|Some of the names in this Article use an unofficial English translation of its official Japanese Name.|
The name is obtained either by using Japanese translating programs or through previous existing English equivalent terms in the game. The names will be used as quick references around other articles in the Monster Hunter Wiki until Capcom reveals the official English names for them.
Dyuragaua has the typical body structure of a "Pseudowyvern," and is most likely related to similar monsters such as the Tigrex and Nargacuga. Its iridescent hide is covered with cyan and turquoise scales, with deep orange ridges, spikes, claws and horns. The tail terminates in a "club" covered with rounded bumps or knobs in a staggered pattern.
When enraged, Dyuragaua's tail, arms, and face will be clad in ice. Sharp icy spikes will also protrude out of its tail. When it uses ice attacks, it can inflict a new status effect called "Frostbite" (凍傷). It can do a flip attack which smashes its tail into the ground, causing a shock-wave of Sleep. The tail cannot be cut, but the spikes on it can be broken (only in rage).
Other Non-Subspecies Forms
Hard Core (HC) Dyuragaua
Able to first be hunted at SR22.
HC Dyuragaua has more vibrant colors, larger claws, longer horns and longer spikes.
Its attacks are mostly Gou Dyuragaua attacks like triple beams, double twisters and combo attacks now speed up plus a new attack where it sticks its claws in the ground then scratch's across the ground dragging its claws making twisters spin off in a circle.
Another feature that make HC Dyuragaua unique is its ability to side step evade flash bombs much like a hunter can evade a flash from a Gypceros.
- In a Monster Hunter Frontier benchmark released by Capcom, Dyuragaua is seen attacking a hunter and Berukyurosu at the Gorge..
- Dyuragaua's roar requires HG Earplugs to block.
- Dyuragaua is based on the Japanese fox spirit known as a Kitsune.
- Originally, Dyuragaua was going to be based on a dark hero.
- When a Dyuragaua jumps back with its tail in the air and postured with one arm ahead of it, it will wait for someone to attack it first to do a counter attack that causes KO making hunters fall on their knees.
- Dyuragaua takes an extremely high amount of damage from Poison (720). At HR5 Gou (剛) this is doubled and becomes 1440. However, its resistance to Poison also skyrockets each time it is inflicted.
- HC Dyuragaua's roar requires Super HG Earplugs to block.
- An HR5 Dyuragaua is capable of a triple beam attack, triple ice tornadoes, a smash attack that knocks hunters into the air then ice blasting them mid air and freezing the ground beneath it with its breath as it jumps into the air, it then lands tail first breaking the ice layer it made hoping the chunks will hit hunters, bounces from the tail landing then lands on all fours. It should also be noted that HC Dyuragaua is capable of these attacks at any rank.
- In MHFG G rank Dyuragaua gets a upgrade to its ground freezing attack where it makes a pillar of ice instead of just freezing the ground and then breaks it sending large chunks of ice in multiple directions until they hit something.