|Some of the names in this Article use an unofficial English translation of its official Japanese Name.|
The name is obtained either by using Japanese translating programs or through previous existing English equivalent terms in the game. The names will be used as quick references around other articles in the Monster Hunter Wiki until Capcom reveals the official English names for them.
It uses moves similar to that of the other Espinas, but with some improved aim and a new, exclusive attack, that could devastate whole hunting parties, and change the course of the entire quest, as it flies into the air, and fires a huge reddish-purple fireball to the floor; the blast created by this explosion fires a huge wave of fire and poison which envelopes vast swathes of the area. After the initial wave, if no one trips Espinas Rare Species it will stomp and various spots will still be on fire and poisonous, making them painful to traverse.
This species of Espinas inhabits the Great Forest Peak.
Other Non-Subspecies Forms
Hard Core (HC) Espinas Rare Species
HC Espinas Rare Species has a darker hue than the normal version, more grey than white. It also sports larger spines, a bigger horn and bright red eyes.
New attacks include breathing poison mist that rapidly forms into puddles, producing smaller toxic tornadoes, and shooting a blazing tornado before soaring upwards to knock hunters off their feet.
- When breaking its chest, it seems to have purple blood, but when breaking the horns, back, and wings, it draws out red blood. It's possible the purple blood may not be blood at all, but poison.
- An interesting fact is that its battle theme is the same as Lao-Shan Lung's in Area 4.
- Espinas Rare Species' roar requires HG Earplugs to block.
- It is unclear whether this is just an albino Espinas or an entirely different subspecies. Though hints of green can be seen on its arms.
- Its new devastating fireball is extinguished by the rain, puddles, and ponds, possibly suggesting that in a dry area, the fireball can be even more threatening.
- Notice that if not tripped it drinks some water on the ground after the move is performed.
- Tripping Espinas Rare Species when recovering from its Toxic Fireblast attack will earn you a special Firestone in rewards.
- HC Espinas Rare Species' roar requires Super HG Earplugs to block.
- Players can only hunt the Espinas Rare Species once they reach HR4+.