside, and its heat-sensing organs glow green instead of purple, unlike the normal Gigginox.
It also uses Thunder and Paralysis instead of Poison. When enraged, its golden skin turns a bloody red colour reminiscent of the Red Khezu. Instead of poison blobs, this Gigginox produces electrical blob sacs that explode. It can also generate electricity over its whole body in a similar manner to the Khezu.
- It does not do a body slam attack filled with electricity like the original Gigginox does (with poison); instead it has an electric field attack much like the Lagiacrus or the Khezu.
- Baleful Gigginox has a different Pin Attack to its normal counterpart - instead of clinging to the ceiling and pulling the hunter in, it will "fake" an electric field, then leap at the Hunter.
- This can be predicted if the electricity that is produced around its mouth is colored blue.
- This can also be predicted if there is no wave of electricity under it.
- Baleful Gigginox can recover Stamina by eating from a bone pile like Great Baggi or preying on Herbivores, such as Popo or Anteka.
- Unlike normal Gigginox, Baleful Gigginox do not lay hatching eggs. Instead they produce exploding 'eggs' that release electricity, similar to how Gigginox sometimes releases poisonous, exploding 'eggs'.
- In MH3U, the G-Rank Baleful Gigginox can lay an electrical 'egg' upon its back, which will eventually explode in a burst of electricity that inflicts Paralysis. The globs will sparkle before exploding.
- If the head of Baleful Gigginox is broken it will shoot out blue balls of lightning instead of the normal yellow balls. These blue orbs will no longer cause Paralysis. However, its electric field will continue to inflict Paralysis.
- If the Baleful Gigginox is tired, it will have trouble doing some attacks. The electric field has a shorter span of time and when it tries to spit out a ball of lightning it doesn't work, much like the Rathalos and Rathian.
Information is taken from mhp3rd.net